Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript)
    #7451969 - 09/25/07 01:56 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

http://tangibleinfo.blogspot.com/2007/09/ahmadinejad-at-columbia-university-full.html

some good quotes in here... far cries from the "OMFG he doesnt believe in homos, wtf!" hysteria being pushed by the media.

Quote:

Realities of the world are not limited to physical realities. And the material is just a shadow of supreme realities, and physical creation is just one of the stories of the creation of the world. Human being is just an example of the creation that is a combination of the material and the spirit.
And another important point is the relationship of science and purity of spirit, life, behavior and ethics of the human being. In the teachings of the divine prophet, one reality shall always be attached to science. The reality of purity of spirit and good behavior, knowledge and wisdom is pure and clear reality. It is -- science is a light. It is a discovery of reality, and only a pure scholar and researcher, free from wrong ideologies, superstitions, selfishness and material trappings, can discover the reality.

umm.. wow!? I can't imagine bush being able to read something like that, let alone speak or even comprehend it.

Quote:

I believe the Holocaust, from what we read, happened during World War II after 1930 in the 1940s.

orly? another small detail the media likes to overlook. 99.9% of the time, he is referred to as a Holocaust Denier.

Quote:

We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews in Iran living peacefully with security. You must understand that in our constitution, in our laws, in the parliamentary elections, for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community, one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. So our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and democratic proposal.

hmm.. wants to kill all jews?

Quote:

MR. COATSWORTH: Mr. President, I think many members of our audience would be -- would like to hear a clearer answer to that question, that is -- (interrupted by cheers, applause).
The question is: Do you or your government seek the destruction of the state of Israel as a Jewish state? And I think you could answer that question with a single word, either yes or no. (Cheers, applause.)
PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: And then you want the answer the way you want to hear it. Well, this isn't really a free flow of information. I'm just telling you where I -- what my position is. (Applause.)
I'm asking you, is the Palestinian issue not an international issue of prominence or not? Please tell me, yes or no. (Laughter, applause.)

well done sir, well done.

and about the homosexual comment... it's pretty much what he said... they don't have homosexuals in Iran "like in America." Shame that comment alone seems to have discredited his entire speech.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEl Zorro
in heaven
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: kotik]
    #7452018 - 09/25/07 02:16 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

No homosexuals in Iran?
What, do they have a vaccine or something?

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: El Zorro]
    #7452022 - 09/25/07 02:18 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

No, they have death sentences...

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #7452088 - 09/25/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I've given better speeches in the 3rd grade.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger

#7452112 - 09/25/07 02:48 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

kotik said:

I'm sure that he "doesn't mean it" when his government gives money and weapons to Hamas which it then uses to kill innocent Israeli civilians.

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#7452202 - 09/25/07 03:05 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You're so gullible.

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7452274 - 09/25/07 03:26 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Rabbis Say Iran Seeks Peace, Respects Judaism - Calls for True Dialogue With Ahmadinejad

NEW YORK, Sept. 24 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ --

Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss, spokesman of Neturei Karta International, issued the following statement on the eve of the group's meeting with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"It is always our pleasure to visit with President Ahmadinejad. This will be the third such meeting, in addition to our many visits to Iran in the past. We have each time emphasized to the Iranian leadership that, despite media hysteria and the statements of some misinformed Jews, we have found the Iranian people and their leaders to be friendly and respectful.

"Likewise, although we as Jews are not to be involved in politics, (According to Jewish law, Jewish people are required to be loyal citizens to the countries wherein they reside), We have found the Iranian President to be a deeply religious man, dedicated to a peaceful world, based on mutual respect, fairness and dialogue.
"Judaism seeks peace. Unfortunately, there are some Jews today, influenced by the barely century old, philosophy of Zionism, who feel that the proper Jewish response to enemies, be they real or fantasized, is aggression and calls for violence and unfortunately attempts to drag other nations down the path of war.

"It is sad that so few have actually attempted to speak to the Iranian President or seek the true opinion of Iranian Jewry who live in peace and practice their faith throughout that nation. We have met this man who has demonstrated time and again that he is sincerely interested in the well being of Iran's Jewish community and has deep respect for world Jewry and their Torah faith, The Zionist attempt to socially isolate this man and his people is immoral and disastrous.

"Zionism is antithetical to Torah beliefs. It believes in creating our own sovereign entity which is expressly forbidden due to the Divine decree of exile. This ideology leads to aggression against nations and is incarnated in the State of 'Israel.' This State continually oppresses other people in the name of Judaism and the entire Jewish people. This movement has exacerbated anti Semitism throughout the world. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad understands this distinction between traditional Judaism and Zionist distortion.

"We view our approach to Iran as a model for all Jews and all mankind. The Torah is the Almighty's blueprint of mercy and justice for all creation. We have followed this modal in our dealings with the Iranian President and found in him an individual dedicated to these same ideals. There is much to be gained by talking and listening and everything to be lost by raising the rhetoric in the direction of war. The grave tragedy of our era is the inordinate power garnered by Zionism, whose acceptance of force as the only means to reconcile conflicts, has influenced some to abandon Torah fundamentals. We hope and pray that they too will adopt the traditional Jewish approach of dialogue, respect and reconciliation.

"War is a horrible thing. The dark clouds of a future conflict are now on the horizon in the Middle East. Torah Jewry hopes and prays that this may yet be averted."
In conclusion says rabbi Weiss, "Out of great respect to the Iranian Nation and their leadership we proudly welcome the Honorable President Ahmadinejad to New York, WELCOME!"

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Luddite]
    #7452280 - 09/25/07 03:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Whether it was an act or not, that man said some brilliant things.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #7452287 - 09/25/07 03:29 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
Quote:

kotik said:

I'm sure that he "doesn't mean it" when his government gives money and weapons to Hamas which it then uses to kill innocent Israeli civilians.

and I'm sure we "didn't mean it" when our government gave money and weapons to Al Qaeda.  Right?  :grin:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #7452304 - 09/25/07 03:34 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

there's a sucker born every minute.

--------------------

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: wilshire]
    #7452409 - 09/25/07 04:09 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You can't act intelligence and truth, you either have it or you don't. The bandwagon of Ahmadinejad haters inside and outside of media and politics is being played just like they were regarding Iraq. It's frightening how little has been learned.

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7452744 - 09/25/07 05:45 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

What I find hilarious is that the university's professor tried covering his ass by putting Ahmadinejad's feet to the fire.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Basilides]
    #7452762 - 09/25/07 05:49 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

on a somewhat related note, its amazing there was such a big issue with him visiting the site of the 9/11 attacks.

The media is doing a great job of subliminally connecting iran with 9/11 now! jesus...

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7452884 - 09/25/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#7452915 - 09/25/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

From http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/op_ed/view.bg?articleid=1033854

Quote:

Brainpower short-circuits

By Michael Graham
Tuesday, September 25, 2007

There isn’t a barber college or trucking school that would let a Jew-hating nut like Iran’s Whack-I-Job rant away on their campus. If you’re Adolf Hitler’s agent and you’re trying to book a speaking gig, who do you call: Columbia University or the Carolina School of Straight Chiropractic?

If you’re looking for a student to slap on a circuit board and Silly Putty and head for the airport, do you ask a drunk coed from the community college or dial MIT?

If you want something done that’s really, really stupid, you need to find someone who is really, really smart. Or thinks they are, anyway.

I had this epiphany reading reviews of the newest exhibition at the Boston Center for the Arts. Entitled “Work Number 227: The Lights Going On and Off,” artist Martin Creed’s (for lack of a better term) “work” consists entirely of an empty gallery where the overhead lighting is turned on and off at five-second intervals.

Who is dumb enough to pay good money for that? Why smart people, of course.

There isn’t a self-respecting junior-high art teacher in Massachusetts who’d let a student pull this scam. But the Hub’s connoisseurs of haute couture have forked over big bucks for the artistic equivalent of “The Clapper” ($19.95 plus shipping and handling). And they’re proud of it.

Members of the MIT faculty are on record praising the faulty light socket show at the Mills Gallery. This might help explain why one of their own, Star Simpson, got her brilliant idea to strap on a circuit board and make some “art” at Logan Airport.

How dumb do you have to be to wear your “Play-Doh and battery pack” art in a high-security area? Or should I ask “how smart?” Because there isn’t an illiterate redneck in West Virginia who would try the stunt pulled by MIT’s super-Star.

Try giving Gomer and Goober a fistful of clay and wires and pointing them at airport security. They’ll be back in Alabama the next morning, shooting beer cans off each others’ heads and laughing about how dumb them Yankees are.

And speaking of dumb Yankees.

Watching a crowd at Columbia University cheering Iranian President Mahmoud AhmadWhack-I-Job yesterday was nauseating. How did a two-bit anti-Semitic loon get the prestige and platform of an invitation to an elite, Ivy League institution?

But that’s the point. It takes Ivy League hubris to make such a shameful mistake. Nobody else would.

The SEC, the ACC - why, there isn’t a barber college or school of over-the-road trucking that would let a Jew-hating nut like President Whack-I-Job rant away on their campus. Your typical American university might offer credit in basket weaving and Science of Star Wars, but they do have their limits.

Not Columbia. “If Adolf Hitler were willing to engage in a debate and a discussion, to be challenged by Columbia students and faculty, we would certainly invite him,” bragged John Coatsworth, dean of the School of International and Public Affairs.

Adolf Hitler. Now there’s a commencement speaker the graduates will remember.

Seriously, is there any organization other than the Ivy League where you could hear the phrase “Let’s invite Hitler!” without immediately hearing “Dude, what have you been smoking?” Members of the Aryan Nation, huddled around their shortwaves in Idaho survivalist camps, are listening to the coverage from Columbia U and saying “What are they - nuts?”

Today, right now, soldiers and Marines who are not allowed to participate in ROTC on Columbia’s campus are being attacked with weapons from Iran. How many Americans do you have to kill before you’re no longer welcome among Ivy League elitists?

More, says Columbia University. More.

Phred

--------------------

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

#7453073 - 09/25/07 07:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:23 PM)

Scholar
Male

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: wilshire]
    #7453081 - 09/25/07 07:30 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:23 PM)

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Phred]
    #7453087 - 09/25/07 07:31 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Today, right now, soldiers and Marines who are not allowed to participate in ROTC on Columbia’s campus are being attacked with weapons from Iran. How many Americans do you have to kill before you’re no longer welcome among Ivy League elitists?

and right now, americans are being attacked with weapons originally from america. what's the point?

also, that image was humorous. I've seen a similar one with bush talking to a redneck.

--------------------

Scholar
Male

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: Phred]
    #7453114 - 09/25/07 07:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (01/30/21 06:24 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: What Ahmadinejad REALLY said at Columbia (full transcript) [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #7453131 - 09/25/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Great article. It's thesis is very concise. Why try to understand other people & parts of the world when you can just bomb them instead?

Actually, the thesis is that only an "intellectual" would be dumb enough to pull off some of the truly idiotic things they do. Normal people just aren't that stupid.

Phred

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order