Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

Your pets and the kind herb...
    #7675055 - 11/24/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

So who here shares their herb with their pets? I know some people consider this "wrong" and cruel. I can see this if your giving your pet ridiculous amounts of bud, or smoking several bowls and blowing it in there face, or if you can tell that your pet just doesn't like it...I have a Toy Fox Terrier and he loves the herb just as much as i do. Anytime i smoke he knows, he jumps up next to me and patiently waits for his hit. I only give him a hit or two when ever he asks. He does not refuse or try to get away, just takes it. I also feed him shake mixed in with his food here and there, and when ever i have a few tiny stems left over he loves to chew on those as well...He just gets very playful and seems like he's loving life....

Anyone else have pets that are fond of cannabis?...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSell Your Soul
Nutmeg shaman
 User Gallery

Loc: Over there
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: openmind]
    #7675068 - 11/24/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I am very much against allowing one's pet to become influenced with any kind of drugs, other than medications indicated by a vet.

If you have pets around, you have to be sure they cannot get to your stash, and make sure they aren't around when you start smoking the green plant.

I've seen several videos of pets on acid and stuff, and it just pisses me off.

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #7675072 - 11/24/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

All of mine dislike the smoke. How does your dog take a hit? Shotgun?

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #7675093 - 11/24/07 04:03 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My cat got a good contact high last night and fell into the middle of the couch cushions. I guess she's a bit of a lightweight.

Careful giving stems to your dog. He could choke on some shit like that. I'd just throw 'em out.

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#7675095 - 11/24/07 04:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I keep my stash where he can not get to it, make sure of that. I would never consider giving my pets acid, shrooms, etc. That would piss me off too...

When i exhale my hit he puts his snout up to me and i just blow....

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: Sell Your Soul]
    #7675109 - 11/24/07 04:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

nobody's gonna wanna be honest about this... A lot of people are gonna say how bad it is to get a pet high. A lot of people are gonna say "how do you know your dog enjoys getting high, he cant talk". I have seen friend's pets get high, and many like it. How do I know they like it? you can tell by body language if a dog or cat is happy or unhappy. Another reason is because they come back for more :smirk: I don't condone getting an animal high, but in MANY cases its not evil like some people may say

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: danlennon3]
    #7675115 - 11/24/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah honestly if it looks like the pet enjoys it, or is the one coming up and taking the shotgun (if a pet doesn't want to, it'll easily move its head out of the way), then I have no problem really with it.

The only thing that's not cool is whenever the pet is being forced, and it looks really unhappy and uncomftorable with the whole thing, yet the owner's laughing about it all.

I remember last summer me and my friends made a bunch of firecrackers and left them to cool, and my dog ate 1 1/2 before we heard her munching, and she got really really high.

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
    #7675134 - 11/24/07 04:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

many dogs love beer.:thumbup:

many love weed.:thumbup:

i cant imagine any loving a psychedelic or a stimulant though.:thumbdown:

--------------------

Invisibleopenmind
curious
 User Gallery

#7675138 - 11/24/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rabidbaboon said:
Yeah honestly if it looks like the pet enjoys it, or is the one coming up and taking the shotgun (if a pet doesn't want to, it'll easily move its head out of the way), then I have no problem really with it.

The only thing that's not cool is whenever the pet is being forced, and it looks really unhappy and uncomftorable with the whole thing, yet the owner's laughing about it all.

My dog is my buddy, i know him pretty well. He will let me know when he doesn't want anymore just by moving his head. I have fed my older bigger dog before, along with a hit. She is older and seems to have some joint pain, after that though it was like she was a puppy again, it brought out some more zest in her. She is a Boxer and i could just see the happiness in her face...

--------------------

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

#7675178 - 11/24/07 04:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The dog who ate the firecrackers is a corgey and pitbull mix, so she's pretty hard headed (like a pit). Whenever we walked in on her eating she got on her back and started wagging her tail and giving us puppy eyes thinking we'd scold her, but we were just laughing. The joke was on her!

--------------------
*Cough* *Cough*

OfflineCaribou_Lou
Stranger

Loc: Never Land
    #7675598 - 11/24/07 06:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I would gladly give my cat or dog pot if I had one, they usually love it and if they dont then don't do it again. My old cat just sat in one spot really happy for a couple hours with me, and then took a nap LOL.

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: Caribou_Lou]
    #7675730 - 11/24/07 07:33 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Ive seen cats who come upto the pipe/joint trying to get high...

I know of a little puppy who used to get high and enjoy it, she would try to eat any staash she found.

Offlinewiper_mk_III
Stranger
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: implee]
    #7675773 - 11/24/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've never got my dog high (shes a Jack Russell, schizo enough as it is) but she gets all excited when she sees me going out the back for a smoke because she knows shes getting the ball thrown for her haha.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: wiper_mk_III]
    #7675886 - 11/24/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

sharing is caring. If they don't want it, then they can walk away. simple as that.

--------------------

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #7676553 - 11/25/07 12:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey openmind for what its worth, as long as you know your dog enjoys it, you should let him have some. However, it might be a better idea to make him some canna-whatever. That way he doesnt have to smoke. I would imagine he wouldnt need to eat very much. Anyway, no one should give you shit if you know your dog likes it.

OfflineUngawdly
Stranger
    #7676726 - 11/25/07 02:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, definatly yes. I have an iguana that CRAVES herb. It used to crawl around my stash box looking for little crumbs to lick up. I dont give it tons of hits. Just one or two slow breezy hits and she will go at a mango with reckless abandon. She also used to get up next to the bars of her cage every morning when I smoked before work hoping to catch a hit. Shes never once flinched away from the smoke or given any sort of sign she hates it. The second the smoke rolls over her shes up, alert, and crawling towards the source licking her lips.

What I don't condone is asshats who stick cats in boxes and blow like a whole party's worth of smoke into it. Fuckin douchebags...

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: Ungawdly]
    #7676745 - 11/25/07 02:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

^Ill second that douchebags remark

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: newlife]
    #7677614 - 11/25/07 11:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just so you young dope smokers have some cultrue you should know that's it's not -the kind herb- but it is Da Kine Bud, coming from the Hawaiian 'Da Kine' which means, really fucking awesome.

It's not -the kind- that's patently retarded, and shows that juniors do need tutors.

--------------------
...or something

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
Re: Your pets and the kind herb... [Re: eve69]
    #7677691 - 11/25/07 12:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My friends used to take their newborn kitten and throw her into a drawer they smoked out, then shut the drawer and leave her in for a minute. She kind of became retarded and permanately limp for the rest of her life, I mean they smoked like 10 gravity bongs a day minimum...it was pretty sad, but they kept her high so maybe she wasn't in pain...

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

Offlinepsilophile.7
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Nowhereland.
    #7677721 - 11/25/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

When I smoke in my room, which doesn't occur often at all, my cat comes in sometimes, sits down next to me, and just chills, like, it just sits there while I smoke, and I don't blow the smoke at it or anything, but it sits there and kinda marinates in the weed smoke thats chillin in the air, and sometimes it will curl up on my lap and kinda watch the doobie.

I like cats :laugh:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom