Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRR_Shrooms
UW Student
Male
Loc: Seattle, Washington
Hey I am going to be going shroom hunting tomorrow and had a few questions
    #7486809 - 10/04/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Hey everyone,
I am new to shroom hunting and had a few questions regarding the hunt I will be doing tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be going somewhere where I know there are Psilocybe azurescens and cyanescens but had a few simple questions before I go.

1. I know there are some look alike mushrooms but they are deadly... how close do some look to the real thing? This questions may be useless after question 2...

2. Does blue bruising mean that it is 100% the real thing?

I may be new to hunting but I'm not an idiot and I know I don't want to die because of some stupid error on my part.

P.s Pictures will but up tomorrow so that way I can know for sure before even thinking about eating them. And if anyone is wondering why I'm going by myself for the first time, its because I don't have a mentor to take me... Surprisingly I cant find anyone who shrooms at the UW.

--------------------
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Hey I am going to be going shroom hunting tomorrow and had a few questions [Re: RR_Shrooms]
    #7486864 - 10/04/07 11:17 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

If it's blue bruising and looks like a cyanescen then it is at least in the Psilocybe genus. 
However, that being said, looks seems to vary a LOT from person to person.  There are other mushrooms that bruise blue that are not Psilocybe and some that are poisonous but they look nothing like a cyan, to me anyways.  I can't believe some of the pictures people post asking if it's a cyan...  It just isn't that hard, you will know if you find a cyan.  They have a white stem that bruises an apparent, metallic blue.  Simple as that.  Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Good luck.
Post pics.

:mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinewizee
Stranger

Re: Hey I am going to be going shroom hunting tomorrow and had a few questions [Re: @cro]
    #7486884 - 10/04/07 11:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

lol thats so true acro

OfflineRR_Shrooms
UW Student
Male
Loc: Seattle, Washington
Re: Hey I am going to be going shroom hunting tomorrow and had a few questions [Re: @cro]
    #7486890 - 10/04/07 11:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man, tomorrow there will be pics!

Hopefully you may come back at tell me that I found the right stuff :laugh:

--------------------
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix