Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineresptodd
I reject yourreality andsubstitute myown
Male User Gallery

Loc: Michigan
home compost
    #7533202 - 10/18/07 09:27 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Any one keeping track of my posts, I'm getting closer and closer to my goal. O.K. info on: home compost, what if i take the store bought manure/compost, start a compost bin (replies I've read are store bought composted manure is lacking in nutrients, it has passed the stage for good myc growth) and add home vegetable leftovers in order to make a more nutrient dense compost? I'm really stuck on the grain/myc to composted manure/straw tek, don't know why, just comfortable with it---going with my gut.

--------------------
Damn! I'm having fun! Just keep the GD monkeys away.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: home compost [Re: resptodd]
    #7533400 - 10/18/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

The vegetables won't particularly help your cause, and while composting is fun, they're not going to make store-bought manure spring back to life.

You can use store-bought manure. People have had good luck with Black Kow, but most composted manure will have non-nutritive substances like peat added, and it all has the consistency of mud when wet.

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: home compost [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7533415 - 10/18/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I hate mud as much as I hate monkeys

--------------------

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: home compost [Re: resptodd]
    #7533417 - 10/18/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Find a horse farm.

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: home compost [Re: CaptainLinger]
    #7533483 - 10/18/07 10:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

He's on to something about the composting though. However, you *can* take what you've started and added a couple days worth of shredded newspaper (get it soaking wet and it shreds easily) and mix it in very thoroughly to what you have and you have the foundation for starting a real pile. Obviously all you'd really be doing is converting your store bought compost into homemade compost.

I still think some oak leaves and the kitchen scraps gives you a better result.

Will end up looking like this...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

OfflineCaptainLinger
A Fungus Amongus

Re: home compost [Re: mycocurious]
    #7533504 - 10/18/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well indeed. Compost makes good starter...but this guy isn't looking for a recycling solution or the ultimate substrate, just something manageable to use.

Offlineresptodd
Male User Gallery

Re: home compost [Re: mycocurious]
    #7533540 - 10/18/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You are who I need to chat with!! Can I "revive" store bought composted manure? I grew some shrooms years back with the old homestead kit. They provided some composted manure, I had a yield however small, so I am comfortable with grain/myc to "compost?". I want to perform this again, just need a good "manure/compost recipe?" I like the idea of some homemade manure/compost to use. I bleed green in my dreams.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale