Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
I just threw my weed in the toilet
    #7517639 - 10/14/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

There wasn't much, maybe a gram...

It's run its course.  It has nothing to offer me anymore. Just a cheap thrill at the expense of hours of each day.  Fuck it. 

I am tired of compromising my day.  I don't need to be stoned to clean my apartment, or to watch a DVD.  I don't have to get stoned to listen to music.  I want to read more, exercise more, socialize more. I'm tired of writing off my evenings, staying in.  I'm tired of the dullness, the timidness, the isolation, the sore throat and lungs.

Enough.

I don't want to breathe smoke anymore.  The occasional cigarette I have is also out.  No drags, no hits.

I don't know how long it will be before I smoke again, but I am making a 40-day commitment.  That's until Friday November 23rd.  Then I'll reassess how cannabis should fit into my life. 

:shineon:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEternalCowabunga
Being of Great Significance
Male User Gallery

Loc: Time and Space
Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7517718 - 10/14/07 10:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Good work, dude :thumbup::heart:
I would say keep it to a once in a while thing at the most

--------------------

Offlinegeedorah
CHOPPN SCIM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Close to the edge
Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7517750 - 10/14/07 10:20 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That reminds me of how I quit smoking cigs. I would buy a pack, smoke a drag, and soak the rest in the sink. After doing that about five times I never wanted to smoke again. There was the one time a friend and I dried some of the soaked tobacco and rolled it up, but that's something I try and forget.

Good luck. After three days it'll get easier.

--------------------

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #7518030 - 10/14/07 11:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

good to hear and good luck with this :thumbup:

I can definetely relate.  I always had the notion that I needed some tokes to do the dishes or watch a movie, etc.  I had the mentality that it was so much better, so better to the point it seemed like a necessity, to be stoned to do things.

I think you'll find that in the end it's much better not to be toking so much.

My personal experience is that one vice replaces another though.  After enough time away from the stoned induced days and evenings, I found I consumed more booze.

Keep busy with the exercise for sure :thumbup:

OfflineMK Ultra
Stranger

Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: Spooge]
    #7518138 - 10/15/07 12:02 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Too much of anything isn't good, and it sounds like you were maybe smoking a little too often and depending on it too much.

On the flip side, if you ARE going to have a vice, marijuana is the safest overall when it comes to physical health and not harming your brain. Food addiction leads to obesity and disease; alcohol abuse can lead to alcoholism, liver failure, and causes brain damage by triggering mini-seizures in the brain; sex, gambling, hard drugs, self-mutilation, eating disorders, and other addictions are far more difficult to conquer than marijuana and are FAR more likely to cause permanent harm. As long as you avoid these pitfalls, you should be fine.

It's all about how you use marijuana: it can be used as a crutch to make life more bearable on a daily basis, to dull out extreme emotions, kill physical pain, and cope with mental problems, but this is self-medication and can lead to problems. Hell, you don't even get HIGH after a certain point! It can also be used as a spiritual tool to aid in deep thought or meditation and to see the truth of the world without illusion, or as a party drug, or as a way to relax after a hard day, or to just get blasted and chill. There are an infinite number of uses for marijuana, and once you find where it fits into your life, if at all, you'll be one step closer to making peace with the weed.

Just look at the different ways people use it: Rastafarians believe it brings them closer to Jah and fights the evil system of Babylon; cancer patients, AIDS patients, and people with other debilitating physical and mental disorders use it as a medicine to prolong life and ease suffering; curious teens use it to see what "getting stoned" feels like; artists in all genres use it to aid creativity; people with social anxiety and Asperger's Syndrome use it to decrease stress and promote sociability, and so on...

...take time to clear your head and just focus on you. If you're giving up tobacco and pot at this time, it'd also be wise to give up junk food, alcohol, toxic relationships, and other distractions, because some of the bad habits we have, we don't even realize we have them until they've taken a significant toll on our lives.

Good luck on your journey and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: MK Ultra]
    #7518269 - 10/15/07 01:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

perfect decision, i was heavy cannabis user and basically didnt do anything anymore without having a joint my mouth.

i quit about a year ago and my life 's gotten better and better ever since.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

InvisibleRustifer
prestige worldwide
Male

Loc: Central Texas
Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: ohmatic]
    #7518405 - 10/15/07 05:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That's weird, I get stoned to do nothing. I always try to do everything in the day I need to before I get stoned.

But that usually ends up being nothing so I get stoned when I wake up.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
    #7519438 - 10/15/07 01:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
There wasn't much, maybe a gram...

It's run its course.  It has nothing to offer me anymore. Just a cheap thrill at the expense of hours of each day.  Fuck it. 

I am tired of compromising my day.  I don't need to be stoned to clean my apartment, or to watch a DVD.  I don't have to get stoned to listen to music.  I want to read more, exercise more, socialize more. I'm tired of writing off my evenings, staying in.  I'm tired of the dullness, the timidness, the isolation, the sore throat and lungs.

Enough.

I don't want to breathe smoke anymore.  The occasional cigarette I have is also out.  No drags, no hits.

I don't know how long it will be before I smoke again, but I am making a 40-day commitment.  That's until Friday November 23rd.  Then I'll reassess how cannabis should fit into my life. 

:shineon:

FTW!!!

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: sui]
    #7519454 - 10/15/07 01:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hehe if I ever get back into it, I'll vape only :thumbup:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7519942 - 10/15/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Rock on man. I made the same decision myself, for the exact same reasons.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: MOTH]
    #7519946 - 10/15/07 03:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

*highfive*

:awesome:

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #7520837 - 10/15/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've been off for two years and I feel OK. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't go back to it when I have the opportunity. I try to stay clear of the addictive substances like hard liquor, but I'm looking forward to wine and/or reefer during my retirement.

Offlineconfusion
ProfessionalNovice
Male User Gallery

Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: Booby]
    #7521032 - 10/15/07 09:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If you go back to smoking, then limit yourself to once a week or once every two weeks.

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: confusion]
    #7522184 - 10/16/07 06:51 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I seriously doubt it.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #7524857 - 10/16/07 07:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I only smoke a couple of times a year. If you have self control you can keep it in the freezer instead of throwing it away.:whoa:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: I just threw my weed in the toilet [Re: Icelander]
    #7525474 - 10/16/07 09:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I only smoke a couple of times a year. If you have self control you can keep it in the freezer instead of throwing it away.:whoa:

Obviously I don't have that self control... yet.  I've used it habitually for years, with a few breaks, since I was a teenager.  I have been unable to keep it on hand without finding a reason to smoke it on any given evening.  I lie to myself about what is justifiable use.  I try to squeeze in a session between arriving home from work and my evening errands.  I wake and bake on Saturday mornings before accomplishing anything, because hey, I've got all day, right? Sometimes the only reason I smoke is to alleviate the indecision of whether or not to smoke, if that makes sense. 

My behavior is compulsive and destructive; moderation is not going to work at this point in time.

I smoke to justify my laziness and my shyness, my inaction and my low standards for myself. I don't have to feel the pressure of living up to my potential if I am already limiting my capabilities with a drug habit.

The act of throwing it away also serves a symbolic purpose.  It was a physical action that represented taking a stand against certain negative behaviors of mine. It felt good.

This time I actually put a timeframe on my break.  I have an achievable, definite goal.  Once the initial period is up, I'll be in a good place to decide what comes next.

As well, I need to prove to myself that life is perfectly okay without chemical enhancement, and as much as I believe that, I have never quite lived that philosophy since I started using cannabis. 

39 days remain.

--------------------

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
    #7525809 - 10/16/07 10:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I havent smoked in almost 6 months,I'm with ya bro.

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #7525937 - 10/16/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Nice move man. :rockon:

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#7530336 - 10/18/07 07:41 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

My first big hurdle is going to be this NFL sunday.  I'll be drinking and my friends will be shoving bongs in my face. Wish me luck :ooo:

37 days.

--------------------

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #7530386 - 10/18/07 08:12 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Around your friends is definately the hardest part. But if you know exactly why you want to quit then you can do it. Just get nice and drunk instead :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale