Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
So The Cops Brought Out The Dogs At Work. * 1
    #7625056 - 11/12/07 10:16 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I work at a pretty big international airport for a package handling service. Its not a huge operation, but we run a couple of DC-8's and a 727 every night as well as a huge number of smaller cargo airplanes, so its a relatively high-security area. Despite this, I've never seen any kind of drug or explosives dog before.

So I'm sitting in the hangar on Friday night waiting for some planes to come in, and I see a TSA guy come walking in the hangar door with his uniform on and a big dumb looking German Shepherd walking next to him. I immediately became nervous. I quit smoking a week ago, but all my jackets and gear probably smell strongly of pot. Plus, there is usually herb for selling in my backpack, which was sitting in the break-room in the middle of the hangar. (!)

So this guy is just wandering, letting his dog lead him to where it wants to go. The stupid fucking thing walks under a big piece of equipment and puts his two paws right up on the belt that I'm sitting on and looks at me. HOLY SHIT. I was scared to death. I thought I was for sure getting fired, and possibly going to jail.

Then I hear this security guy walking up to me yelling for his dog "Carlos! Carlos, C'mere!"

The dog didn't listen, but did jump down and start looking around some other equipment. I was greatly relieved, and when is owner walked up shaking his head and laughing, I started talking to him about how his dog was beautiful and all this...

It turns out he is the explosives searching dog! But he's TERRIBLE at his job. Apparently Carlos the untrainable sniffing dog. He was originally a Marine Corps bomb-sniffing dog they were going to send to Iraq to look for IEDs. But he has a penchant for running off wherever he wants to go, and wont respond to "Come" or "Here, Boy" or any of that dog-training nonsense. The Corps, in their infinite wisdom, decided that perhaps Baghdad was not the best place for a dog that doesn't follow orders, so they gave him to the TSA to be a bomb-screener here.

So it turned out that instead of thinking I smelled like the dank herb, Carlos just thought I would be willing to let him hide out from doing his job for awhile. His handler was a very cool guy, and seem resigned to the fact that his job was more or less impossible with an un-cooperative partner. He said that he wasn't sure about Carlos, but that he was either the smartest dog in the world, or the stupidest. He did get himself out of going to Iraq, but only by acting as dumb as a box of rocks...

I dont know whether to think this is all hilarious or be greatly alarmed at the apparent lack of security here. But really, nobody wants to bomb this place, I'm sure.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCheezit
Feel like aStranger

Re: So The Cops Brought Out The Dogs At Work. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7625081 - 11/12/07 10:23 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

:snowman::cool:

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#7625126 - 11/12/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Haha, great story. I always wondered what working at the airport would be like.

And if you work at the airport I think you do, someone bombing it doesn't seem too out of the question. Perhaps they should use dogs that aren't retarded?

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: So The Cops Brought Out The Dogs At Work. [Re: Gumby]
    #7625159 - 11/12/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They did have a bomb scare here a few months ago.

It turns out it was some kind of bomb-making apparatus stuck into a cheese block.

Only in Wisconsin....

Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/24/tsa.incidents/

The bulletin also details a case from June in which a passenger in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, had a carry-on bag with items resembling IED components, such as a wire coil wrapped around a possible initiator, an electrical switch, batteries, three tubes and two blocks of cheese.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#7625208 - 11/12/07 11:09 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Err, I thought you lived in Jersey.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: So The Cops Brought Out The Dogs At Work. [Re: Gumby]
    #7625256 - 11/12/07 11:19 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Isn't Jersey pretty much a disaster area now?

What harm could a bomb cause?

--------------------

OfflineNcast420
Regular hippy
Male
    #24867051 - 12/25/17 03:02 AM (6 years, 3 months ago)

I would have shit my pants lol I had a friends dog cause our house to get raided once that was pretty cool

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order