Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechaosmagick
Stranger
preventing cobweb mold
    #7559576 - 10/25/07 02:57 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

sup guys,
I am looking for good ways to prevent cobweb mold on my BRF cakes(pf tech). I have heard about fresh air exchange. What is the best way to give my cakes fresh air exchange? Opening the lids every now and then outside? I have heard someone say to keep the lids on the jars loose. Are these ways safe and are there any others ways without letting my cakes get contams?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: chaosmagick]
    #7559618 - 10/25/07 03:05 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

yeah u just open and fan with the lid bro. up to 8 times a day for best results.

OfflineHappyHardcore
Shroomery Jester
Male User Gallery

Loc: All Over The World
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: jeetered]
    #7559707 - 10/25/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

That depends on if you're talking about your cakes in the jars or your cakes while in the fruiting chamber. If you're talking about your cakes while still in the jars, there is no need for FAE and by all means, DON'T take the lids off and fan them. Keep them in the jars with the bands on a little loose or tight, that just depends if you have filter holes (for gas exchange) or on your own desired method. You shouldn't get contams if you leave your jars a little loose...

FAE in your fruiting chamber is a little different. Get as much FAE in there as possible while still maintaining your humidity at proper levels and other conditions. If you can fan 10 times a day, great. If you can fan once every hour, even better. As long as you maintain the other conditions while doing this, you're fine. It all comes along with finding your own methods :smile:

--------------------
:bouncysmoke::juggle:

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: HappyHardcore]
    #7559805 - 10/25/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Getting plenty of FAE is very important, not only in helping to combat contams, but its a very important pinning trigger.

If u have plenty of FAE you shouldnt see cobweb and wont have to worry about fighting it.

If u do somehow get bitten by cobweb, misting it with h202 should help fight it. There is more detailed instructions on fighting cobweb

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Offlinechaosmagick
Stranger
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: veda_sticks]
    #7559922 - 10/25/07 04:46 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I had cobweb mold growing on my cakes after the 1st week of incubation. No contams other than that. My jar lids were kept loose and i still got cobweb on all of the cakes. Does anyone know any reasons why this would happen? Maybe my spores had contams?

Offlineand0rr
sync
Male

Loc: 541 Or
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: chaosmagick]
    #7560015 - 10/25/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Assuming you sterelized your cakes before you knocked 'em up (sure hope you did) then your contams are introduced at inoculation or are the result of poor filtration (vermiculite barrier/microspore tape).

Keeping the lids loose will not prevent cobweb contamination if that contaminant is introduced to the nutrients of the cake.
It's a sterile environment in the jars and by opening the lids before full colonization you destroy that.

--------------------
"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." -John Lennon

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: preventing cobweb mold [Re: and0rr]
    #7560031 - 10/25/07 05:22 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Once u have sterilised your jars, the lids should be tightened, there left loose at sterilisation as things expand when exposed to heat.

Cobweb is very uncomen in incubating jars, u are more likely to seee green mold.

Do your inoculations in a glove box and see if it improves.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract