Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

LC to rye colonization....
    #7485453 - 10/04/07 03:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well, last night before i got home i had in my mind that my jars were not going to take. yesterday was the third day since i inoculate my jars of rye with my month old lc.

When i got home i checked the jars and there was signs of life. Now this is where i am confused. when i did corn jars with spore syringes not lc's i know that took a while to get started up and what not. well, when i did these rye jars i followed rr's tek i did the coffee method . i used two cups of coffee to two gallons of water. now at first i thought my lc was dying out. but took a chance anyways. i bought a 2oz meat seasoning syringe with my baby bottle lc i was able to fill the whole syringe one time so i had 2oz of LC/water. i was able to break the lc up very nice. so i tried to keep the inoculation the same with all jars but the syringe doesnt have measuring line on the syringe. so i had to count it my own way. i am pretty sure i was close to putting in the same amount in all jars.. well, when i see the mycelium growing in my jars its very very small almost like when my lc started up. but with the coffee added to the rye shouldnt the jars be colonizing alittle faster or does that take a minute to get going?? cause to me it seems there was no benefit to the lc then using a spore syringe. or maybe since this was my first time at this i may not have hit it on the nose???

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptain Cubensis
Bleeding HeartLiberal

Re: LC to rye colonization.... [Re: tony8404]
    #7485460 - 10/04/07 03:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Best advice is to be patient...there is no rule of thumb, except that it always takes longer than you want.

My friend recently knocked up some jars that were dormant for 2 weeks, well right as he was considering re-knocking them he decided to wait a few more days.

In just a few days time they took off and colonized really well.

--------------------
www.groworganic.com
Get 350lbs shipped to your door for only $100!
www.mycosupply.com
Online Organic Rye Berries
www.hydroponics.net/i/200002
The Cyclestat 4P, a great repeat cycle timer made in the USA.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: LC to rye colonization.... [Re: Captain Cubensis]
    #7487696 - 10/05/07 08:53 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

wow... yeah after i first posted this i just got home and checked my jars and sure enough they took off like crazy. the bottom half the jars are already colonized

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures