Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesandhop
Stranger
1st trip...chilly outside...ideas?
    #7568978 - 10/28/07 07:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Deffinitely tripping for the first time some time this week with 1 or two close buddies. It's starting to get cold outside (50's, sometimes 40's at night) and im wondering if there's any cool outdoor activities this type of year? would the temperature make the experience uncomfortable?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: sandhop]
    #7568989 - 10/28/07 07:28 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I'd think so. all the times I've tripped, my temperature seems to lower, so if its slightly cold it'll irrate you. but it really shouldn't be much of a problem if you're bundled up.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7569108 - 10/28/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Dress well... wear layers. Go for a fall hike.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinemilkman
DeliveringWorldWide
Male User Gallery

Loc: tha FLA
Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7569154 - 10/28/07 08:48 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

first time i triped i was in my car with the ac cranked i didnt do it but it made me love the trip haha i love cooler weather but i dont get much of it here

Offlineskunkape
earth bound

Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: milkman]
    #7569275 - 10/28/07 09:47 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #7569281 - 10/28/07 09:51 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i think as long as you dress appropriately.. warmly.. everything will be fine :smile: have fun out in the wilderness!

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineCyrone
That guy
Male User Gallery

Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: Locus]
    #7569388 - 10/28/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

To be honest, I'd rather just trip inside if I were you. Not necessarily in your house but some large indoor building with few people. Can't stand the cold.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#7569418 - 10/28/07 11:00 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It depends on the substance. With mushrooms, as with most psychedelics, I become incredibly sensitive to physical sensations. If I'm the slightest bit cold, it will terrorise me to no end. In contrast, on acid I turn into Rambo and can walk around soaking wet and freezing cold with a big grin on my face for hours, not caring.

In general, though, I'd avise you find a nice indoor location to trip in. If you feel like going outside during the trip, you can always do it- you're prepared either way.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineNess1
Spreading myinvisible wings
Male

Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #7569526 - 10/28/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

As EllisDSox said, you'll probably be very sensitive to physical sensations, but that doesn't mean you won't like the cold. I've had trips where it's been cold and I loved it and stayed outside awhile and I've had trips where it was cold and I literally could not stay outside long enough to smoke a cig.

--------------------
I know what they'll find, it's in their mind, it's what they want to see. Spare me from the light, here comes the night and here I'll stay, waiting for darkness.

Offlinesomebody041
bud tester
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: skunkape]
    #7569738 - 10/28/07 02:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skunkape said:

excellent idea! a big group of us were tripping and decided to go make a huge fire... it blew my mind

OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: somebody041]
    #7570565 - 10/28/07 06:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Fires are weird.Ill get visuals off everything exept the fire.The fire is like a bit of reality.I always get cold when I trip,unless its middle of summer.It was 70 degrees out,and I ended up spending like 10 minutes bundling up I came out and everyone busted out laughing.There were all in shorts,I came out in a jacket with a poncho over it a beanie and long pants with boots on.I felt great but looked a little funny.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

Offlinehaymaker
Mr Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: United Kingdom Flag
Re: 1st trip...chilly outside...ideas? [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #7573963 - 10/29/07 06:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JazzCatCF said:
Fires are weird.Ill get visuals off everything exept the fire.The fire is like a bit of reality.I always get cold when I trip,unless its middle of summer.It was 70 degrees out,and I ended up spending like 10 minutes bundling up I came out and everyone busted out laughing.There were all in shorts,I came out in a jacket with a poncho over it a beanie and long pants with boots on.I felt great but looked a little funny.

that made me laugh a fair bit :smile:

--------------------
"Make hay while the sun shines"
My Trade List

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract