Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Who's the guide?
    #7674980 - 11/24/07 03:31 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Whenever I trip, I feel like the shaman of the group...Let me explain... I'm always the one that leads everyone on the adventure and makes the decisions. In some ways I feel I am also the healer...and by this I mean if there is a rare occurrence of someone having a bad trip, I'm the one who helps them. I have tripped with many different people and this always seems to happen. In no way do I think I am better than everyone else, I just always end up being the leader of the group. It's strange because I am the exact opposite when sober, I usually keep to myself and do what everyone else does.

Anyone else feel this way? Some times I dont want to be the one who makes the decisions and just be the follower :crazy:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: danlennon3]
    #7675758 - 11/24/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

damn 33 people view this and no one feels the same way?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7675808 - 11/24/07 07:51 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, for me, it usually depends on the trip and who I'm with. I usually can hold my own with psychedelics, and know those waters fairly well. Sometimes I feel like I am called upon to be stronger in tripping situations where people need someone strong to help them through a rough spot. I fill that role without even thinking. It's natural for me to rise up and help someone along, sober or on a psychedelic trip.

However, there have been a few times where I have been the one in need of comfort and solace and have required "guidance."

So I can't say either way. I usually take my guidance from inner counsel, from the beings circulating within my own soul, rather then consulting my friends; but there can be something reassuring about discussing how you feel with the group and seeing if anyone can offer anything useful.

Offlinespanky43
Just a thought
 User Gallery

Loc: Vermont
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: MOTH]
    #7675824 - 11/24/07 07:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

On mushrooms, the mushroom always seems to be the guide.

I'm usually not a leader nor a follower, rather an audience.

--------------------
"Love is what we are born with. Fear is what we have learned here. The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love back into our hearts."
:hippie:

OfflineHopi
Stranger in astrange land

Re: Who's the guide? [Re: spanky43]
    #7675887 - 11/24/07 08:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I just had my first "acid" trip. Don't know if it was an RC, but... I was my own guide, I was my saviour, the lifeguard pulling myself out of the water. On mushrooms, it is different.The mushroom is the guide. With acid, it's like it slams your head into a wall and leaves you to fend for yourself.

--------------------
Ten thousand miles an hour plus
We streak across the sky like dust
And none of us know where or why
We're like a jewel in the sky

http://psychedelicnews.wordpress.com/

Invisiblenorml840
sex toy guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: spanky43]
    #7675896 - 11/24/07 08:08 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

i can relate. sober i usually just keep to myself. tripping is when i seem to come out of my shell. too many times i've had to be the one to calm down the "bad trip". i don't mind it most of the time. i did have a rough time just recently with my brother. for the last year or two he has been very negative towards everything, but he wanted to trip with me and my buddy. so, against my better judgement, i allowed him to join. sure enough as soon as things started getting good he starts buggin out about how me and my buddy were singling him out(which we were absolutely not). no matter how much i tried to calm him down or just leave him alone, he couldn't get a grip. ended up bringin the whole mood down for the rest of us. so unfortunately for him, he has been cut off from tripping from now on. at least with me anyway.

Offlinenewlife
Raging Anamorphist
Male

Loc: South of the Arctic
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: norml840]
    #7676567 - 11/25/07 12:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Im the exact same way with my friends. I was one of the forerunners for mushrooms amongst my peers, and I feel like I know them the best. I lead quite a few to try them. My last trip one of my friends and I went on a walk (which I led). He had done them once before, but was having a total mind fuck. I helped go over what he was thinking with him, and we had this big conversation, and he then called me his spiritual guide. It was kind of funny, but he was a little serious.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Who's the guide? [Re: newlife]
    #7676811 - 11/25/07 03:03 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

some need lots of support
some don't need any support
in my social world few want to go
so mostly I go alone.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
    #7677117 - 11/25/07 07:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

OP,
How much experience do you have with these substances in comparison with your friends(co-trippers)? Also, how much reading do you do? Books like pihkal, tihkal, McKenna, Castaneda etc...In other words, books that would allow you to understand the guide or shaman's point of view.
There are those who merely take part in these rituals(tripping), and there are those who take the next step and take time to research, and enjoy the additional sides of the psychedelic experience. I think most people trip, but leave their experience behind them. Then, they wait for the next journey to come along.
Those who carry their past experiences around with them are in a position of control. Is it usually you who introduces others to these experiences?
I suppose, the difference I can find with your experiences, is that in 'waking life' I find myself in the same position of 'guide' as when I am on something. It's probably because I am in some altered state more often than my peers.
No, wait, thats not true. Because, by altered state, I don't mean by just drug or external chemical cause. I am referring to different states brought on by the resultant chemicals of emotion, and various senses. I am constantly in touch with these altered states, and while most people will feel them too, they will not ask any questions in order to delve into them further.

Just thought I'd share my 2 pence.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: akb112211]
    #7677192 - 11/25/07 08:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

akb112211 said:

I suppose, the difference I can find with your experiences, is that in 'waking life' I find myself in the same position of 'guide' as when I am on something. 

My wife just read this, and disagreed. I agreed to disagree. I'm not in always control. I guess I meant to say that I am not an introvert. And actually, if there is someone else that is being a control freak I (sometimes begrudgingly);) let them be.

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #7677322 - 11/25/07 09:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I can't say there is any particular enviornment that I favor when I trip. Most of my trips second halfs are alone, however.

With that said, I have been buying LSD and Salvia, and extended my reach as far as possible to get people to try them. I always fully explain the effects, usually we both dose equally and creating a safe atmosphere.

I try to be responsible as possible (and with low doses I still have a very rational and practical attitude; it CAN be like being high)
Honestly, the first trips are soooooo safe, people want to go outdoors. They want to trip again.

That's all I care about. I want to give it a good name. I'm like a Pyschedelic Dungeon Master of life;-) And like dungeons and dragons one rule of the game is use only the rules that suit you best. And then most people from that point on find their niche with these beautiful tools.

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
Re: Who's the guide? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7677720 - 11/25/07 12:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I'm totally the same way, and actually I'm beginning to get tired of it a bit...I want people who are uninhibited and adventurous with me on a trip these days. I've been the first person sooo many people have tripped with, and I feel like I have to be careful and make sure bad vibes don't come around because I'm the only one who can get rid of them, you know? I have to entertain and keep people chilled...and bein the shaman one's cool and all but now I trip alone alot because everyone's blown it one way or another, fucked up the whole point and atmosphere I tried to share with them.

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies