Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineReefbreak
Stranger
a few questions in no particular order...
    #7566137 - 10/27/07 09:15 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

This is my first post, I have many questions, please bear with me...

Before my first crop flushed I got some "street" shrooms from a friend. In order to avoid stomach distress I decided to brew tea with them. I am going for a mild less than recreational experience because i am using them medicinally.

The tea worked great; laughing, slight color enhancement, just a mellow fun buzz. And the medicinal effect was nothing short of miraculous.

My first casing flush was about 100 grams wet, I dried them and stored them. When I made tea from 1.5 grams dry of my crop it turned blue. The previous tea made from the street shrooms was just a light brown tea color. My crop tea was only about half as potent as the street stuff.

I am wondering if the bluing, which i know is the reaction of the Ps to O2, is an indication that the Ps is deteriorating its potency?

Back the the casing... I harvested over about 2 weeks the 100 grams. When it seemed to be done I added a casing layer of 1/5 inch or so and returned it to the incubator at 86 degrees for about a week. I checked it and patched it during that time and returned it to the fruiting chamber (low 70s degrees and near 100% humidity). The 2nd flush has been very weak so far producing only about 6 tiny fruit after 2 weeks. Have I done something obviously wrong?

So the questions for this post are:

Is the Ps losing its potency turning the tea blue?

Have I made a mistake in my attempt to get a 2nd flush from my casing?

I will post some pictures when i firgur out how.....

Thanks for your time. I will continue to experiment, but I am stabbing in the dark, so to speak, looking for a tek that works for me.
Reef

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: a few questions in no particular order... [Re: Reefbreak]
    #7566161 - 10/27/07 09:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome bro!this is a great community.On your 2nd flush you should only patch,not add a tottaly new casing layer.and you either want to mist casing layer till glistening,or dunk it,The goal is to rehydrate.as far as tea ive only made tea once,and it turned blue as well.and was a bit milder than eating them.and potency just has to do with genetics some strong some weak,although I myself have never had a weak shroom,I might be a little more sensitive than most.Hope that helps.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix