Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
I am literally a total waste of intellegence...
    #7458213 - 09/26/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

WARNING: do not read if you have better things to do than read the post of a lost soul

I excell in math and sciences. No bragging just the facts. straight up good at them. well my second year of college rolls around here I am lost in this fucking ocean of a city utterly useless and confused and worst of all, lazy. I waste so much time doing nothing and I never see it until afterwards.

What is the point of constantly looking back on your life and regretting things. I do not know what I want to get a degree in, yet I am enrolled in hard chemistry, physics and calculus courses. I was thinkin engineering but I got a D in this class that was specific for the type I was interested in. That alone is not why but is a factor.

so I feel i lost touch with everthing and everyone I have known and loved. All my long time friends are 100s of miles away. sure i meet people here but shit its not the same. nowhere near the same. My old friends actually KNEW me. Its crazy. People here pretend to know you, but actually know nothing about you, just the topical issues.

I once thought I knew it all now I know nothing. Big ego destroyer there. well I am debating whether or not to drop out, what the hell is the point of paying hard earned cash(most of all my loving parents money) and getting a misguided degree.

I dont expect responses, more I just needed to weave all my thoughts into 1 peice not just a ball of yarn in my head.

well now i need to do my physics homework i put off to play halo 3 for 6 hours straight.

EDIT: and please dont tell me things like "Buck up" and shit because that is what I have been saying to myself all my life until this point. I finally realized there is fucking more and sometimes your life is not a straight arrow but a fucking crazy ass path far and wide

Edited by Tangerines (09/26/07 11:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInsaneMaryJane
Bitch
Female

Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: Tangerines]
    #7458241 - 09/26/07 11:35 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Man, I opened this thread and was going to read it. But the entire time I kept seeing your avatar off to the side. Its literally distracting me from reading your thread. Sorry.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: InsaneMaryJane]
    #7458260 - 09/26/07 11:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

its cool. to sum it up best i have to borrow the lyrics of modest mouse

"IM THE SAME AS I WAS WHEN I WAS 6 YEARS OLD"

OfflineAll We Perceive
Sea Cucumber
Male

#7458263 - 09/26/07 11:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

As a senior and a fellow lost soul (philosophy major),

I came in good in math as well so I figured dunno what I wanna do... might as well go accounting (good money, Awesome CPA pass rate at my school, excellent at it) but quickly realized the triviality of it.  Us INTJs like to see possibility, not be bound by rules  :rastamon: Then I fell in love with philosophy after intro.  Quite simply, I SUCKED at it but awww the possibility!!!  Here I am still with it now.    Quite simply you gotta do what you enjoy, not what you're good at.

Anyhoo, coming to college away from your friends (I moved from Maryland to Florida for school so I knew NO ONE) can be hard at first.  But it is also a good restart... no one knowing anything can be a good thing.  Redefine your identity and be someone you want to be!  Who is gonna be the wiser?  I would also recommending joining some organizations.  I joined a fraternity my freshman year with lots of regular non-frat-boy mentality guys to chill with that are all different that I can learn from.  Quite simply, sitting in your dorm/apt 24/7 sucks.

Although I don't agree with coming to school just for a degree, it does open up a lot of doors.  In a world where EVERYONE and their mother has a bachelors, if you don't have one and everyone else does you'll be fucked unless you're good at a trade or opening a business.

Plus, college seems to breed maturity if you try to explore and learn.  Seems to me that people that just graduate hs that I know are the same as when they graduated (same drama, same bs)

--------------------

"plus they atually think jambands are good or sumthing, so they clearly know absolutely nothing about music, clearly lol" -Bassfreak

OfflineInsaneMaryJane
Bitch
Female

#7458277 - 09/26/07 11:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I read the post. I just highlighted the avatar this way I could barely see it. Anyways, I dont have anything to say, because i dont know what to say.

Hope all goes well, however. Good luck figuring everything out,
Im off to bed.

Goodnight.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7458329 - 09/27/07 12:02 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Try to stick it out until the end of the semester. However, after you've given it a chance and you still don't want to be there then you don't belong there.

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7458344 - 09/27/07 12:08 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yea I really should stick it out and I know it. I need to talk to a counselor sometime soon to bounce ideas off of them and help me find my way.

I need to find some other friends. not friends i do school work with. not friends that i smoke with but people I can relate to on other levels. if that makes sense.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7458350 - 09/27/07 12:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

dude, i'm a senior and facing the same problems with my education (not really the social aspect, after 3 years of being here i've made some good friends, but it definitely took a while for me to finally branch out, and i still have a lot of branching to do). i'm having extreme difficulty trying to care, particularly about my majors. and i have no fucking clue what i want to do career-wise. BUT, i'm going to tough it out. after all my parents have done for me, after all i've done for me, the least i can do is tough it out a little longer so i can come away with a couple degrees, even if i didn't necessarily excel.

but i dunno dude. if you really feel college isn't the path for you, perhaps you can find an alternative.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7458356 - 09/27/07 12:12 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Its going to take some thought, but I like the idea of getting a degree. I just need to do some searching as to what I REALLY want. thanks for all the responses.

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

#7458361 - 09/27/07 12:13 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah man, having a college degree can really make a difference for a person.

--------------------

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

#7458503 - 09/27/07 01:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

get your degree, i feel your pain i have experienced the same thing and am just finishing up my degree. i went into an area where i just excelled and would make good money. however sometimes i lose the desire to learn the stuff because it seems as if it doesnt matter. but it does if you want to really advance. idk i really want to be an artist and/or musician. i cant do either but i have the passion to do so, ive only done science and math, but i plan on doing the latter for myself coinciding with my job. dont quit because you dont like it, sometimes you have to eat the whole piece of shit.

OfflineHakim0777
aka RACKBONE!!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW Flag
Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: relativexistance]
    #7458543 - 09/27/07 01:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Find a hobby. Find some thing to kill the time and keep you interested. Ive been in an existential crisis too, I mean I want to accomplish alot but at the same time what the fuck do I really want and what does it amount to.

Who knows. But you know no matter how much shit isnt going we have no fuckin clue how shits gonna be years down the line.

Do you have any passion in life? A hobby?

--------------------

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #7458755 - 09/27/07 03:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tangerines said:
Its going to take some thought, but I like the idea of getting a degree. I just need to do some searching as to what I REALLY want. thanks for all the responses.

Astrophysics

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #7458855 - 09/27/07 05:16 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Finish school.

It's a 4 year commitment that will affect you the rest of your life and really, is rather trivial. Do you plan on quitting everything in life once it gets too hard?

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

#7458953 - 09/27/07 06:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe try a different major, no offense but Ive found most people who claim to be really good at science and engineering can get A's, B's without doing much studying at all.
I just took a test and did this complicated ass problem, except I got it wrong because I forgot the integral of 1 does not always equal 1, and in fact rarely does. I just looked at the integral and went, ah yes this is 1. Then walking out of the test realized in horror that the rest of my answer was then horribly disfigured.

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #7458999 - 09/27/07 06:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

laziness can be a real bitch.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #7459511 - 09/27/07 09:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you need some inspiration. Finish the semester, then travel. Anywhere. Figure out a direction when you get back.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Re: I am literally a total waste of intellegence... [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #7459724 - 09/27/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

FUCKKKK. living true to my nature today. completely choked on my exam. changed stuff that was right, forgot over half the equations, just generally did terrible on stuff i fucking KNOW. i swear i knew this shit like the back of my had last night. it was cake. then i get the exam and blank out. FUCK. at this rate, i won't even be able to finish my senior year. christ.

--------------------

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

#7460257 - 09/27/07 12:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

completely empathize with this post.

im in chem, calculus, economics, and intro to the old testament.
the last two classes are kinda cool but the first two are hard to get into. i wanna go into medicine though so those classes really have an effect on whether or not i can get into a med school.

i feel that im intelligent enough that if i paid attention in class and really sat down, spaced it apart, and study in a somewhat consistent manner i would ace my classes. problem is i zone out in class, and when i come home or go to the library to study i end up pondering the nature of everything, or watching mitch hedberg videos. result. staying up all night the night before trying to cram unrecognizable material into my head, and ending up doing poorly on the tests.

procrastination REALLY is a bitch man and if we dont overcome it it will fuck us over. i say you try to study more start taking some classes your intersted in and find a major that suits your intellectual and personal interests.

best of luck. and dont give up

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #7460286 - 09/27/07 01:04 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This has nothing to do with the topic...
Where you wearing a Zeppelin shirt yesterday?

--------------------
!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder