Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

Re: attn mattso, mjshroomer help me id these shrooms
    #74747 - 03/31/00 07:15 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

wheres sequim?and you wont have too much luck hunting libs in the spring.fall is the key for libs.

if the second ones was wavy and caremel colored, it doesnt make it a psilocybe,the wavy psilocybe is a cyanescen, which stains intensely blue on the stems.so if it didnt stain, its doubtful it was a psilocybe.

------------------
Father Psylosymon:PRAISE OOLAR!!!!!!!!!!!
Listen to brother oDin,show us your tits!
"name the weed Sharon, cuz I'm stoned.."
Show & AG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
Re: attn mattso, mjshroomer help me id these shrooms [Re: Psylosymon]
    #74749 - 03/31/00 11:33 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Not so fast, Psilocymon, old bud -

Azurescen definately knows a p.cyan when he see one. And I still disagree with my (FAR more learned than I) pal, MJ, about lib not growing in the spring.
I've got buddies who pick them consistently in the temperature-changing months between Feb March and May. - - -

As for you species, Azure, I haven't the slightest clue. I'll check out my manuals and see if MJ or Stamets has something to fit the bill.

How about this beautiful weather! I thought of you today azure - took my daughter to the WPZoo. -
Gorgeous day.

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#74750 - 04/01/00 06:57 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

thats cool your friends get libs in the spring!!i dont find shit.

if it didnt blue,its *unlikely* its a cyan.

------------------
Show & AG

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #74751 - 04/02/00 04:13 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Mattso, I disagree with you 10,000 percent. There are no liberty caps in the spriong. May 22 was the earliest I ever picked them and that was only 22 mushrooms and never again. Also in July one year at the end of the month I found a whole field (Woodlawn Park) in the arboretum.

Their season is from Late July, depending on the rain through january if there is no freeze or frost.

Of course you can pick them in Pune, India in May because thats their rainy season ove there and in Peru in the late June and July, but not in the Pacific Northwest.

Mattso, I have shown friends who have picked liberty caps and P. cyanescens for fifteen years, pictures of Galerina autumnalis and they told me they have eaten those so unless you have personally seeen these spring liberty caps, I have great doubts because this is impossible.

Mj and Azure, get a camera. There are no P. cyanescens in the spring and many specises have caps which become wavy, including the deadly Galerina,s and you can not say "very slight chance of bluing near base."

The mushroom is either blue or it isn't. Here you arre predicting it could be very blue at the base.

And while P. cyanescens has a wavy cap, they do not grow in Pastures,

After most of your thread you also say well that you think the first one is a Panaeolus. Well Mattso, If the first one described is a Panaeolus then it cannot be a liberty cap.\

And based on your discriptions I could not fairly say that "The second ones for sure are Psilocybes," when obviously you have not picked any psilocybes.

Have a shroomy day.

Mj

Anonymous

#74752 - 04/02/00 01:31 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

need to know about mushrooms native to northern new jersey, don't want to make a mistake

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

#74753 - 04/02/00 03:22 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I knew you'd hop in with that old line, John :wink:
But, you yourself admit to having picked Libs in May... MAY, my dear friend is in the Spring.
And so you've verified what I've been asserting ALL ALONG!!! Nya, Nya....

Sure, they are not at all COMMON in the spring, we're all perfectly confident in that point... I haven't ever found them myself, but Two different people I know have collected them in the Spring Months along the Oregon Coast -- on two occasions I have partaken of the freshly picked fruits myself in the month of April.

This guy posting here doesn't think he's found LIBS, I don't think, but is wondering what he HAS found.

What the hell.

I'm dying to go mushroom hunting -- You going to THAILAND this year, John?

--------------------
- Winston Churchill

Offlineazurescen
meanderinemushie muncher
Loc: bellingham wa
    #74754 - 04/02/00 08:23 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

alright, I found my book. the first ones are from the genus psathyrella, I think I spelled that correctly, as for the second ones, for sure psilocybes-I fuckin know what Im doing. If youre curious, mj, then I will mail you the spore prints. Also, I have found libs in the spring, although very rarely, in pastures bordered by shoreline and the coast out in the sequim area as well as around humptulips. I have been picking for 5 years and have never, I repeat NEVER eaten a bad mushroom. I never said they were p. cyanescens, only that the mmature specimins had caps that were semi wavy. they could be stuntziis or any number of species. the pasture contained huge piles of cow and buffalo shit as well as large piles of wood chips, so it makes speciation difficult. like I said before, I have prints, so you can culture them if you want, but bioassay reveals moderate levels of activity
thanks for your replies. hey matt, you never did tell me where you picked those beautiful baeos
I said very slight chance of bluing because the stem darkened and looked sort of blue at the base, but since I have id'd them and know they aernt good, I wont eat them, as for the others, they were mmm mmm good :smile:

--------------------
if the sign says dont pick the mushrooms, you should probably pick them

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

#74755 - 04/04/00 05:49 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Yah, I know :wink:
I'll take you to them this year if you want.
I'm just so damn protective of that patch... I've yet to find this particular mushroom anywhere else, though I understand from MJ that it is common enough to have a nickname... though I don't recall what it is.
Are you going back to school in the fall? Either way, you'd have to be here in the city to find that particular patch, so make the time and lets just do it. You should meet MJ too, he's an excellent hunting companion. I'm going to 'transplant' some of that beao myc this week.

--------------------
- Winston Churchill

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #74756 - 04/04/00 07:25 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Mattso,

I was wondering about the ringers. My frinend who pick a patch from March last year through christmas says they are not growing this year.

My patch also died last year.

Of course you aand I have a nice little Baeocystis spot.

If the fertilizers are not put into the lawns on a regular basis then the blue ringers disappear after a couple of years.

Also, very few pwople have found Blue ringers and fimetaria in a pasture yet that is their habitat. Of course they are a cross breed species because the Stuntzii and fimetaria also grow well in aldermulch. And yes P. cyanescens sometimes will appear on a lawn. But right nowe in Seattle the best bet is p. cyanescens ion the fall. Blue ringers seem to be more common now from Eureka to San francisco.

I though I would show you a picture from when Gartz and I found an 80 pound patch in Eugene, oregon of P. stuntzii. They were growing in the parking lot of the Bon Marche at the Valley River Shopping Center.

Also Mattso, I am still waiting for Guzman to send me the info on your shrooms from last fall. He also is suppose to be doing the taxonomy on my two new shrooms I discovered in Thailand last fall.

I hope he gets back to me real soon.

The shrooms above were only part of the pickings. We also had just as manyu papers scattered with the shrooms under the bed and Gartz' room was the same. We took this foto after arriveing at Breittenbush where both Gartz and I preesented a lecture on Shrooms.

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited April 04, 2000).]

InvisiblePsylosymon
Carpal Tunnel

#74757 - 04/05/00 02:07 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

last season i found 3 lonely blueringers in one of my lib fields.i picked one and was like holy shit,a stuntzii in my lib field? first time i have seen that before.both my stuntzii spots are at schools,so it was wierd to find one in a cow field.

thats a nice pic MJ,i wish i was taking pics of my shrooms a couple years ago when my stuntzii spot was still a bit unknown and supportin blueringers by the thousands.

cool, i am lookin forward to finding some info on mattsos find from last year!! :biggrin:

------------------
Show & AG

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #74758 - 04/05/00 08:33 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry wrong forum

mj

[This message has been edited by mjshroomer (edited April 05, 2000).]

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #74759 - 04/05/00 08:35 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Hi Psilosymon, found this image of me in 1991 taken by Jochen Gartz on his first visit tot he USA from Communist Leipzig , East Germany. This was photographed in Astoria, Oregon.

[img]gartzlibcap1.jpg[img]

Mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder