Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs
    #7681979 - 11/26/07 02:01 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

link

Executive Director of the National Council on Drug Abuse (NCDA), Michael Tucker, is appealing to parents to adopt a tough love approach when dealing with children, who are substance abusers.

"You need to be tough and resolute in doing what is necessary," he urged parents. "You must have an approach of tough love, you need to help the youngster to get over this," he stated at a recent JIS Think Tank.

According to Mr. Tucker, parents need to be informed about substance abuse and its effects because they too need to be part of the solution and not the problem. He noted that too often, parents support their children's drug habit by giving them money, even though they know that their child is using drugs.

Information from a National School Survey conducted by the NCDA in 2006 reported significant experimentation with alcohol, ganja, cigarettes and crack cocaine, inhalants and beadies in youngsters between the ages of 11 and 19.

The Executive Director is appealing to parents to get professional help from substance abuse officers attached to the NCDA.

"There is help that is available.contact us at the National Council on Drug Abuse," he advised. "Our substance abuse or field officers are actually trained in primary treatment; they can engage the youngster and do an evaluation of what is happening.counsel and start the process and they can also recommend the treatment options and make referrals to health professionals that can assist that youngster," he pointed out.

Meanwhile, Director of Information and Research at the NCDA, Ellen Grizzle is encouraging parents to be positive role models for their children.

"Parents can't be users themselves and be positive role models for their children," she pointed out.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #7682127 - 11/26/07 02:50 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

b0red5tiff said:
Information from a National School Survey conducted by the NCDA in 2006 reported significant experimentation with alcohol, ganja, cigarettes and crack cocaine, inhalants and beadies in youngsters between the ages of 11 and 19.

I cant keep up with all the drug terms kids are using now days.

What the hell is a "Beadie"?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7682203 - 11/26/07 03:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

b0red5tiff said:

I cant keep up with all the drug terms kids are using now days.

What the hell is a "Beadie"?

AquaDots?

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Edited by Siekoaktiv (11/26/07 03:14 PM)

Offlineusefulidiot13
Dark Passenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Death From Above
Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #7682282 - 11/26/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

haha they say ganja for weed but still call crack "crack cocaine".

maybe that is what they call ecstasy.

--------------------
What Would Dexter Do?

Offlinenk pakelika
Visual assassin
Male

Loc: the mirror
Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: usefulidiot13]
    #7682352 - 11/26/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"Parents can't be users themselves and be positive role models for their children,"

that just pisses me off right there, cause i know alot of people who's parents have either been psychonaut's or pot heads all there kids lives and there kids grew up and never killed anyone or went on too use anything hard.

--------------------
when i get up i wake-n-bake, take a pis and shake, my clock stops at 420 what you want me too say.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: nk pakelika]
    #7682709 - 11/26/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

A beadie is an herbal-type cigarette that have no filter or papers and are rolled in leaves and tied with a string. come in different flavors, are bought at various stores etc.

They sell them in headshops around here. The above was copied and pasted, then edited by me to make it clearer to those asking.

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblewps
Well-PaidScientist
Male

Re: Parents Urged to Adopt Tough Love Approach to Children Abusing Drugs [Re: SuperD]
    #7691339 - 11/28/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

tough love is completely ridiculous. it absolutely does not work, it just produces a bunch of half-raised citizens who weren't given the proper tools to survive in the world. The fact that we have so many fuckups in our society is a testament to the failure of 'tough love' parenting.

i think its ridiculous how the same republicans who believe abortion is wrong have no problem cutting a child off and booting him out the house at the drop of the hat, because the kid didn't turn out quite the way the parent wanted him too. Thats even more irresponsible than getting an abortion. Putting more fuckups into the world just because you are unwilling and unable to raise a child properly.

sorry to go on a rant, but it pisses me off when people fuck up their kids, and then blame the children. tough love is just a copout for being a bad parent.

--------------------
"America touts itself as the land of the free, but the number one freedom that you and I have is the freedom to enter into a subservient role in the workplace. Once you exercise this freedom you've lost all control over what you do, what is produced, and how it is produced. And in the end, the product doesn't belong to you. The only way you can avoid bosses and jobs is if you don't care about making a living. Which leads to the second freedom: the freedom to starve."

- Tom Morello

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds