Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
why use LC?
    #7454918 - 09/26/07 08:41 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i see a lot of the new grow logs and it seems like LC is so popular right now. why? what ever happened to just good ol fashion spores dripping onto the substrate? is it because you can directly inject LC to a bulk substrate?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCaptainKirk

Loc: gone
Re: why use LC? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #7454928 - 09/26/07 08:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

lc is much quicker as the myc is already growing ,no need to wait on the spores to do their thing, and for like you said its the only way to knock up bulk subs

OfflineWronguy

Trusted Cultivator
Re: why use LC? [Re: CaptainKirk]
    #7455020 - 09/26/07 09:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Correct. Besides using spawn for bulk substrate inoculations, liquid cultures are great. The amount of time can also be drastically reduced when using an LC. It all depends on the amount used though.

Good to see you around Captain!

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

Re: why use LC? [Re: Wronguy]
    #7455141 - 09/26/07 10:18 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah lc speeds up the growth

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

OfflineTheDudeAbides
Livin Off FrostyBarley Pops andPork Soda
 User Gallery

Re: why use LC? [Re: wutang]
    #7455148 - 09/26/07 10:19 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

LC?

Ridiculous question, I know...

--------------------
outputrotation said:
x-com and unsolved mysteries are the only things that have ever made me truly scared

OfflineanarchOi
Ellenalien is fat.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ASE Flag
Re: why use LC? [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #7455208 - 09/26/07 10:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

live culture, or liquid culture
whichever you prefer

you can even make cakes with cloned LC >.>

--------------------

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
Re: why use LC? [Re: anarchOi]
    #7455224 - 09/26/07 10:41 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit. You have Ganesh as your avatar! The ganpati festival is just getting over here, I dunno if you know what that is.

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

Offlinegmuralid
Holy Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: India
Re: why use LC? [Re: gmuralid]
    #7455238 - 09/26/07 10:44 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

And yeah I just started using LC and the honey tek has been awesome! It takes me 2 days to see anything, but after that the myc is just explosive. And the jars I inoculated showed myc growth the next day!

--------------------
Wilderness. It defines me.

OfflineVegan
using the searchbutton
Male User Gallery

Re: why use LC? [Re: TheDudeAbides]
    #7455246 - 09/26/07 10:45 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I started using LC (liquid culture) for the speed thing but now I'm looking at it for the cloning properties..

heres a pic of 2 jars one with spores
the other with LC
same innoc day

also in my experiments with WBS the longer it takes to colonize a jar the more chances of contams setting in,..
cause of this I wont do WBS with spores again,, brf cakes yes but no more wbs..I lose about half with spores ..perhaps its my tech but either way..

--------------------
I came, I saw , I came back

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: why use LC? [Re: Vegan]
    #7455263 - 09/26/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, liquid cultures are just mycelium suspeneded in a nutritive solution. Growing in it. It speeds up your colinization times a lot. Also, it's easy to generate a larger portion of LC's than spore solutions.

Also, you can make a clone mushroom into LC, giving you the genetics of that mushroom.

!aspore

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

Offlinemutex
Pissing in thegene pool
 User Gallery

Loc: The spork fukulum
Re: why use LC? [Re: aspore]
    #7455912 - 09/26/07 02:15 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I use LC as insurance. I'm just starting out so I'm trying different things to see what works for me and what doesn't. Cakes, different grains, LC's with diff ingredients, etc. Ive fucked up a few things (ok probably more than a few) here and there but if the LC gets low you just go make more. Without LC I think I would of spent alot of money on spore syringes just this month!

One thing I don't like about LC is you really don't know if its good, esp if your just starting out and your not sure what its supposed to look like. I'm trying mycelium syringes (water from colonized grains) now. I think it makes more sense for what I'm using it for.

Offlinewutang
fungi
 User Gallery

Re: why use LC? [Re: Vegan]
    #7455934 - 09/26/07 02:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Vegan said:
I started using LC (liquid culture) for the speed thing but now I'm looking at it for the cloning properties..

heres a pic of 2 jars one with spores
the other with LC
same innoc day

also in my experiments with WBS the longer it takes to colonize a jar the more chances of contams setting in,..
cause of this I wont do WBS with spores again,, brf cakes yes but no more wbs..I lose about half with spores ..perhaps its my tech but either way..

????????????
what day was it shot and what date was the pic taken?

--------------------
:peyotespectrum:    :sanpedro: :rainbowdrink: :tripping:

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

Re: why use LC? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #7456047 - 09/26/07 03:02 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The biggest benefit with LC is not speed. It’s a great thing to have but I consider an insurance of good genetics as stated before an entire factor I can’t over look. And for the people that don’t understand what genetics are good for in a mushroom, look at it like this.

Multi spore inoculations are nothing more than a role of the dice. You are correct in saying that all of your spores are the same strain. But not all of them are equal. You have weak spores, strong, spore, and piece of shit spores that do nothing. Basicly what im saying is not every spore in you syringe will germinate, or grow mycelieum, or even help produce a mushroom. That’s one reason some people have great pin sets and picture perfect flushes and others don’t. The ones that don’t could be contributed to the fact that one side of you cake had kick ass motivated spores while the other side is full of a bunch of lazy bastards that might make a mushroom or two.

Now to avoid this and help ensure a better chance and gnarly ass shrooms on your next grow is starting a LC from a clone. There was a tech I saw a while back for cloning to LC and was just stupid simple.

You simply take your best shroom out of your grow. Put it in you glove box. Wipe it down with alcohol and immediately take a sterile syring and pierce through the shroom so you have a chunk in the needle. Then you simply inject that into you LC mix and BAM. In a week or two you have LC with genetics of workers. So your chances of a nice pin set, with shrooms that have the same characteristics you cloned from.

This is the tech for cloning that im referring to.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5874305/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/4

And this is my preferred way to make LC. Its free if you get your sugar at star bucks and turns out damn near clear so you can see what’s going on inside the jar.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6378527/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Just my two cents based on the reading ive done.
  :penguinmonkey:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds