Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Loc: Flag
Chest Pains
    #7583197 - 11/01/07 08:29 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Does anyone else here get chest pains that hurt so damn bad you can't get a breath in? I do I'm only 22 I went to the doctor for it in high school junior or senior year the only thing they could find was something wrong with My heart that they thought could be causing the pains but weren't for sure just curious to see if anyone else here gets the same.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Chest Pains [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #7583229 - 11/01/07 08:55 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Chest pains can be really bad, I'd get yourself to a doctor, now.

When do you get the chest pains? Where exactly are they in your chest? Does the pain ever move down to your left arm?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineroyer
±±±±±±±±±±

Loc: anywhere but here
Re: Chest Pains [Re: trendal]
    #7583233 - 11/01/07 08:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yep i had bad chect pains, i had a hard time breathing and it hurt!!

then i quit smoking and it slowly went away

--------------------
=================================================
if you have any questions please feel free to pm me , thx :-)

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Re: Chest Pains [Re: trendal]
    #7583236 - 11/01/07 08:58 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It never goes to my arm just mostly the left side of my chest sometimes it's through out all of my chest. I've been getting them for 7 years that I can remember.

--------------------

InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male

Re: Chest Pains [Re: royer]
    #7583239 - 11/01/07 08:59 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

royer9864 said:
yep i had bad chect pains, i had a hard time breathing and it hurt!!

then i quit smoking and it slowly went away

I just smoke weed not ciggs

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#7583280 - 11/01/07 09:16 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'd still go to the doctor every 5 years or so and have a cardiac checkup (that goes for you too, royer9864). Even if it costs you money from your pocket...is it worth it to gamble with your life?

Most heart conditions are all but completely devoid of real symptoms (by "real" I mean ones you will notice) right until it's already too late. Woops...need a new heart or you'll die (and living with the new one ain't no picnic).

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #7583283 - 11/01/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

well any burned plant material can cause this , just not cigs. it doesnt even depend on how much you smoke or how you smoke it, ive got chronic obstructive airway disease (COAD) wwith extreme chest pains wehn i was 26 and I was hardly smoking cigs. i did smoke a bunch of weed in large bongs and joints every day, i smoke weed still but i smoke smaller joints and in vaporizer and not so often. Chest pains can be so many things, everything from deficiency in an enzyme , goblet cells to anything really, get a proper check up, let no doctor tell you its nothing until they can explain what causes the pain because if they cant they simply do now know, try another doctor.

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7583296 - 11/01/07 09:22 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

UnholyChild666 said:
Does anyone else here get chest pains that hurt so damn bad you can't get a breath in? I do I'm only 22 I went to the doctor for it in high school junior or senior year the only thing they could find was something wrong with My heart that they thought could be causing the pains but weren't for sure just curious to see if anyone else here gets the same.

weird. I went to the doctor my freshman or sophomore year of hs for chest pains; pain occurring at least a few times a day, it would feel like my ribs were poking through my skin and especially around my heart when I would breathe in. this was before I started smoking.

they did all the tests on my heart and blood test. came back with a click murmur (not terribly serious) and a diagnosis of a mis-connective tissue disorder similar to marfan's. I didn't really believe them and still don't much today, but I have noticed a lot of weird things my body has done in the last six years as far as bone/muscle movements which are related to the disease.

but they still couldn't explain the chest pain (even had x-rays done, but the breathing problem didn't occur while I was being x-rayed...and those things are expensive so it's not like we could wait there all day)

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#7583343 - 11/01/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I have chest pains.. and had a confirmed heart attack at age 30. I'm on a stack of heart pills nowadays and this helps keep most of it at bay.

Nothing gave me angina pectoris attacks like weed did. Nothing.

Have your chest pains examined. Quit pot if you have to. Get in shape. You really don't want a heart attack and pharms for the rest of your life.

I'm allergic to one of my pills so I'm on an antihistaminic forever. My heart pills make me retain fluids so I have to have a diuretic drug which for four hours every single day has me running to the toilet every few minutes. Because of the enhanced fluid excretion I have to take three potassium pills.

Either I'm full of water or dehydrated. Either I have blurred vision from the antihistaminic or I break out in a rash. Every once in a while I go hypokalemic and I have retching and feeling really ill with palpitations. Forget pill A and pill B will keep me awake all night. Once a year or so I'm at the ER for a this or that, typically in the middle of the night. I have built a fucking routine of having an IV port in my arm. :mad2: The ER gives me a comforting feeling of safety.

Last night I had occasional chest pains. Whenever I relaxed enough to slip into sleep my heart skipped a beat and I was frozen up with fear. What do you fucking do? Go to the ER for a false alarm? Die in your sleep? Shit kept me up to 7:30 in the morning. I took an extra sustained release nitro tablet and chewed a benzo and lay down to sleep. Today my whole body feels a bit swollen by the nitro side effects. Hey, I lived to see November 1 didn't I?

It's a fucking nightmare :sad:

So don't do what I did and just keep on smoking pot with chestpains. Get the facts.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Chest Pains [Re: Asante]
    #7583371 - 11/01/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Wiccan, did your docs explain why?

I can't imagine why marijuana would cause angina... Usually its narrowed arteries from a combination of plaque and perhaps nicotine (vascoconstrictor) but maybe the CO in the smoke reduces the oxygenated blood flow through your allready stenosed arteries to the point you develop angina? Weird..

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#7583378 - 11/01/07 09:45 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Get a Electrocardiogram at least once a year if you have been diagnosed with a heart condition

Problems in the conductive tissue of the heart can cause fibrilations which can be hard to detect if you are not having a ECG at the time it is happening. Fibrilations can cause chest pain.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Chest Pains [Re: johnm214]
    #7583420 - 11/01/07 09:55 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Get a Electrocardiogram at least once a year if you have been diagnosed with a heart condition

Oh I am. I love to be hooked up, it gives a reassuring feeling.

Quote:

I can't imagine why marijuana would cause angina...

Marijuana raises cardiac oxygen demand. If demand beats supply: bam, you have angina chest pains. People get angina from pot all the time, it's relatively common. THC is a drug that increases the likelyness of angina attacks.

Pot gives people heart attacks and strokes too. If you objectively look in the medical literature it's full of descriptions of particular cases and mechanisms. "Pot is harmless" was nice in the 1970s but now we know better.

Click.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (11/01/07 09:59 AM)

OfflineNibin
Getting there
Male User Gallery

#7583424 - 11/01/07 09:57 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Didn't mean you Wikkan_Seeker, it is obvious you are taking care of yourself properly. I meant the OP and Domius

He should get an ECG yearly.

--------------------
Newcomers guide-----> For all things shroomy

Edited by Nibin (11/01/07 09:58 AM)

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #7583444 - 11/01/07 10:06 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Quote:

Oh I am. I love to be hooked up, it gives a reassuring feeling.

Quote:

I can't imagine why marijuana would cause angina...

Marijuana raises cardiac oxygen demand. If demand beats supply: bam, you have angina chest pains. People get angina from pot all the time, it's relatively common. THC is a drug that increases the likelyness of angina attacks.

Pot gives people heart attacks and strokes too. If you objectively look in the medical literature it's full of descriptions of particular cases and mechanisms. "Pot is harmless" was nice in the 1970s but now we know better.

Click.

that's really odd, because I started smoking 2-3 years later (cannabis) and it began to occur less. Now that I smoke on a usual daily basis, I might have the pains only a handful of times a year as opposed to almost daily. I also exercised a lot back then, running around the woods, bike riding, roller blading, then into unloading trucks at the grocery store. I workout now, though, and ride my bicycle almost everywhere.

I wanted to add that the pains have come back more frequently in times when I have taken one month+ breaks from smoking cannabis

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: Chest Pains [Re: demiu5]
    #7583459 - 11/01/07 10:12 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Pot effects everyone differently, and I think that goes for the cardio effects as well. It seems logical that if a person was getting worked up and nervous all the time on pot, they would run into more of the cardio side of things than if they were relaxed all the time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale