Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Fruiting but not fruiting, with questions
    #7556155 - 10/24/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Okay last thursday night my casings finally had mycelium poke through all three casing trays. it wasnt alot poking through but enough to where i knew it was time to place into fruiting chamber...

so last thursday night i placed 3 trays into my two tier greenhouse. i placed them in there and the temp is anywhere between 65 - 73 degrees with humidity at 100%... i also placed my two small lights that are in the green house one light per tier so i have two lights there only like 8 watts a piece but there on a timer for 12/12 cycle... i just checked my casings and still no signs of pins ... should i start to worry????? am i doing something worng? should i be misting the casings??? if i should be misting what is the ratio for h202 water/hydrogen peroxide mixture? should i be misitng daily or twixe or more? thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Fruiting but not fruiting, with questions [Re: tony8404]
    #7556179 - 10/24/07 05:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing to be worried about yet. Give it more time.

Dont quote me on this, but for casings i dont think your humidity should be that high, 95-100% is ideal for cakes, but for casings i think this can saturate the casing layer.

Quote:

during pre-pinning/primordia formation you want to keep 92-95% rH..
after pinset drop back the rH to 85-89%...

Once pins form u can drop back the humidity and help prevent aborts.

Too high humidity can sometimes cause mycelium to start growing into the air, looks kinda cool though.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Fruiting but not fruiting, with questions [Re: tony8404]
    #7556192 - 10/24/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

try dramatically increasing the FAE (fresh air exchange) for a day or two, and if your working with casings you can dial back the humidity to 85% or so. If the casing layers are over saturated you'll get no pins until they dry out a little.

Coincidentally, you can kill two birds with one stone on this one. Just increase your FAE _until_ your humidity drops down to about 85% and stays there.

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Fruiting but not fruiting, with questions [Re: mycocurious]
    #7556239 - 10/24/07 06:04 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

U can kill three birds with one stone with more FAE

even less chances of contams.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom