Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLethalX5
Male

Costs of a martha
    #7606106 - 11/07/07 09:41 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

For all you martha owners out there i was just wondering how much they cost you to make? (on average)

ty

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Costs of a martha [Re: LethalX5]
    #7606176 - 11/07/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, before you go that route look on ebay for a vendor named neptuneinc2004 selling a product named "4-Tier Mini Portable GREENHOUSE". I'm not going to link you directly because ebay actions change so fast but they've been selling this product for a while now but for less than $27.00 USD (including shipping) there's really not a better product out there.

I'd also recommend going to the hardware store and buying a "washing machine drip-tray" to place it on. They're large enough to fit either this greenhouse or a martha (should you go that route) and they're absolutely the best way I've found to prevent condensation from escaping your greenhouse and causing problems. They're typically between $15-20 USD depending on their markup...

You'll also want a analogue hygrometer with a calibration screw. Shouldn't cost you more than $10 USD and can be found online or at any local cigar shop. Digital hygrometers are bunk for our purposes because of their innate inaccuracies and the inability to calibrate them to be accurate.

As for the rest of the cost, it's really up to you how far you want to take automating, etc. You could stop there and just do manual misting and fanning or you can spend another $30-1300 on making it more hands free...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Costs of a martha [Re: mycocurious]
    #7606303 - 11/07/07 10:34 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

what he said...

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineSuperPuma
Automation Nut
 User Gallery

Re: Costs of a martha [Re: Slimz]
    #7606918 - 11/07/07 01:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Mycocurious, thank you! I've gone to target, kmart, walmart, & home depot looking for a flat plastic bin to drop my green house into.

What store exactly, and in what section did you find your bin?

Humidity Measurement: I've gone with $20 mason's hygrometers, $3 analog humidor hygrometers (calibrate with wet salt), and $90 Digital Psychrometers; they're all equally accurate for what our purposes are.

Humidity+Fae: You can go with a cool mist inside constantly on ($30 tops), depending on how much you're doing inside, you may need to supplement with an ultrasonic, or misting, so costs vary.

There's about a million different ways to provide FAE.

I'm in the process of building an agar/mycocurious blower barrel myself, but thats a whole other can of financial beans.

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Costs of a martha [Re: SuperPuma]
    #7606944 - 11/07/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

SuperPuma said:
Mycocurious, thank you! I've gone to target, kmart, walmart, & home depot looking for a flat plastic bin to drop my green house into.

What store exactly, and in what section did you find your bin?

Home Depot and Lowes both carry them in their large appliance section, just ask one of the people working the area and they'll direct them to you. They're the most out of the way, not on display item I've ever seen them carry...

As for a "Washing Machine Drip Tray"...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale