Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepoof
Stranger
Freezer bags are not a good longterm print storage option
    #7460889 - 09/27/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I never had problem with the quart freezerbags for storing prints. Id store each print in a bag and then put all the prints in another bag and keep em in the freezer for a few months at a time. Never one contamination.

Its been a year since ive bothered to pull one out and after a month of spawn failures i found that ALL my prints had become contaminated with bacteria despite exponentially better sterile techniques/environment than before. For about a 9 months they had been sitting in a drawer (i moved and didnt bother to put them back into the freezer) so perhaps room temperature expanded the pores of the bag allowing bacteria to leak though, but short of that i have no idea how they all could have become contaiminated.

Freezer bags are an excellent short term storage option, but i have yet to find suitable long term storage short of keeping them in the freezer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates