Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineBoots
Disenchanted
Male

Loc: Northwood, Ohio, U.S.A.
Transitional Periods
    #7598545 - 11/05/07 01:34 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's really weird. They say the first couple of years after one graduates is a 'transitional period'. This is true in more ways than one. Sure, there's the transition into college (should one choose to go), into marriage (for those who choose to do so), or any of the many career fields that are available. But there's also a very personal transition I have become aware of. It involves the transition of social cliques, the transition of dogmas (self-imposed or otherwise), and more specifically, the transition of philosophy.

Between the ages of 15 and 18, I slowly shifted away from the Judeo-Christian belief system, adopting Buddhist beliefs and certain nihilistic viewpoints alongside pre-existing beliefs. And then, from 17-18, I became immersed in nihilism, specifically the philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche influenced me. But I never referred to myself as a 'Nihilist', moreover it was that if I had to subscribe to a philosophy, it would be nihilism.

Also, ironically during this time, I became more of an extrovert, as opposed to my former introverted self. Due to this, I became much more well-liked, talking to girls came easier, and the number of people that disliked me diminished.

Those were the first transitions. I grew up conditioned a certain way and finally broke through to another side. The next transition was by far the most tragic and could not have happened in whole (if you've read my last trip report, you'll know what I mean) without the help of psychedelic mushrooms and cannabis.

I realized how uncertain reality was, not only that but the definition of the word itself changed from person to person. And it's not the only reality; anyone who's tried psychedelics can tell you just how fragile and 'imaginary' reality is. The realization that 'everything is nothing' was one that came to me through studying nihilism. But also, one must realize that after all current values have been dismantled, the rebuilding comes. Create your own morals and your own values, bow to nobody and become your own God. Perhaps, I am a weak person, but this latest transition is too confusing and painful and it almost makes me want to become 'normal' again and assimilate back into the culture I receded from in the first place.

Yea, anyways, just needed to get that off my chest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: Transitional Periods [Re: Boots]
    #7598579 - 11/05/07 01:43 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

but this latest transition is too confusing and painful and it almost makes me want to become 'normal' again and assimilate back into the culture I receded from in the first place.

I don't want to "jinx" you or anything, but if this is what you desire it will probably happen, you will probably fall back asleep. I speak from experience on this. Be braver than I was and become your own God, and you will be a conscious tool for the evolution of the Universe.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7598669 - 11/05/07 02:19 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, honestly, we exist in a state of constant transition. :wink:

Of course, aspects of our living situation and who we are do change in these transitional periods, as that which we relate with in our environment changes, especially changes like where we live, who we interact with, and how we work to support our continued existance, which would all seem to lie dependent upon each other. :hehehe: Perhaps the transition of philosophy that you refer to comes as a result of these changes, as well, of course, as influencing these changes... All sorts of aspects of who we are and how reality unfolds all interacting simultaneously, changing everything in the process... :mushroom2:

:yawn: Sorry, it had everything to do with tired I am physically and nothing to do about the subject matter. :lol:

Anyways, where was I... :strokebeard:

I identify with your post, very much. You have me reflecting on some of the notable transitions in my life, which, in turn, gets me remembering all of the less pivotal ones that link it all together. Its too much for me to convey in this thread, especially since I'm so tired. :wink:

I'm presently sitting in an interesting transitional period. I wouldn't call it purgatory, but it might come close to describing where I'm at right now. :banghead:
I'm living in a scaled-down version of my past, simply due to the consequences of my actions in the past. My financial situation prevents me from making the transition into living and being with my soulmate, lacking a proper, impersonal term, due to what I owe from fiscal habits capable of providing a comfortable present but not sustaining a transition into the future. :lol: The transition from that into this present one itself, which is mostly similar (same job :mad:), was pretty narrow, but fraught with lessons on reality.

It is bearable because we find ourselves becoming more and more connected regardless, with experiences bordering on telepathy. :heartpump: It feels like I'm here, right now, resolving the past and integrating all of my experiences, in order to be uninhibited in the future, fully embracing the divinity of being one. :yinyang: I feel it, more and more, permeating my present experience. :smile: It certainly is an exercise in patience, accepting the nature of reality in the present while living in accordance, both with it, and with the ideal of who we truly are, how it will be when we are together in every way. :yesnod:

The :yawn: has caught up to me, not to mention the speak of the devil. :smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#7598689 - 11/05/07 02:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I think redgreenvines's signature has a lot to say about the topic at hand.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom