Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination
    #7539630 - 10/20/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I honestly hate America, but here's to point out the lesser evil.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/us/ron_paul_media_finally_admits_as_top_tier_candidate.htm

Edited by jonathan_206 (10/20/07 04:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7539769 - 10/20/07 03:53 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Paul's campaign highlighted that according to the financial reports, the indication is that the only viable candidates where Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul. Mitt Romney's campaign is viable as long as he continues to spend his personal wealth.

Heh. This reporter spells like half of the idiots around here.

Do they proof-read this stuff?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: a_guy_named_ai]
    #7540110 - 10/20/07 05:23 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Oddly enough, not one of these people is willing to take up my offer of $100 for their $1 if Paul gets nominated. Fucking blowholes if you ask me.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7541077 - 10/20/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

what, you mean getting either the dem nomination or the repub nomination?

no. But I would be interested in a bet regarding what percentage of the vote RP gets.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7542005 - 10/21/07 09:36 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Republican. Or Democrat, I guess.
I don't know I'll go near that vote total thing. In the primaries? All of the primaries? As an independent? Just out of curiosity, how would you phrase this wager? And what percentage would you put as an over/under proposition?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: zappaisgod]
    #7542014 - 10/21/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Oddly enough, not one of these people is willing to take up my offer of $100 for their $1 if Paul gets nominated.  Fucking blowholes if you ask me.

I'll bet you $10 that Ron Paul gets nominated for the presidency in the primary election. :smile:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7542059 - 10/21/07 09:56 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

damn, the shit is on now
I might have to take this bet up also, the odds are just too absurd

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: TheCow]
    #7542205 - 10/21/07 10:41 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

TheCow said:
damn, the shit is on now
I might have to take this bet up also, the odds are just too absurd

That's how the lotteries make billions. Suckers.

Here it is. 100-1 against Ron Paul being either the Republican or Democratic nominee for president in 2008.

Actually, we can't do this. It's illegal. But this is the first time anybody has chirped up in the months I've been saying it. There's a lot of idiots at Intrade too where he's running around 6-7% right now, up from 0.1% at the beginning. Limeys are teh stoopit.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: TheCow]
    #7542209 - 10/21/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm hoping that he honors my wager, but realizes that he should quickly close off the possibility of any new bets. :smirk: The bets will snowball at the pace of Ron Paul's campaign, and I don't want him to default on my bet because he owes all of you fuckers money too. :razz:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7542234 - 10/21/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

ha yea i can dig. The difference with the lottery is that the probability of winning is ridiculously low. Here Ron Paul has a small shot, not a big one for sure, but the probability difference is orders of magnitude so your comparison is faulty.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7542514 - 10/21/07 12:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Do you really think Ron Paul has any shot at the REPUBLICAN NOMINATION?

That is the height of insanity. He will probably run as an Independent and suck up enough votes from Democrats to make Mitt Romney the next Prez, but there is not a chance in hell of him winning the Republican nomination.

The people who vote in caucus', especially the early ones where momentum is established, are not the kind of people who will vote for Ron Paul. They are hardcore, dyed-in-the-wool Republicans who are either vehemently against the things Paul stands for (Drug Legalization, Ending the War) or scared to death at how far he would take the things that they are lukewarmly in favor of. (Fed Reserve, FTAs)

He doesn't even have a snowballs chance in hell.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7542799 - 10/21/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, he does have that shot. :smile:

He has a lot to offer all Republicans. He can unify them all.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7542842 - 10/21/07 01:35 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I dont see that happening.

He has about 3 months until the first primaries.

He better get to work, because at the moment, he's got about 2 percent of the vote. He's going to need 50 percent more to win a primary.

Good luck, Ron.

--------------------

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7543568 - 10/21/07 04:55 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

He better get to work, because at the moment, he's got about 2 percent of the vote. He's going to need 50 percent more to win a primary.

Quote:

Paul's campaign highlighted that according to the financial reports, the indication is that the only viable candidates where Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson, and Ron Paul. Mitt Romney's campaign is viable as long as he continues to spend his personal wealth.

Ron Paul's campaign may do many things in this election but it has already made media polls irrelevant suggesting them to be an outdated obsolete method of rating candidates. If the polls were accurate Dr. Paul should not be in third place in the GOP money race.

The cable networks have been giving a disproportionate amount of time in televised debates to what they believed to be the top tier of candidates (Giuliani, Romney, Thompson, and McCain).

Expect a reshuffling of that order, replacing McCain with Paul during the Fox News debate in Orlando Florida this Sunday, or viewers may see a flashback to the famous Ronald Reagan line from a presidential debate, when he said, �I'm paying for this microphone� but instead, Paul might say, �the American people have paid for this microphone�.

From what I've read in this article, it seems to be implying that that 2 percent is absolutely false.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7543585 - 10/21/07 04:59 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry, but that is a crock.

You can spin the money results anyway you want, but in every single opinion poll that comes out, Ron Paul is consistent with about 2% of the vote. These are polls from both sides of the spectrum and every angle. CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, Zogby, etc etc.

2%.

The fact that the polls are not saying what you want them to say does not make them irrelevant.

1000 people are chosen. These 1000 people are called and asked who they would support for president. They give an answer.

I dont see anything Ron Paul has said or done that would make this type of polling "irrelevant" as your article claims.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7543594 - 10/21/07 05:02 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It can imply all it wants. The poll data is solid. Less than two per cent for Paul on every poll ever taken. Some polls show less than one per cent.

There is no possible way this guy will be the Republican Party's nominee for president. It just won't happen. Third party candidate, okay... that's up to Ron Paul to decide. But the choice of the RNC? It is to laugh.

Hell, if he were to run as an independent and I were allowed to vote in US elections, I'd vote for him before voting for any of the Dem or Repub candidates.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7543605 - 10/21/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Just in case you wanted to see for yourself...

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/

Click on the link, on the left hand column there is a section called "National Poll Trends"

Pick any polling group you want and click the link to see the polls. You can get ABC, ARG, Fox, Zogby, Gallup, NBC, USA, PEW, AP, etc.

There is no bias, this is just the way things are.

EDIT: Here's Ron Paul's page on the same site. For easy reference across many polls...
http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/Ron-Paul.html

--------------------

Offlinea_guy_named_ai
Stranger
Male
    #7544442 - 10/21/07 08:16 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

relevent articles:

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/are-pollsters-censoring-ron-paul-from-states-polls.html

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/pollster-justifies-ron-paul-exclusion-texas-poll.html

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/what-usaelectionpolls-thinks-of-ron-paul.html

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/candidates/Ron-Paul.html

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-natural-boost.html

http://www.usaelectionpolls.com/2008/articles/ron-paul-blowback-undisputable-fact.html

My honest opinion is that if you think the election process is fair you're pretty naive. I think you should all become Christians and join me and forget about this demon called America.

I think argueing about who's going to win is like arguing about wwf westling. Do you really think these "elites" will let it up to you to decide? No way.

But as far as I can tell, and I could be wrong Ron Paul is the lesser evil. I don't vote though. I don't know what will happen, but I don't see how these people in the white house right now pushing this crusade are going to just let go (without divine intervention). It's not just bush. It's been the same people all along..they've been there from the beginning.

One thing I think is sure, the power is going to the east, even if it means sacrificing America.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#7544456 - 10/21/07 08:20 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Nobody is saying it is fair to you.

But it is the way things are decided.

I dont doubt that if he runs as an independent that he will garner a decent % of the vote.

But he isn't going to get the Republican Nomination.

This is all thats being said here...

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Establishment Media Finally Admits Ron Paul Is Top Tier Candidate; Could Win Nomination [Re: Phred]
    #7544712 - 10/21/07 09:24 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Here's an interesting article about a recent Zogby poll on candidate negatives. The article mainly focuses on Hillary's negatives, it's worth noting that Ron Paul is right up there after Hillary, Gravel and Kucinich. No surprise to see Gravel and Kucinich there -- those two are stone loony imbeciles and might garner a few thousand votes nationwide between them in any general election. What might come as a dash of cold water to the Paul fans here is the fact that he's currently perceived as negatively as Mike Gravel. Mike frickin' Gravel! That ain't something to be proud of, folks.

From http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2007/10/018818.php

Quote:

HILLARY: STILL UNELECTABLE?

Throughout her career in public life, Hillary Clinton has been plagued by high disapproval ratings. In recent months, there have been some indications that hostility to Mrs. Clinton is fading, but this Zogby poll raises again the question of her electability. The question asked was, "Whom would you NEVER vote for as President of the U.S.?" Here are the results:

Clinton: 50%
Kucinich: 49%
Gravel: 47%
Paul: 47%
Brownback: 47%
Tancredo: 46%
McCain: 45%
Hunter: 44%
Giuliani: 43%
Romney: 42%
Edwards: 42%
Thompson: 41%
Dodd: 41%
Biden: 40%
Obama: 37%
Huckabee: 35%
Richardson: 34%

Some of these results should be taken with a grain of salt. The reality is that in today's political climate, every Presidential candidate begins with at least 35% to 40% of the population who will never vote for him or her. I, for example, would never vote for a Democrat for President; it really doesn't matter whom they nominate. This question becomes important when there is something about a candidate that repels some voters who would normally be expected to vote for that candidate. When that happens, alienating even a small percentage of expected supporters is very important.

This is where Hillary could have a serious problem. In the Zogby poll, 59% of those 65 years old and over said they would never vote for her. That suggests a much worse showing in that demographic than any Democrat would normally expect.

Polls, especially at this stage, are of limited significance, even where, like this Zogby poll, they sample a considerable number of likely voters (here, 9,718). But the persistently large number of people who seem to be put off by Hillary must be worrisome to her campaign.

One other point emerges from this survey: note that Mitt Romney fares rather well. Since just about the only thing that most people know about Romney is that he is a Mormon, his supporters will take heart from the fact that he seems not to be ruled out by any more likely voters than his rivals.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale