Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

Need id on mush found by apts on woodchips
    #7477534 - 10/02/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I think the pictures explain most everything. I am in cfl

working on spore print now.

please help me identify this mushroom

bong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need id on mush found by apts on woodchips [Re: bonghittr]
    #7477573 - 10/02/07 02:11 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i will need more info , if you like my help , what is that drops in the stem is a latex, or fluid that come from the mushrroms, it look like a cortinarius, or something with rusty spores,, also the surface of the cap is amazing can you describe it if you can it will help,do can tell if it was growim from aburied log maybe, sometimes the color in the pictures are not the same real color that why details are important and you have a rare one,

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Edited by cactu (10/02/07 02:13 PM)

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Need id on mush found by apts on woodchips [Re: cactu]
    #7477642 - 10/02/07 02:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cactu said:
i will need more info , if you like my help , what is that drops in the stem is a latex, or fluid that come from the mushrroms, it look like a cortinarius, or something with rusty spores,, also the surface of the cap is amazing can you describe it if you can it will help,do can tell if it was growim from aburied log maybe, sometimes the color in the pictures are not the same real color that why details are important and you have a rare one,

OK No problem.

I found it below some bushes.. I do not know the type they are i suck with plants.. i only have a fungus thumb.

there were 3 there I olny too 2 of them. btw the color on the picture looks perfect.

the cap is reddish brow with the stem having more yellow as it goes down

The stems are hollow, and they are around an area where green gills flourish.

There was no log, therese are fairly new only about a year old. I am positive it is coming from thechips you see in the pictures.

they are very fiborous.

If you need more plz be specific... print is still being worked on.

Bong

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7477733 - 10/02/07 02:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

let me add one thing the caps feel like leather. If someone c an tell if/how posionus this is, because Id be willing to do a taste test.. of course rinsing before and after.

Bong

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7477770 - 10/02/07 03:08 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

well in the picture look like a cocodrile skin or something .crazy surface ofthe cap for sure .maybe be good if you open in 2 to note any change and how are the gill atach to the stem more clearly i bet it have a rusty brown spore print , sometime it look also as a gymnopilus, any caracteristic smell,

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #7477780 - 10/02/07 03:14 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

it does not look like an amanita , maybe a cortinarius but i doubt you get sick if you taste and rise and spit , but taste is not to much of importance also with this mushrooms maybe to taste the bitterness if it was a gym............

--------------------

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

#7477878 - 10/02/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

cactu said:
well in the picture look like a cocodrile skin or something .crazy surface ofthe cap for sure .maybe be good if you open in 2 to note any change and how are the gill atach to the stem more clearly i bet it have a rusty brown spore print , sometime it look also as a gymnopilus, any caracteristic smell,

here are pics of the spit

Some gills are attached, some arentthe inside was more whitish than orange or yellow gills appread to be yellow, except where sapores are and that looks rusty red. But i dont have the print from the other one yet.

Bong

Edited by bonghittr (10/02/07 03:41 PM)

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #7478050 - 10/02/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with Cactu, probably a Cortinarius.

Also looks a little like Agrocybe.

Some pics of a pin cut in half and the spore print would help.

Offlinebonghittr
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Need id on mush found by apts on woodchips [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #7478468 - 10/02/07 07:06 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

well the spore print didnt go.. the thing was too dry.. anyone want it for microscopy?

Bong

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags