Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomsam
Teh Psilly Chef
Male

Loc: near california....
Mushy id please (56k beware)
    #7623622 - 11/11/07 09:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

These are pics of some mushrooms I found today. They were growing in leaf litter, around oak trees. the spore print is white, the gills are white, not attached to the stem. the caps were slightly sticky, and all have the spots (fluccose iirc?). They grew in very loose groups, usually spread out by 3-5 feet, and no more than 5 at a time were found in these groups. They were found in california, elevation 2250ft. I think they are some sort of amanita, maybe Gemmata? anyway, enough talking, here are the pics. (sorry about the quality) Thanks for any help guys.
mushy #1

Mushies #2, and 3

Edited by shroomsam (11/11/07 09:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePinheadX
Stranger thanyou
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
Re: Mushy id please [Re: shroomsam]
    #7623681 - 11/11/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Probably an Amanita - not sure what they are, and recommend you don't eat them. Even with a proper ID, I am very reluctant to ingest any amanita, and can't recommend anyone else try it either.

You should use the image tag link in photobucket to post the pics. Just click the code beside the img tag thingy and paste it as is into your post.

--------------------
If you want to find psilocybin in species that are not yet known to be psychoactive, you should do chemical tests. That way you won't get sick and die all the time.
- Alan Rockefeller

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
- Philip K. Dick

Offlineshroomsam
Teh Psilly Chef
Male

Re: Mushy id please [Re: PinheadX]
    #7623728 - 11/11/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

hahaha, didnt realize I clicked the wrong link to paste. I'll fix that.

Offlineshroomsam
Teh Psilly Chef
Male

#7623950 - 11/11/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Any more opinions? Do I need to include any more info?

Offlineshroomsam
Teh Psilly Chef
Male

#7624352 - 11/12/07 01:32 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well hmm. Ive posted this up on a few different forums, some of you may recognize me from another forum by my pic. I have to the best of my knowledge, and those that I have asked personally(that are avid mushroom hunters), that these are indeed Amanita var. Gemmata, aka the gemmed amanita. Im in the process of drying them out, and I will be picking the rest that I found in the morning. I will be trying a piece of a cap tomorrow to see how it affects me(a quarter of the smaller cap that I posted). I will keep you all informed of how it goes. And let it be clear to all(especially those who seem to hate amanitas), I HAVE done my research. I HAVE looked at all the various types of amanita. I HAVE spoken directly to professional mycologists. I HAVE spoken to avid mushroom hunters. They all agree that these are Amanita Gemmata, and they are psychoactive. So I am fairly confident in assuming that this will be an alright venture. As stated earlier, I will keep all here informed of what happens, and I still welcome any input I can scrounge up here. But please, if your post is going to be an "i dont know what it is, but dont comsume amanitas" type, dont post it. I am positive it will have no effect on my outlook. Thanks to all here, I respect all opinions that were offered. I may be a newbie as far as posting goes, but as far as going through this site, and this forum, Ive been ghosting for years. so thanks to all, and we shall see how it goes. Good night all!

Offlinetyler_0_durden
Stranger

#7624493 - 11/12/07 03:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

anything that looks like a destorying angel and has a white spore print I would never eat. That single shroom just LOOKS deadly.

--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

OfflineDeity208
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1,762
Re: Mushy id please [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #7624719 - 11/12/07 07:31 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Why would you fuck with that?

--------------------
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus.
All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the
octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV.
But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.
Also he got a race car.
Is any of this getting through to you?

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushy id please [Re: Deity208]
    #7624909 - 11/12/07 09:21 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well you don´t look like an avid amanita eater , be carefull man your mushrooms resemble more pantherina to me, not gemmnata. the volva look like a cup not like in pantherina, or muscaria variant,
i prefert to stay in the red varietys of muscaria, but hell if you don´t like an opinion to not eat it will love to see the result , to tell science that mushrooms are edible, or active, i guees you are one of the firsts that try that mushrooms not very good idea if ask me i just don´t like you to have a bad day or die.

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Edited by cactu (11/12/07 09:24 AM)

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
    #7625245 - 11/12/07 11:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Did you check the spores with an iodine solution? This can be very helpful in sorting out certain species within the genus.
Good luck.

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushy id please (56k beware) [Re: shroomsam]
    #7625949 - 11/12/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Those are definitely Amanitas, but species is not going to be possible just with photos like those. Those have that tan sort of cap color that puts them into the group where there are still a bunch of as yet undescribed species in North America. Without using a microscope identification to species will be little better than guessing at mushrooms that look similar to those.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineDishez
Swamp Crawler

Re: Mushy id please (56k beware) [Re: shroomsam]
    #7626276 - 11/12/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think that the collective concern of those of us who have replied to this post isnt really regarding whether or not it is a good idea to eat amanitas...but whether or not it is a good idea to eat the amanitas that you've found. You cant tell if the veil remnants are missing because they fell of in a few of those shots, or if they were never there. I think a better shot of the base of each mushroom would help too, as certain amanitas can get closer to becoming ID'd via concentric rings. Im not so sure any of us are challenging the info youve gathered...its just that we'd all rather err on the side of safety when it comes to consumption. Im looking forward to your report-ill be very glad if we hear that your ID was correct.

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushy id please (56k beware) [Re: Dishez]
    #7626710 - 11/12/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

The Amanita is the forbidden fruit described in Genesis. It serves a different purpose than that of the Psilocybe which is to awaken the Third-Eye.

Anyway, I believe most peoples negative experience regarding the Amanita is because the lack of doing expansive research before consumption. There are many of ways to activate the Amanita (heating methods), however the key is through one's own fountain aka. traditional use.

If your afraid of your own body, then I'd suggest the Lemon Method with the Amanita. Specifically in a tea; Grind up the Amanita to a fine powder into a Tea Cup. Squeeze half a lemon and half a lime onto the powder. Let the alkaloids absorb for about 60 seconds. Add sugar (I recommend using a balance between Brown and White), some honey, and boiling water.

Now you have the "Amanita Experience" you asked for.

Please make sure you're home or in a comfortable surrounding if you try this. Also having some background with meditation will help. Besides that some relaxing music similar to Reiki healing or Kelly Howell and you're golden.

Also if you have great control of your mind, body, and soul trying this method using Amanita Pantherina will bring one into a pan-dimensional state, experiencing the power of your inner God.

Not: I don't recommend trying this unless you try the tea method with regular Amanita Muscaria multiple times to gain experience.

In spite of the "Entheogenic affect" of the Amanita. I still believe it is supposed to be used as a daily additive. Enhance the flavor of foods, salads, meat and pasta dishes etc. etc. etc. Look at how the Italians and Japanese have used this mushroom traditionally in their cooking.

Besides they taste great when cooked properly, and offer a slight increase in vigor.

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (11/12/07 05:11 PM)

Invisiblescout24
Hallelujah!
 User Gallery

Loc: Disappear Here
Re: Mushy id please (56k beware) [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #7626968 - 11/12/07 05:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

This is not the psychedelic experience forum.

To the OP: your idea of taking a small amount of the cap to test its effects is not a good one. The toxins in Amanita can take weeks to manifest - in the meantime they may irreperably damage your body.

You said you did the necessary research, but I think you need to do more.

--------------------
Always
Be
Closing

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Mushy id please (56k beware) [Re: scout24]
    #7627946 - 11/12/07 09:04 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think there is an 80% chance that the pictured mushroom falls into the Amanita gemmata category. It might be a little psychoactive, but it is much more likely to make you sick or tired.

The cup like volva is typical for Amanita gemmata, and is much too close to the cup like volva of the death cap for comfort.

Here are some pictures of an Amanita gemmata I found today:

http://mushroomobserver.org/4865

I ate this Amanita 20 minutes ago:

http://mushroomobserver.org/4867

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom