Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineallreadyused
The Liquor
Male

Loc: Trailer Park, Nova Scotia
Cop arrested for murder
    #7484704 - 10/04/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I spent last weekend at my parents house visiting and here's what I saw in a local paper. I looked up the paper's web site and here it is. What a fucking asshole. This guy should have a great time in prison; cops always do.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_529717.html
State trooper arrested in 2006 Blairsville dentist murder case
By The Tribune-Review
Thursday, September 27, 2007

A state trooper has been accused of murdering a Blairsville dentist last year.
Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett and Indiana County District Attorney Robert Bell are holding a joint press conference this afternoon to announce they have arrested Kevin James Foley for allegedly slaying Blairsville dentist Dr. John Yelenic on April 13, 2006.

Foley, 42, of Indiana, Pa., was arraigned this morning before Indiana District Justic Guy Haberl on one count of criminal homicide. At the time of the killing, Foley was dating the dentist's estranged wife, Michele. The couple was wrapping up a bitter divorce, according to court records.

A statewide grand jury issued a presentment against Foley for the killing of Yelenic, 39, who was discovered dead in his home at 233 S. Spring St. in Blairsville with his throat cut.

Investigators said they linked Foley to the killing by using his DNA, which matched skin found under Yelenic's fingernails. They also found a bloody shoe print at the home that match the brand of tennis shoe that the trooper always wore.
After the murder, Foley, an avid runner, switched to another brand of running shoe, investigators said.

Foley is accused of slitting Yelenic's throat with a knife

Here's another story from the same paper.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribunereview/search/s_529850.html
Trooper arrested in dentist's death
By Paul Peirce
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, September 28, 2007

Slain Blairsville dentist Dr. John J. Yelenic predicted he would be murdered in 2006 by a state police trooper living with his estranged wife.
On Thursday, the state Attorney General's Office arrested Trooper Kevin James Foley, 42, of 10 Susan Drive, White, near Indiana, for the April 13, 2006 killing of Yelenic.

A statewide grand jury meeting in Pittsburgh since May recommended filing a criminal homicide charge against Foley, who has lived with Michele Yelenic since 2004.

The jury's presentment said Pittsburgh attorney Effie Alexander, the dentist's divorce attorney, testified that shortly before his death, he offered to set up a fund to investigate his murder because he believed Foley would kill him. The Yelenics were wrangling over their pending divorce.

Foley is accused of entering Yelenic's home in the early-morning hours and repeatedly slashing the well-known dentist with a knife.
At a news conference yesterday, state Attorney General Tom Corbett said Yelenic, 39, bled to death from multiple slash wounds to his scalp, face, neck, trunk and right arm.

"It is extremely difficult to have to arrest a member of the law enforcement community, but as in any case, we follow the evidence wherever it leads," Corbett said.

Corbett gathered with Indiana County District Attorney Robert Bell, state police Maj. Robert Lizik and Blairsville police Chief Donald Hess at the Indiana County Courthouse to announce the arrest.

Investigators said they linked Foley, a 13-year veteran trooper, to the slaying by using his DNA, which matched skin found under the dentist's fingernails.

They also said they found a bloody shoe print at the home that matches the ASICS brand, which Foley preferred because of a discount offered to state police.

After the murder, Foley, an avid runner, suddenly switched to Nike brand running shoes, the grand jury found.

Foley was arraigned yesterday morning before Indiana District Judge Guy Haberl and is being held in the county jail without bond.

Lizik said Foley was immediately suspended Thursday without pay. He said Foley, who was a criminal investigator at the Indiana barracks at the time of Yelenic's murder, was placed on station duty, first in Indiana and later in Hollidaysburg, after he became a suspect.

Under station duty, an officer works at the station and is required to relinquish his badge and gun at the end of each shift. Foley, who has been on sick leave since June, was arrested yesterday at the Indiana barracks without incident, Lizik said.

According to the grand jury presentment, Foley was a suspect from the outset when his co-workers and a Blairsville police officer noticed an injury above his left eye, which the trooper blamed on a hockey game he played in Delmont the night before the murder.

But Foley's teammates, including Trooper Robert Worcester, did not see Foley sustain any injuries during the game, according to the grand jury.

Foley's co-workers, including troopers Deanna Kirkland and Daniel Zenisek, told the grand jury that Foley was always complaining about Yelenic.

Kirkland testified that she was stunned by statements Foley made in March 2006.

"They were on a prisoner transport, driving to Westmoreland County, and Foley said he wished that Dr. Yelenic would die or be killed in a car accident," the grand jury presentment quoted Kirkland as testifying.

Zenisek told the grand jury that Foley once asked him whether he wanted to "help him kill Yelenic." Zenisek said he didn't take Foley seriously.

Lizik said yesterday that none of Foley's threats about Yelenic were ever brought to his superior's attention.

"It's a very dark, disturbing day for the Pennsylvania State Police," said Lizik, Southwestern Pennsylvania state police commander.

Corbett defended the length of the investigation, which lasted almost 18 months. The case was first handled by Blairsville police and county detectives until earlier this year when Bell turned to Corbett's office for assistance.

Corbett said some of the forensic-analysis reports were not finished until they were presented to the grand jury earlier this month.

Corbett declined to comment about a motive, saying the issue will be addressed during the trial.

The grand jury heard from several witnesses who said Michele Yelenic frequently called the dentist's office "demanding money."

Just a week before his death, Michele Yelenic telephoned and Dr. Yelenic refused to take the call, his receptionist, Georgette Johnson, testified. He told his receptionist to tell his wife that if she wanted money she had to sign the divorce papers, according to the grand jury.

The divorce settlement would have slashed Michele Yelenic's monthly support check from the dentist from $3,800 to $1,300 a month.

The grand jury presentment said that Dr. Yelenic was insured for more than $1 million and Michele Yelenic and the couple's adoptive son, J.J., would be the beneficiaries.

Neighbors told state police, according to the grand jury presentment, they heard "blood-curdling screams or noises like pig squeals" about 1 a.m. on the day of the killing. Yelenic's body was discovered by a neighbor boy late that afternoon.

Corbett said the investigation is continuing. He declined to say whether Michele Yelenic is a suspect.

Attempts to reach Michele Yelenic for comment yesterday by telephone were unsuccessful. Foley's attorney, Thomas Johnson, of Indiana, did not return telephone calls seeking comment.

Police chief Hess said the knife used in the slaying and the tennis shoes were never recovered.

--------------------
Everything I say is for entertainment.

Fuck the ASPCA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: allreadyused]
    #7485195 - 10/04/07 02:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hahahaha

COPPER HERE IS A MESSAGE FOR YOUR SLIMEY ASS

OfflineIdiot
I Am Moron!
Male User Gallery

Loc: 41.90231, 12.45390 Flag
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: pong]
    #7485250 - 10/04/07 02:41 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Is there a special jail for cops? or do they just go to jail to be that one guy he arresteds bitch.

--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: Idiot]
    #7485284 - 10/04/07 02:50 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

they go to jail to be everyones bitch

OfflineCantiSama

#7485502 - 10/04/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

that article wasn't cool. from the context i was under the impression that the cop killed the guy because he was a dentist, i was misled.

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #7485508 - 10/04/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pong said:
hahahaha

COPPER HERE IS A MESSAGE FOR YOUR SLIMEY ASS

:rofl:

Offlineallreadyused
The Liquor
Male

Loc: Trailer Park, Nova Scotia
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: CantiSama]
    #7488168 - 10/05/07 11:55 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CantiSama said:
that article wasn't cool. from the context i was under the impression that the cop killed the guy because he was a dentist, i was misled.

I was talking to a guy at a bar while I was in the area. He told me the dude had a $1,000,000 life insurance policy. The dude was trying to divorce his estranged wife. If the divorce got finalized which it was about to, the policy would be transfered to their adopted kid and the wife would get nothing. I predict the wife will be charged eventually and some of his cop friends who covered for him too.
By the way somebody I hung out with went to the dentist who was killed. She said he was a nice guy.

--------------------
Everything I say is for entertainment.

Fuck the ASPCA

OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: United States of America Flag
    #7488348 - 10/05/07 01:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

He will probaly be placed into a protective custody unit, where he is housed with Child molesters, Gang traitors, and other former cops.

--------------------
Retiro Equipaje. Mas uno por favor Cerveza, es mas fina. Psalm 706:6

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#7489548 - 10/05/07 06:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

sad day for humanity.

ive met some pretty cool cops, but this guy was clearly an asshole.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: evolprim]
    #7489560 - 10/05/07 07:02 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

he should just be executed. give everyone a little peace of mind.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineStreetFreak
smellin' like a plant

Loc: locked in a place where n...
Re: Cop arrested for murder [Re: Syle]
    #7489583 - 10/05/07 07:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

They should throw him in the pen with a bunch of black guys who have been fucked with by cops way too many times. :yesnod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder