Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
The mind is a tool!
    #7552584 - 10/23/07 08:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

And if you don't use it you lose it. It's hilarious but also tragic how long I've gone with believing that letting go meant to try and avoid thoughts. When I used to meditate I understood well enough, you still think but the stillness between thoughts becomes more profound.

Unless you get really good at meditation, it is dangerous to believe you can be in a constant state of letting go. In fact, it might lead you to the delusional belief that not paying attention to your mind means that you have somehow transcended it. The thoughts are still there, the reactions are still there, they are now more unconscious than before.

I have to start using my thoughts in a rational, intelligent manner. What the hell have I been doing? It's like I've been looking for the perfect thoughts which will make me happy outside of myself, when I am the only one who can direct my thoughts and the only one who can use my thoughts to direct myself to happiness.

I look back now and I understand all these things that people have said to me or something that happened and now I know WHY it was like that. For instance, a compassionate friend is trying to explain to me how to better navigate the world; he says "I have thoughts but I just continue on my way. I do things because I feel like doing them". He said this and I thought "why can't I know what I feel like doing? How does he ignore his thoughts so completely?"

:eek:
Anyways, this is more like a journal than a post so I apologize, but I do give P&S and MushroomTrip for pushing me in a certain direction, even though I didn't really know what they were talking about at the time :lol:

Thank you for helping me learn, guys:heart::mushroom2:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline2600
Dr. Nick
Male
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7552593 - 10/23/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

There is a guy named David Deangelo, if you ever get a chance pickup his series "On Being a Man". Part of becoming a mature man or women is realizing your thoughts as they happen and acting accordingly. The idea is to always remain at complete center with yourself.

This is why the only reality is the one we create for ourselves.

--------------------
Dream Mad Beats.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: 2600]
    #7552630 - 10/23/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Fun Fact:

DD is his stage name. His real name is Eben W. Pagan.

--------------------

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7553919 - 10/24/07 07:13 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

"Thoughts there are, but no one who thinks them." -some Buddhist teacher
"The body is just a vessel for the human being." -some Hindu teacher

Good news! :grin:

Should we own our thoughts and take responsibility for them?  Hmm.  I think so, but it's not that simple.  It's so easy for the human mind to fabricate thoughts about a situation which remove the human being from experiencing the present moment. The necessary work is disidentifying with those thoughts; I guess disidentifying from would imply initial taking responsibility for, but that's just semantic.  Are negative thoughts a part of 'you'?  I don't think so.  In some broader sense, maybe, but such thoughts are largely conditioned by a fear-based culture, and do not reflect anything substantial about oneself or about the present moment.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. :tongue: :heartpump:  The insubstantiality of thought is something I have, um, felt a lot about lately...?  In meditation sometimes thoughts just become big strings of words and I can feel each word as it hits, and realize I am allowing each word to trigger emotion and selective memory recall, it is not passive.

In a dream, this gem occurred to me: "OM" cuts through the Matrix.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Offlinefake estate
didgin it out
Male

Loc: NC
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: Lion]
    #7554435 - 10/24/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

thoughts are life

--------------------
eat more algae.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: 2600]
    #7554572 - 10/24/07 11:29 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

2600 said:
There is a guy named David Deangelo, if you ever get a chance pickup his series "On Being a Man". Part of becoming a mature man or women is realizing your thoughts as they happen and acting accordingly.  The idea is to always remain at complete center with yourself. 

This is why the only reality is the one we create for ourselves.

DD sucks. He's gotten better lately, but he's still recommends a lot of manipulative "game" tactics. Ideagasms is the real deal:tongue:

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Male User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: Lion]
    #7554665 - 10/24/07 11:53 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bug said:
"Thoughts there are, but no one who thinks them." -some Buddhist teacher
"The body is just a vessel for the human being." -some Hindu teacher

Good news! :grin:

Should we own our thoughts and take responsibility for them?  Hmm.  I think so, but it's not that simple.  It's so easy for the human mind to fabricate thoughts about a situation which remove the human being from experiencing the present moment. The necessary work is disidentifying with those thoughts; I guess disidentifying from would imply initial taking responsibility for, but that's just semantic.  Are negative thoughts a part of 'you'?  I don't think so.  In some broader sense, maybe, but such thoughts are largely conditioned by a fear-based culture, and do not reflect anything substantial about oneself or about the present moment.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts. :tongue: :heartpump:  The insubstantiality of thought is something I have, um, felt a lot about lately...?  In meditation sometimes thoughts just become big strings of words and I can feel each word as it hits, and realize I am allowing each word to trigger emotion and selective memory recall, it is not passive.

In a dream, this gem occurred to me: "OM" cuts through the Matrix.

The same thing happens when I meditate, it can be frustrating to see how far the programming/self-conditioning goes. So you think our thoughts are mostly unconscious reactions? I mostly agree, but do you think it's useful to use conscious thinking, to create your own dialogue over the original dialogue? I think it can help shift direction in awareness when one isn't in the most aware state, mostly outside of meditation.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7554692 - 10/24/07 12:03 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I am the only one who can direct my thoughts and the only one who can use my thoughts to direct myself to happiness.

Who da man? You da man! :thumbup: Right on, right on.:D

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #7554740 - 10/24/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I wouldn't exactly call them unconscious reactions, because we can reach that point where we are VERY aware of them, even if they are borrowed. I think we can more accurately call them unhealthy patterns, especially when it comes to those negative thoughts that bug was talking about.
However, even though they have are influenced by a socio-cultural context, they are still ours. They still happen as an extension of our true selves, and I think that they deserve payed attention to in the same manner as we pay attention to all the rest of our thoughts and act accordingly.
In order to identify what are their roots, we need to analyze them and subject them to our critical thinking, even if they are "toxic", they can be a great catalyst when it comes to knowing who are are by observing when and how they occur. We can't deprive them of the concernment they need because, amongst other things, we are social beings too. A much better action would be to acknowledge them, accept them and then try to modify what doesn't serve our best interests.
If we feel anger or frustration or fear at the present moment, THAT IS the present moment for us, but a present moment that we can always change and make the best of it.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Male User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7554784 - 10/24/07 12:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

When we analyze certain thoughts and get to the root of them, is this what allows us to see what our actual beliefs are and change them? See, I felt like this was an intelligent thing to do, but then I wondered if that whole process of analyzing my thoughts was just another layer of abstract thought which would detach me from the present moment?

But you are saying I should analyze them, not just deprive them.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#7554818 - 10/24/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Living in the present moment happens regardless of our feelings and thoughts, but we can BE more present and in touch with reality when we put more awareness in our lives.
Acknowledging and accepting our current thoughts never comes as a threat to being in the present, but on the contrary, it increases our comprehension and level of consciousness.
Making abstraction of anything that reality (including ourselves, cause that's what we're talking about) generates is called denial, and from this we are only a few steps away from becoming delusional.
We can only change when we understand. :heart:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#7554931 - 10/24/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

thoughts are a slipstream
a medium

of sorts

and most don't come from us

because firstly we inherit language we aren't really born with it

so a lot of things get lost when you make the shift out of the pre-linguistic mind into the rational thinking mind because then you are only thinking with how you are socialized to think

of course, this isn't a problem until perhaps after age 6 or something of the sort

make up your own age to fit and make it right

and so at this point we become consumers, our thoughts are programmed into us through the matrix and though of course there is always a soul inside who knows better

sometimes he forgets or he inherits errant patterns

such as when the teenager wants to fuck, and he knows this, but he does not have words for fucking that are colored the right way because all he knows is his pants are hard and that is there but the tools he were given to make logical sense of this all involve a fire

the fire of the executioner, the tyrant, the Jesus, the church, and so he either sees that this is an illusion, or he becomes terrified and trapped in certain instances of iteration where every-time his pants get hard he does not do what is right

WHAT IS RIGHT? hmm..... ?

but he does what he 'ought' and what he 'ought' is not what he wants and is not what is healthy for him at the time

this is of course just a metaphor it applies to all actions

call it id and ego or superego or what have you

what is a challenge for the soul who wishes freedom is to learn to have and program his own thought patterns so that he sees reality in ways which allow him the highest pleasure, peace, grace, and love

pleasure in and of itself is one of the highest yet IN and OF itself is not necessarily liberating and can be a current that leads over a cliff into sharp rocks as we often see drug addiction and behaviors that are not fulfilling in any way

thusly one can speak of pleasure more in a sublime spiritual state which includes grosser lower chakra activities as well yet the activities are DONE from PRESENCE of grace and sublimity in such that they are ALWAYS rewarding for what is always rewarding feels great always without causing harm and from that vantage

the mere act of typing on a keyboard brings pleasure although my wrists hurt because we need the golden mean and sacred maths to integrate with our technologies and furnishings

at any rate, we can assume that many thoughts are not ours, are rather just programs we have inherited

for instance i pose to you

it is all things good and holy to, with bare feet, walk upon the earth and make loud obnoxious noises be you 3 or 30 or 92

it is all things good to wear colorful clothes
and to MAKE YOUR OWN ADVERTISEMENTS on them with magickal markers

it is all things good and holy to think for thine self and questioneth author-i-tah

lifes no ordeal if you come to terms
reject the system dictating the norms
from dehumanization........

now

lets talk about death

children do not fear death
adults do
adults can give this fear to children
children fear of course but its not the same
the fear of death is the fret we have for our latte
for our hairpeace
for our car
and our pilot
and our contract
and our job
and our quotas
and the traffic
and (br)//chopchopchopchop//others
(gotta remember that other is just missing two letters, add the br and you have an equation for the annihilation of stress at its very root)
[what don't want to believe people are good? of course you don't cuz you are a programmed cynical robot so you will gladly live in a tiny box amidst other tiny boxes and drive tiny boxes to your tiny box so you can put numbers into a tiny box and drink coffee and think its good then go home and support the war effort right?]
***butbut...... they might mug me? people are shit!
bullshit people are programs, nothing more

beneath all programs is soul

don't want to think so? I mean it's fine if you don't it's just that any other thoughts other than brother thoughts create stress ya know?

fear of death is death
its called stress and it kills millions of brothers a year

you can buy a gun, a knife, a sword, a burglar alarm
that might help you
but it won't help you when you go out the door, slip on a banana peel, fall into a tiger cage, survive unscathed only to catch Tigerson's disease from mr pussy cat and then heal that with your anti-biotics but get hit by a falling weather balloon and die
SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU OWN A GUN?
dumb-asses lol
walk softly and carry a big stick is a lousy defense mechanism because you can never skirt your karma

it just so happens, if you have a gun you might use it to save your life, which is good, but it just so happens that now you have killed a man, and this is only because you bought a gun

if you don't have one you might have never even had that man come to you to be murdered so you could be a negative karma agent entity in 'self defense' because you carried in your soul paranoid vibrations

and don't believe it? then you CAN'T FUCKING GO ANYWHERE AND YOU ARE IN THE MAZE PUSHING NUMBERS INTO THE MACHINE

its not like i'm right it's like i'm write

and i'm just sort of extrapolating the individual's ability to program his reality so that all stress dies and this is how i do

and i say to you, you have a gun, fine you have a gun, do you have a gun that kill AIDS? do you have a gun that can prevent car accidents? do you have a gun that destroy the communists that are out to get ya?

do you have a gun that can destroy elephants? fight off tsunamis?

no guns are a FUCKING ILLUSION SECURITY IS A FUCKING ILLUSION

fuck all you gun toting hip gangster wannabees
those living for death die by their own hands

karma can never be skirted

the old fretful grannies are worried because some lettuce is diseased, but even if they don't buy lettuce they might choke on a sandwich, slip in the shower, etc

fret doesn't prevent
fret is stress
what prevents mifortune is the vibration of unconditional love, grace, and pleasure

pleasure

pleasure

live for pleasure and make it divine and sublime and just you know

goooey oooey munchkin pleasure you can never skirt the laws of the universe until you become a Christ

being a Christ is better than being like
i'm a big man so i'm gonna get buff and such

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

#7555019 - 10/24/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The same thing happens when I meditate, it can be frustrating to see how far the programming/self-conditioning goes. So you think our thoughts are mostly unconscious reactions? I mostly agree, but do you think it's useful to use conscious thinking, to create your own dialogue over the original dialogue? I think it can help shift direction in awareness when one isn't in the most aware state, mostly outside of meditation.

I agree man; I definitely hold the opinion that positive internal self-talk, 'gently guiding', is a powerful tool. This is the other side of the coin in meditation: it seems that if you have slowed yourself down enough, you can kind of just easily steer yourself with words away from negative. I hope as I continue working that I'm able to do this more in social situations and whatnot.

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: leery11]
    #7555305 - 10/24/07 02:51 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

thoughts are a slipstream
Quote:

a medium

of sorts

and most don't come from us

because firstly we inherit language we aren't really born with it

Yes but using this logic, we start NOT to be ourselves ever since we interact with this world. Which is day 1 second 1.
So then, how do you know what's you and what's not you?
We live in the world we were born in (duh :lol:) and we learn to respond and react in the given context.
Foe example, saying what you say, is generated by a repulsion towards out culture (which is partially justified, but still influenced, and also not a very healthy attitude since it creates lots of negative side effects).

Quote:

so a lot of things get lost when you make the shift out of the pre-linguistic mind into the rational thinking mind because then you are only thinking with how you are socialized to think

What exactly gets lost?
Is like planting a seed in the soil and them when the seeds starts to make roots and leaves and all the rest, you say that this is not the seed you used to know. This is merely a lack of actualization, or realizing the fact that everything changes and transforms. This not only that takes you far away from the way that reality presents itself, but all you're being left with is a static mind in a constantly changing world.
The gap becomes bigger and bigger.
Let's see what your statement would imply if it was true:
1. as we grow, we are only being brain washed and lied, and everything we learn is a lie.
2. if it is so, then it also means that the social context is a lie. This can easily be negated by simply observing reality and taking note of the fact that there are a multitude of forms of social and cultural interactions which have a cause and effect.
3. if "you are only thinking with how you are socialized to think", wouldn't it be proper for me to think that you made this post because you were socialized to make it?
4. wouldn't it draw by itself the lack of originality?
5. it means that who you really are is not contained by the thoughts you wrote here.
I can go on forever because this statements contains many contradictions but I think I made my point and I'm really interested in your answers.
In order to be functional beings, we need to have a basis which supports and helps us interact with our medium. If you refute them, we're left at a neurovegetative level.

Quote:

of course, this isn't a problem until perhaps after age 6 or something of the sort

How is that?
What happens at the age of 6, other than a continuation of what was happening to us since the day we were born?

Quote:

make up your own age to fit and make it right

and so at this point we become consumers, our thoughts are programmed into us through the matrix and though of course there is always a soul inside who knows better

We become consumers because reality contains consumers and sellers. Amongst everything else which would take me forever to enounce, and from which we always have the freedom to accept or deny. That is, we have the freedom to choose, and it's still a choice even if we decide NOT to choose.

Quote:

sometimes he forgets or he inherits errant patterns

It is true that we are not responsible for the things we learn as children because we don't put so much reason in our choices and because we see an example in our parents and all the other forms of education we get.
This however, changes as we grow and as we become rational, we're also able to make our own choices and set our own priorities and standards.

Quote:

such as when the teenager wants to fuck, and he knows this, but he does not have words for fucking that are colored the right way because all he knows is his pants are hard and that is there but the tools he were given to make logical sense of this all involve a fire

What are the right words for fucking? :lol:
A teenager (or even earlier) we start to feel the need to have sex, so we do it. Some become better at it, some become rapists and some turn sex into an art.
For each of them, regardless their sexual preferences and fetishes, fucking happens in "the right way".

Quote:

the fire of the executioner, the tyrant, the Jesus, the church, and so he either sees that this is an illusion, or he becomes terrified and trapped in certain instances of iteration where every-time his pants get hard he does not do what is right

Can you explain what you meant to say with this one more time?
I'm not sure I fully understand it...
Especially the "he does not do what is right".
Also, how is this an illusion? It's as real as drinking carrot juice or eating french fries. :smirk:

Quote:

but he does what he 'ought' and what he 'ought' is not what he wants and is not what is healthy for him at the time

He does what he "ought" because he limits himself in doing only that, for various reasons but all of them are personal choices. His choice to do what he should is because it's more comfortable for him this way, even thought he might complain about it, which is also because this is more comfortable for him to do. :lol:

this is of course just a metaphor it applies to all actions

call it id and ego or superego or what have you

what is a challenge for the soul who wishes freedom is to learn to have and program his own thought patterns so that he sees reality in ways which allow him the highest pleasure, peace, grace, and love

Yes, but he still needs to acknowledge all the rest, which are mainly imprinted. Why he needs to do that, I already explained.

Quote:

pleasure in and of itself is one of the highest yet IN and OF itself is not necessarily liberating and can be a current that leads over a cliff into sharp rocks as we often see drug addiction and behaviors that are not fulfilling in any way

All that we do is to pleasure ourselves, even when we think we're doing things which are not.
It is true that some of the things we do are far more pleasuring and joyous than others and that some of them are more fruitful, however, all we do is because it pleases us.
It is also true that we do things that we find pleasing but them we feel more empty, but this because we didn't have a better understanding regarding the motivations and outcomes of our choices.

Quote:

the mere act of typing on a keyboard brings pleasure although my wrists hurt because we need the golden mean and sacred maths to integrate with our technologies and furnishings

at any rate, we can assume that many thoughts are not ours, are rather just programs we have inherited

for instance i pose to you

it is all things good and holy to, with bare feet, walk upon the earth and make loud obnoxious noises be you 3 or 30 or 92

it is all things good to wear colorful clothes
and to MAKE YOUR OWN ADVERTISEMENTS on them with magickal markers

Everything is neither good or bad.
What differs is how we choose to interpret it, how we choose to act upon it and what we choose to learn from it.
Every little experience, regardless of what it is, can be something grand and beautiful or simply horrifying, depending on what we make of it.

Quote:

it is all things good and holy to think for thine self and questioneth author-i-tah

:thumbup:
Right!

And besides questioning authority, I also learned that it good to question non-authority and also ourselves.
I think that we usually tend to forget to question ourselves, which is to say that we take for granted thinking that we're always right, and this is one of the biggest threats to actually evolving.

Quote:

children do not fear death

Children do mot fear death because they have no concept of death.
They are not aware of death occurring.

Quote:

adults do

Yes, but the quantity of fear differs from individual to individual.
Some are perplexed by the prospect of death, some are in denial (but still scared), some are little scared but choose not to let that fear govern them, so they turn it into a motivation to enjoy life even more. The latter situation seems to be the most preferable for reasons which are already obvious that it would be futile to evoke.

Quote:

adults can give this fear to children

Depends.
Buddhists (for example, but not the only example) have a different view when it comes to dying so their children will automatically feel less fear towards death as well.
Though it is possible for a Buddhist, as he grows, to become terrified by it, as well as for one who was raised in a Christian family to develop a functional fear of death, as he grows up.

Quote:

[what don't want to believe people are good? of course you don't cuz you are a programmed cynical robot so you will gladly live in a tiny box amidst other tiny boxes and drive tiny boxes to your tiny box so you can put numbers into a tiny box and drink coffee and think its good then go home and support the war effort right?]
***butbut...... they might mug me? people are shit!
bullshit people are programs, nothing more

No, nobody is being "programed" the way you imply here.
Some people/beliefs/methods are more convincing than others, but it ALL comes down to free choice. One chooses a thing over another because one wanted to do so, no matter how absurd and manipulating the choice and what caused it might look.
It is so wrong to think that someone is programmed, simply because it's not how it happens at all.
If we choose to think that we can be manipulated and programmed it is because of our fear and some times because it's more convenient for us to think so, since it comes as a perfect excuse to the "wrong" choices that we made.

Quote:

don't want to think so? I mean it's fine if you don't it's just that any other thoughts other than brother thoughts create stress ya know?

What you call soul is awareness.
We can live this life ANY way we want, we can join the army it be hardcore Christians and in the same time stay aware. KNOW why we made those choices and what they mean in depth. Doing something (anything) doesn't have to imply identifying yourself with it.
I think that our main problem comes from taking things too serious. When we take life serious we stop enjoying enjoying it and we stop acknowledging the fact that everything changes. We hold on to something as if everything we are depends on it. Thinking that we're programmed is one of those situation as well in my opinion, since it's fear inducing and since it leaves us fixated in this reoccurring thought.

Quote:

fear of death is death
its called stress and it kills millions of brothers a year

Fear of death as well as of everything else is death. Or bad living.

Quote:

you can buy a gun, a knife, a sword, a burglar alarm
that might help you
but it won't help you when you go out the door, slip on a banana peel, fall into a tiger cage, survive unscathed only to catch Tigerson's disease from mr pussy cat and then heal that with your anti-biotics but get hit by a falling weather balloon and die
SO WHY THE FUCK DO YOU OWN A GUN?
dumb-asses lol
walk softly and carry a big stick is a lousy defense mechanism because you can never skirt your karma

it just so happens, if you have a gun you might use it to save your life, which is good, but it just so happens that now you have killed a man, and this is only because you bought a gun

if you don't have one you might have never even had that man come to you to be murdered so you could be a negative karma agent entity in 'self defense' because you carried in your soul paranoid vibrations

I would have no remorse about killing someone who was jeopardizing my life.
Karma is merely a concept, such as heaven and hell and the after life. While they work perfect in their self-implied context, they don't have any effect on a pragmatic level. Isn't is karma a culturally induced notion? If so, can't it also be viewed as a socially induces thought? Case in which. all you do is switch one culture ideology over another. :wink:
Karma, in real life situations, if taken ad literam and not as a parable, a symbol which can't be translated in practical terms, turns into something which is guilt inducing and we all know where this leads to and how many negative repercussions it has.
In conclusion, I don't wanna go there.

Quote:

and i say to you, you have a gun, fine you have a gun, do you have a gun that kill AIDS? do you have a gun that can prevent car accidents? do you have a gun that destroy the communists that are out to get ya?

I can have a gun and use it and in some terms it can prevent the spread of aids, if I kill an individual which had AIDS and was planning on having unprotected sex with other individuals. :lol:
What I'm trying to say is that we shouldn't limit ourselves on obsreving only the immediate and the most obvious effects our actions can have, which leads me to the conclusion that EVERY thing I do had both positive and negative effects, and so, how do I establish what's good and bad, right and wrong?

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #7555867 - 10/24/07 04:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Also, how is this an illusion? It's as real as drinking carrot juice or eating french fries. :smirk:

Well, I'll agree with you there, but drinking castor oil certainly is an illusion, as it isn't real. :shrug:

:smirk:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7556944 - 10/24/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

for some people the mind is a machinegun
gattling in it's cage

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineFulcanelli
Stranger
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7557411 - 10/24/07 10:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i asked myself how many angels i had. 4 popped into my mind. about a year ago on 3/4 ounce of mushies 4 spirits pulled me out of body into the astral. hallucination or reality?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: Fulcanelli]
    #7558610 - 10/25/07 10:18 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hallucination. (Since you asked.)

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: Icelander]
    #7558833 - 10/25/07 11:28 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

True. Everyone know there is only one angel assigned per human.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: The mind is a tool! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7558871 - 10/25/07 11:37 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Untrue. I have a devil assigned. :hehehe:
Not that I would complain. :smirk:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order