Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebobty
Stranger

Sprayed weed?
    #7638446 - 11/15/07 06:27 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

In the area where I live recently dealers have started heavily screwing with their weed, it either seems to be those silicon beads or something similar to spray starch.

Either way it's extremely fucking retarded considering: the majority of people don't even own digis assuming they wanted to weigh the weed anyway and let's not forget it harshly reduces the potency of the weed.

I am actually at a point where I am considering stopping smoking altogether instead of just reducing my intake, for instance the other day I put somewhere between 0.5 and 1 gram into a joint which should have been more than enough but because the dickhead dealer had sprayed it it had virtually no effect.

Is anyone else having a problem with this? growing is out of the question(if i owned a house i'd do it for sure but i dont) and unfortunately it's very hard to determine the quality of weed before buying it, even the longterm dealers we use that were brilliant have started selling this crap. Ended up throwing away a 1/16 because it was so spoiled it made me angry, if the weed I get today is tainted too I will be forced to give up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr_DeeMsTer
Mystic

Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: bobty]
    #7638466 - 11/15/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

but some dnak, break open a bud. look at the inside. if the outside is covered in white crystals it could easily have been sprayed down with sugar water. if so kill, your dealer.

Offlinesubstraight
fella
 User Gallery

#7638467 - 11/15/07 06:37 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I don't know about giving it up, but I'd definitely give up buying weed from those dealers.

sounds like you're dealing with bad people. if you know them well enough (you should) ask them about it straight up.

I've heard of adding a little water weight, but never exactly what you're talking about. how does it actually reduce potency anyway?
sounds strange.

OfflineBaKeRx561x420
Pound 'em till you piss
Male

Loc: Nowhere, Kansas
Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: substraight]
    #7638505 - 11/15/07 07:10 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah I remember reading in a HT that dealers were putting some kind of glass fibers or something like that on their weed and when you smoked it that shit would tear up your throat and lungs...

--------------------
Get some experience under your belt or shut the fuck up.
RR

FUCK YOU TRICHODERMA

Offlinebobty
Stranger

Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: BaKeRx561x420]
    #7638523 - 11/15/07 07:24 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah baker it's these little glass beads that are apparantly used for drying flowers for display, pretty nasty because If you run your finger over the bud and then put it in your mouth you can feel a crunch like if you get sand in your mouth at the beach.

I believe it reduces potency because it stops the weed from smoking well, I have always been a firm believer in the fact weed that burns well but slowly is the most effective. I know it does reduce potency because often you can see it is decent bud, in the most recent case Im almost certain it was the same batch I had bought the week before, just the prick had sprayed it. Kinda hard to explain the potency thing because I don't fully understand it myself, suffice to say I've smoked for long enough to know when weed will be at the very worst average by looking at it.

It's all well and good saying just use better dealers, however they keep raiding all the growhouses and dealers that have been fantastic for years have had their supply screwed up. Recently we had an amazing hookup but the supply is quite unreliable now and so we have ended up back in the middle of this crappy tainted weed. To make matters worse theres a harsh contrast between really high grade weed and average stuff that's been interfered with.

I know what you mean about wetting it substraight, closest thing we really have to that is weed that hasn't remotely been cured properly, which in some ways is worse.

Invisibleazuresense
SpaceTumbler
Female

Loc: Sunshine State of Darknes...
    #7638530 - 11/15/07 07:33 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Coco-cola. Here the stupid ghetto faggots that recieve no calls anymore sprayed it with coke, let it dry to weigh it down. You'll be able to tell, it tastes a little sweeter, practically nothing like weed. It's not "sticky-icky" in a good way, just hardened, crustyish, dark. What happened to everybody WANTING each other to be high, too? That's why I smoke the kryptonic nowadays...no bullshit involved.

--------------------
"Some men change their party for the sake of their principles; others their principles for the sake of their party.” ~Winston Churchill

Offlinesubstraight
fella
 User Gallery

#7638560 - 11/15/07 08:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think the best compromise between quiting and getting ripped off by bad people would be to only buy weed from the few good sources you can find.

when there are no good sources consider yourself on a break. when a decent bag comes your way the break is over.

weed sprayed with stupid shit or laced with glass beads is ridiculous.
I'd avoid giving the guys doing that any business at all and if I knew them well enough I'd have a chat with them about why I wont be back.

Offlinebobty
Stranger

Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: substraight]
    #7638744 - 11/15/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I managed to get hold of an old friend who has really good contacts so hopefully I should be sorted by tonight.

Thing is I can understand a supplier screwing with it to bring the weight up, but when your a smallish dealer its just really poor doing it because as I said most smokers don't weigh their draw so all you are doing is messing up perfectly good weed.

Azure my best dealer used to be like that, he even got in special weed for his best customers at christmas, really people need to get it through their thick skulls that it's far better to buy a bag thats under than one thats been ruined by having something added to it. Honestly I'd rather buy a 2 gram 8th thats normal than a 3.5 thats been sprayed, it tastes horribly bitter and seems to be less than half the strength it should be.

Really though its government policy thats to blame, somehow the police are doing me a favour removing decent suppliers and replacing them with inferior ones that sell weed with very very harmful additives in it, a batch a while ago gave one of my friends bronchitis.

Ah well all I can really say is be thankful if you have a good supplier, many of my friends have gone to uni and had even worse weed than this current crap that's going about in my area.

Sub I think your spot on here, assuming I can get hooked up with a decent dealer I will start buying by the ounce to avoid bad weed. As long as I don't smoke it all within a day or two it's probably the best option.

InvisibleIndividual
Bass Addict
Male User Gallery

Loc: Reality Loophole
    #7638783 - 11/15/07 09:38 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Usually the ones who fuck with the weed are the ones are the ones who distribute it to the larger market. Around here when such sugary/glassy weed pops up somewhere it's usually everywhere around. Luckily I have few independent dealers from whom I can always get some good dank.

--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Loc: NJ-NY area
Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: Individual]
    #7639210 - 11/15/07 11:15 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I've been smoking weed for around six years and i've never bought anything thats been sprayed or adulterated. I really don't understand how some people have this problem, you must be buying from some extremely shady people.

Even when i had just started smoking and only knew of one or two people to buy from i would always get straight weed, never sprayed or adulterated. It would be of average quality but i would know im just smoking weed.

Only time i've smoked weed that had anything else in it is when we roll up woobangers with some yak sprinkled on top.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: opensaysme]
    #7639227 - 11/15/07 11:18 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

its a UK thing man, luckily not in the Usa yet

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #7639260 - 11/15/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

You must live in the uk.

What you don't understand opensaysme, is that there is a severe shortage of bud over here. 90% of our crops are homegrown, and the pigs have clamped down HARD on it.

This Forces dealers to import. Importing means increased risk, and less bud as well, forcing them to spray with either that sillica shit, sugar water, some other scatty shit that makes the bud hard, and that weird dusty stuff to make up weight. You'd be surprised at how much weight it adds as well.. you can easily get an extra bar (9oz) from a kg by adding that shit.. which is at minimum an extra £900.

Very very occasionally there is nice bud around, that has no shit on it.

What you americans don't appreciate is the fact that we are an island. We import practically everything... Petrol prices here are £1.03 ($2) a LITER (and there are about 5 liters to a gallon).

Unfortunately, the island economics suck... However, I could live like a king anywhere else in the world :laugh:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: Cepheus]
    #7639279 - 11/15/07 11:26 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well i fell bad for you UK folks for sure then.... Come visit me over the pond and we'll smoke up a mercy spliff to make evrything irie.

OfflineMorphMan
δSλ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
    #7639293 - 11/15/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Haha there is closer to 4 liters in a gallon. 3.8 to be exact.

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: MorphMan]
    #7639340 - 11/15/07 11:38 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Depends on your definition of a gallon..

1 Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 liters
1 US gallon = 3.7854118 liters

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

Offlineopensaysme
Be Here Now
Male User Gallery

#7639386 - 11/15/07 11:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

No star wars measurements on this board

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sprayed weed? [Re: opensaysme]
    #7639414 - 11/15/07 11:52 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Don't you use inches and feet as opposed to centimeters and meters? :smirk:

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

InvisibleEll Ess Bree
reppin state tostate, wat uneed?

#7639450 - 11/15/07 12:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, bobty, what area are you rollin' around in? 'Cause I think same shit is going on around here. Last week shit REEKED of salt, but had no salt on the weed or in the bag. I've seen salted weed before, and you can't miss the shit all over the green and in the bag. An innovative idea to make weight, but a stupid one because no one can miss salt in the bag.

This week it smells like bleach. What the fuck gives?

But yea, approximately where about is this happening to you? If it's anywhere near me I'm gonna fuckin' kill someone.

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

#7639509 - 11/15/07 12:15 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This problems been the same for over a year now.

Check this thread
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6293006/an/0/page/1

Its not just glass beads now as theyve been trying to get a little clever with the old "grit test" (putting it between teeth to check it its crunches) by using corn flour, as well as sugar, sand and brix.

The thing you have to remember is that with most of these methods (apart from sand/grit) is that whatever is being put on the skunk has to be water soluble to spray it on. This means it is possible to clean it.

Ive found if you get a glass of warm water, crumble the contaminated weed into a tea strainer and let it soak, squeezing it together every now and then. Youll see a gloupy syrup fall to the botton of the glass. Depenending how badly contaminated, it might need a couple of washes. The finished puff isnt amazing but is a tenfold improvement and definitely gets you stoned unlike the contaminated stuff.

Alternatively smoke weed/hash?!

n.b. I spoke to someone quite high up in the chain, and we have to
come to terms with the fact that this isnt going to stop
anytime soon.
The person I spoke to also informed me of contaminated coke
doing the rounds, of which is cut with a form of wax to REALLY
bulk it out. Youll know it when you get it because after your
first bump you nose completely blocks up.

All in all were fucked right now, contaminated skunk, contaminated coke, pills that arent mdma but bzp, and the supposed new craze of molly being washed with MA (supposedly in the last wash - I cant confirm this, however was told by the same source whom knows his stuff, so who knows)

In reality what is needed is a list of people nocking this shit out so that they can be dealt with appropriately, whos with me? P.S. IM DEADLY SERIOUS!!

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #7639674 - 11/15/07 01:00 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hampshire.

I don't smoke anything these days unless it passes my rigorous quality testing :grin:

I won't even buy it if it has shit on it :shrug:

--------------------

Free Spore Ring Europe

Addicting is not a word.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck