Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
gray mold? can they be saved?
    #7622429 - 11/11/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

so all 10 of my pesa cakes have got this thick white matting on them. i dont think its mycelium. some of it started to turn gray. so i took all of them out of my pmp and gave them all a spray with H2o2 and put them together in their own FC.

do you guys think this is cobweb?

is this good enough isolation? if they aRE contamed can the spores get out of the shotgun fc and somehow make it into my other fc's and contam my other work? there are mushrooms on them.

lastly could this be from a contaminated print? because none of my redboys are contaminated and i innoc'd them the same day in the same glovebox?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: gray mold? can they be saved? [Re: blood4blood]
    #7624627 - 11/12/07 06:31 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

If they're contaminating during first flush, it's almost certain the contaminant spores were introduced at inoculation. A fully colonized cake is resistant to being completely taken over like that.

A more likely vector for the contaminant spores to spread is by sticking to you, and then you carry them between the fruiting chambers.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibleblood4blood
Calmer Than You Are

Loc: The Valley
Re: gray mold? can they be saved? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7628534 - 11/12/07 11:54 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

what kind of mold is this?

i seem to get it alot where it starts out as this thick white matting and then turns gray...

do you think the fc's need to disenfected? i still have cakes in them but i threw away all the ones that looked like they were contaminated.

i lysoled the whole house and washed all my clothes and myself and sprayed a bunch of lysol on my furnace filter and ran the fan for 15 mins or so. do you know of any other precautions that i should take. just losing all this shit to a contam sucks and i wont to make sure my house is clear of it before i start again.

thanks

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: gray mold? can they be saved? [Re: blood4blood]
    #7629123 - 11/13/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

One thing that's very important is to make sure you shut your furnace or AC off before doing any sterile work. The last thing you want is a fan pushing air through nasty ductwork.

That looks like trichoderma.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale