Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNess1
Spreading myinvisible wings
Male

Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms.
    #7497783 - 10/08/07 02:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I could give a long description of why I feel like the psychedelic experience can help me, but I won't because it's not all that relevant to the question. Basically, I feel like my life has gotten off track and I feel like mushrooms might be able to help me get it back on track. What can I do to maximize the likelihood I'll have a profound/mystical/whatever you want to call it experience with mushrooms? I am not using recreationally this time, I'm using it as a self exploration tool. I also have a couple specific questions. Should I focus at all on the issue(s) at hand or simply let the shrooms take me where they will? Inside or out? Music or no? I know it's hard to say, but any help would be much appreciated.

--------------------
I know what they'll find, it's in their mind, it's what they want to see. Spare me from the light, here comes the night and here I'll stay, waiting for darkness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedbailey11
Stranger
Male
Loc: PA
Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: Ness1]
    #7497848 - 10/08/07 03:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Be in a good setting where you're comfortable, maybe with a few close friends. Outdoors at night would be ideal for me personally. First sit in meditation for at least an hour to quiet you mind, and consciously raise the intent to clarify what you would like to get out of the experience; and then take a dose that you feel you can handle well. Keep distractions to a minimum and focus on a specific question during the come up such as 'who am i? or what is the true nature of reality?'and just relax. Good music is always helpful as well ime.

--------------------
Don't interrupt my delusional rant with the facts.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #7497863 - 10/08/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Eat them  :grin:

Only joking!  Every time i've done them its been profound!  I can't see any recreational value in blowing my mind...

OfflineLimerick
a moment ofclarity
Male

Loc: the bark and below it
Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: dbailey11]
    #7497869 - 10/08/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dbailey11 said:
Be in a good setting where you're comfortable, maybe with a few close friends. Outdoors at night would be ideal for me personally. First sit in meditation for at least an hour to quiet you mind, and consciously raise the intent to clarify what you would like to get out of the experience; and then take a dose that you feel you can handle well. Keep distractions to a minimum and focus on a specific question during the come up such as 'who am i? or what is the true nature of reality?'and just relax. Good music is always helpful as well ime.

^^^^^

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7497873 - 10/08/07 03:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Read spiritual books a few days before you trip. Always works for me to have that sacred material in my head before I ingest a psychedelic.

OfflineNess1
Spreading myinvisible wings
Male

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: MOTH]
    #7497903 - 10/08/07 03:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

^I'm atheistic. I don't believe in any of the western religions. I don't believe in any deities. I'm not sure that reading sacred texts would be the best thing in the world for me before a trip. I don't really want to have a crisis of faith when I already feel my life is off track.

--------------------
I know what they'll find, it's in their mind, it's what they want to see. Spare me from the light, here comes the night and here I'll stay, waiting for darkness.

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #7497921 - 10/08/07 03:19 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

try and figure something out.. Something complex like how human relationships shape the outcome of your daily life or government.

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: Limerick]
    #7497931 - 10/08/07 03:21 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If you really want something profound, be gentle with yourself and use a decent dose. Reflect and integrate. Stay true to what you learn. Currently, acid = my medicine. I'm still weary to try mushrooms these days, I tried the whole "get my life on track" thing by doing a heavy solo trip and got my ass handed to me. My intentions weren't true. Mushrooms have a good way of exploiting that. I wanted my life's problems solved and enlightenment from a single dose. So be prepared... it ain't all wine and roses. If you righteously think this is what you need, it's probably going to help you along.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #7497978 - 10/08/07 03:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ness1 said:
^I'm atheistic. I don't believe in any of the western religions. I don't believe in any deities. I'm not sure that reading sacred texts would be the best thing in the world for me before a trip. I don't really want to have a crisis of faith when I already feel my life is off track.

Okay, understood. In that case, read about space, black holes, time, atoms, molecules etc., scientific stuff is sooo juicy to the head when you're tripping. Any sort of 'ology' is interesting and having that knowledge provides for an interesting trip.

Really, the way you "pack" will be completely up to you. But packing before a trip is definitely key in my opinion to having a profound experience on mushrooms. All you read will come back to tantalize you in new ways.

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: MOTH] * 1
    #7498063 - 10/08/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

That's very true. Also I'd just like to point out that on shrooms I find that they direct you. Way more out of control than acid for example. So like all that preperation may help but still... I see what you're getting at, a good review of some topics beforehand will definetly become intertwined into your trip but don't let that distract you too much. Like I just mean, try not to have that much of a purpose. Issues will come up, and they need to be dealt with. Somtimes an empty mind going in is good too. Be yourself.

But yeah what you're saying, moth is very valid. I find reading philosphy and just general stuff on life gets my mind ready to think hard about stuff on trips. Before hand though take some time to be with yourself. Go for some walks, empty out your mind of all the unecessary clutter that accumulates from life's day to day BS. If you meditate, do that. If you paint, do that. Spend some time merely being. Cause that's where you trip will be headed for sure. That's what you can be sure of.

Just my thoughts..

Edited by today mylove (10/08/07 03:47 PM)

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#7498084 - 10/08/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ness1 said:

In that case, check out any Buddhist sutra (the prajnaparamita heart sutra is fucking great for tripping, my personal fav...), or check out the Tao Te Ching.  These faiths have nothing to do with religion or God(s), but rather the essence of existence itself.  I am an atheist, and I am an avid Zen practitioner. 

:hippie:

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #7498123 - 10/08/07 03:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

what i like to do is spend a whole day in meditation preparing for the trip, doing things that put me into a meditative state of mind (meditation, yoga, reading writings of masters, hiking in nature, exercising, drinking tea, fasting, etc.).  then at night take the shrooms in complete darkness and silence, it is good to practice yoga (i mostly do back stretches) as this helps with the energy during come up.  it is also nice to have some quartz, self-healed quartz are very effective and just emanate with energy.

if you really want to have a healing experience, hike up a small mountain, pitch a tent and start a fire.  all on a full moon :grin:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: onlynow]
    #7498130 - 10/08/07 03:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

onlynow said:
if you really want to have a healing experience, hike up a small mountain, pitch a tent and start a fire.  all on a full moon :grin:

:thumbup::thumbup:

:hippie:

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

Re: Need tips for inducing a profound experience using mushrooms. [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #7498522 - 10/08/07 05:14 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

let nature take it's course :yinyang:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #7498594 - 10/08/07 05:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If I come into a trip with a problem I need to resolve, the best remedy I find is just to have somebody tripping with you that you can say anything too and talk about it. If you keep it all inside your head sometimes the answers can be a bit confusing.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

OfflineImaWonderwall
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: A Sea of Holes
    #7498679 - 10/08/07 05:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well...
IMO the only trip you cant plan is a psychedelic trip. You can prepare of course but once the trip starts the drug is in control.
I like to have everything in order beforehand. I want wherever I'm tripping to be completely clean and in order. I want my thoughts straight and a dose that will give me a solid experience.

psychedelics are great, but a collective sober mind is the ground work. I would try to figure out what actual problems you're having while sober. You don't have to form a conclusion or a fix, but just address them. Allow yourself to realize the problems that you're going through and at least know that all can be fixed somehow or another. (Big first step).

Set and Setting. Find the perfect time to take the mushrooms. A time when your pumped and ready for change. Ready to see what the mushrooms will show you, anything they will show you, and be ready to address the problems that arise.

That being said don't go in with the attitude of "Fuck it. I'm ready for the worse trip possible. munch munch." Not good.

Force yourself to notice whatever is troubling you. Get your mind ready for an awesome, mind blowing fun night. eat em. After that relax and do whatever you want to do. Whatever feels right at the time. Music, movies, hiking.. whatever. You decide. Then the "work" is done.
The mushrooms will only show and allow you to see these problems in multiply and different ways that you hadn't seen before. They will show you what you want (or don't want) to see, but its up to you to correct them. The shrooms cant do it all.
Good Luck to you :thumbup:

InvisibleReoSpeedwagon153
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chetumal, Mexico
    #7499437 - 10/08/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

*cough cough*

EAT WAAAAAAY MORE!!!!

--------------------
“I thought naming myself ‘ReoSpeedwagon153’ on a forum was a funny idea in 2006.”

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7500874 - 10/09/07 09:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I find almost all of my trips are good at reminding me what I'm neglecting in life (not taking care of my health, taking my time for granted, not spending enough time with family, etc.) I find it very easy to identify what is bothering me or holding me back.

Never fails.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order