Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
How to dispose of contamed cakes already in terr?
    #749938 - 07/16/02 04:14 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all,

Unfortunatly i lost 2 of my cakes to trich(green mold). They are in a seperate terrarium from my other casing and 1 cake. Premature trich looks almost like mycelium and when it turns green its dropping spores. How can i get rid of the cake withought it dropping spore everywhere in the grow room. I cant move the whole terr because its wieght+perlite+water and its odd shape are hard to carry. I already misted the cakes, the inside and outside of the terr and the surrounding are will 100% bleach. How can i move the cakes withought them dropping spores? Any way to completely distroy the green and all th spores, im not trying to save the cake just kill the green. Any ideas? Did they bleach misting already kill the spores?

Thanks a ton!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
Re: How to dispose of contamed cakes already in terr? [Re: Fd3000]
    #749967 - 07/16/02 04:23 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Put a baggie over the cakes and just scoop them up so they are inside the baggie, then dispose. I'd just dump everything in the terrarium and clean it out, but the bleach should kill everything.
-Bruiser

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

OfflineBoB
Re: How to dispose of contamed cakes already in terr? [Re: Bruiser]
    #750635 - 07/16/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

^^^ O' Funk i didn't know that ,,,, i'm newbie and all but have never heard that green funk on cakes
can drop spores .... Of course i find this out after being hit by the green funk for the first time just last week which
claimed 6 cakes ( second flushes ) ( all pesa hawianen) and two casings ( one treasure coast & one pesa)
both cased with coco coir and one cake each .... thanks for the good info ....

a got a question about those bad cakes .. if i was to cut out the green funk spots and a little deeper ..
and boil it in water fr ten minutes to make tea juice would it be ok ..??

--------------------
"Son , You keep doing that you're go blind "
"Dad, I'm over here"

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: How to dispose of contamed cakes already in terr? [Re: BoB]
    #750710 - 07/16/02 09:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Well i sertainly wouldnt drink that tea if i had a gun to my head but its your health. Psilocybin is only in the outside layer of the cake that forms at pinning/fruiting. You could peal off the outside 1" layer of a spent cake, make tea and trip. But if you took the inside of the cake you just cut and made tea nothing would happen.

Another thing is that trich(Geen mold) is originally white, only its spores are green and that gives everyone the idea of it being green. You might accidentally cut out all the green but have some of the white trich still left and get sick. Even if you cut it out is sure there would still be alot of the mold still in the cake that you cant see, wheather you shred it or not. Also you may injest some nasty spores that'll make you sick!

All in all its a bad idea but if your sure in your cutting skills they good luck to 'ya!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale