Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNasrudin
Stranger
A few monotub and lighting questions
    #7650003 - 11/18/07 03:46 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone,

I just got my first spores and I'm really excited to finally be growing some mushrooms. Now, I've read all kinds of info on here and I think I can handle it, but I still have a few questions.

I'm really hurting for space, and so...well, I'll tell you what my plan is. For my main terrarium, I hope to make a container out of acrylic sheet that measures roughly 22x17x17 inches. No, that's not a typo, a triangle is really my best option. So, where would you suggest I drill my holes for a monotub and how many? I'm assuming the standard 2 inch size would be fine for this.

Because I'm trying to use all my available space, and because it sounds like a cool idea (to me at least), I was thinking about also doing a small grow in this old computer tower that is sitting on my desk. The dimensions for this one would be about 6"x13". Seeing as how that's a pretty small area, I was wondering what size and quantity of holes you would suggest for a monotub. I'm also wondering about the light in there. For this, I had in mind either a CCFL attached to the top and connected to the power supply or just opening it up and giving it the room light. I'd probably only be able to give it a few hours of room light a day, though, and it would probably be at night time with the halogen bulbs in my cieling fan. Does the CCFL give me a usable spectrum? Also, I can see how air inside a computer case could get a little stagnant, so do you think I should run the fan in there too? Should I not even bother with the computer? (Though I'll probably do it anyway, even if you tell me not to...)

Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to post some pics when everything is up and running.

Nasrudin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags