Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo
    #7672213 - 11/23/07 07:37 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

A stupid question I know but just want to know if anyone has tried with any success. Over the winter I'm sure ill end up with some contams and with h/poo limited I was wondering about just re-pasteurizing it. I realize this will leave my grain (wbs) uncolonized, but I'm thinking the wbs shouldn't be more prone to contams at this point seeing its already been colonized so its lost alot of its nutrients. I don't know I'm just speculating. Lemme know if anyones has any input about this.

Thank You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: novicemycology]
    #7672252 - 11/23/07 07:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

novicemycology said:
A stupid question I know but just want to know if anyone has tried with any success. Over the winter I'm sure ill end up with some contams and with h/poo limited I was wondering about just re-pasteurizing it. I realize this will leave my grain (wbs) uncolonized, but I'm thinking the wbs shouldn't be more prone to contams at this point seeing its already been colonized so its lost alot of its nutrients. I don't know I'm just speculating. Lemme know if anyones has any input about this.

Thank You.

Holy crap, I read that four times, and I'm still confused. Could you re-state the question?

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Offlineresptodd
I reject yourreality andsubstitute myown
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #7672781 - 11/23/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

WTF

--------------------
Damn! I'm having fun! Just keep the GD monkeys away.

OfflineTerillius
Renaissance Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #7676076 - 11/24/07 08:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That re-pasteurized grain is an imminent disaster. Seriously, the first mold spore that touches it will spring to life and that is all it takes with some trich...

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: Terillius]
    #7695485 - 11/29/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah your right now that I read it agian its very unorganized as a question huh, LOL. Sorry. I was just thinking that pasteurizing kills spores and bacteria. Or am I wrong and it will kill only one or the other. I just hate the thought of having to waste h/poo over the winter due to meen green while in the first stages of a spawn run you know.... I think if it happens I will due a small test run and hope for the best. I'll be sure to report my findings for the curious, if any.

Offlineresptodd
I reject yourreality andsubstitute myown
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
    #7695924 - 11/29/07 05:47 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

PM me I'll get ya' some Hpoo.

--------------------
Damn! I'm having fun! Just keep the GD monkeys away.

OfflineCryogenicz
what?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: resptodd]
    #7697215 - 11/29/07 11:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

take that hpoo, put it in a bag with a filter, and sterilize it, then inject with an LC...

-Graham

--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #7698429 - 11/30/07 11:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cryogenicz said:
take that hpoo, put it in a bag with a filter, and sterilize it, then inject with an LC...

-Graham

Good call!!

Offlinehosedragger
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7698598 - 11/30/07 11:54 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Pasteurizing doesn't kill "spores and bacteria" it "may" kill some that are very susceptible to heat but the really nastys need MUCH higher temps than pasteurizing.
For sure turf the stuff and start anew...even at a cost it is still less expensive than going through the same cycle of contamination yet again -HD

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: Re-pasteurizing spawned H/poo [Re: hosedragger]
    #7711294 - 12/03/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hosedragger said:
Pasteurizing doesn't kill "spores and bacteria" it "may" kill some that are very susceptible to heat but the really nastys need MUCH higher temps than pasteurizing.
For sure turf the stuff and start anew...even at a cost it is still less expensive than going through the same cycle of contamination yet again -HD

So you wouldn't try to sterilize in a spawn bag nock it up with some pan LC and see if it works im thinking thats a pretty good idea. Other than that I would definantly toss it like usual just thought I would ask before attempting you know.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   OlympusMyco.com Mushroom Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale