Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South
First pins!!! got pics
    #7449337 - 09/24/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Well, here are some pics of my first pins. This is my first grow ever. These are brf/verm cakes, multispore B+. I've got five cakes in my shotgun FC right now. It was kinda hard to get the camera in real close. The pics really don't do them justice. Some of the pics may look like there's only a couple of pins, but I promise there's more on them. On each cake I can count anywhere from 15-25 pins. I noticed my first pins on Saturday afternoon, so this is about day two of pins. Some are a little bigger than others and I can see several more spots where they are about to start pinning!!! I started this grow on 8/15, so it's taken me five weeks. I haven't had any contams (so far) with this batch. I also have ten more brf/verm jars ready to be birthed within the next few days or so (five are B+ and other five are P.Envy). I know i've seen some cakes that look much better than this, but this is my first grow ever and I'm excited!:grin: Also, I believe they are gonna fill out much more over the next day or so. I've also got five casings going that just went into my FC's yesterday...will have pics of those soon hopefully. Anyway, just wanted to share some pics with you guys. I put some more pics up of these cakes as they grow....

ps - Sorry if these pics end up stacked on top of each other. I'v been trying to place them side by side. When i preview the post, it shows them side-by-side, but when it actually posts, they end up stacked on top of each other. I resized the pics smaller this time to see if that would help out.

[/url][/url]

[/url][/url]

[/url][/url]

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Mycology (from the Greek μύκης, meaning "fungus") is the study of fungi, their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for tinder, medicinals (e.g., penicillin), food (e.g., beer, wine, cheese, edible mushrooms) and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as poisoning or infection.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenw_shroomy
NoN-stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: juris1]
    #7449352 - 09/24/07 09:14 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Spawn Ratio Calculator
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7803673#7803673
I only grow edibles.Any info I give ONLY applies to gourmet mushrooms.

Edited by nw_shroomy (04/01/09 01:29 AM)

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: nw_shroomy]
    #7449375 - 09/24/07 09:19 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

It effin rocks!!! I can't wait to reap the fruits of my labor  :hairmetal:

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Mycology (from the Greek μύκης, meaning "fungus") is the study of fungi, their genetic and biochemical properties, their taxonomy, and their use to humans as a source for tinder, medicinals (e.g., penicillin), food (e.g., beer, wine, cheese, edible mushrooms) and entheogens, as well as their dangers, such as poisoning or infection.

OfflinePhreakr
Exploration of Space

#7449412 - 09/24/07 09:28 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats!!! :rockon: How long in your FC until you noticed pins. I ask coz i'm a few days behind you, with my cakes in my FC for a few days now... getting that fluffy mycelium on them and what looks like knotts! hope you get a great flush and some really potent shrooms. :mushroom2:

--------------------

I'm After some Panaeolus Cyanescens, PM me to trade.

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: Phreakr]
    #7449486 - 09/24/07 09:40 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Phreaker....I put my cakes in my FC last Sunday which would have been 9/16, I think. On day three or so, I started to see some growth of the mycelium, like it was knotting up. But, then it started getting puffy like balls. So, I panicked like any newb would, and started blowin up the board with posts! :confused:  I thought that it might be because there was too much CO2, and I was right. I wasn't getting enough FAE. So, I remedied that and the puffy myc started to recede! I just started fanning more (I made that post on this past Friday - 9/21). Then the next afternoon, whalah...i saw some little pin heads startin to form. So, from the time I put them into the FC until pins was about seven days. May have been sooner if I had been fanning more. In case you were wondering, I followed RR's pf tek method and used the shotgun FC. So, knock on wood, looks like I should have some treats within the week or so! Good luck and I hope you get the desired results you're lookin for!!!

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Offlinerotaryphone
Stranger
    #7449517 - 09/24/07 09:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's nice. I'm waiting on my first too.

Invisiblejeetered
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: no clue
Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: rotaryphone]
    #7449523 - 09/24/07 09:49 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

congrats!

+5 for you!

OfflineaVeryFungi
MycoJunkie
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: rotaryphone]
    #7449524 - 09/24/07 09:49 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

That's a great feeling congrats man!!

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: jeetered]
    #7449634 - 09/24/07 10:14 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Jeetered...thanks bro, I appreciate it. It is a good feeling, especially on your first grow, to finally see what you're looking for after wondering and worrying for the past five weeks! A big thanks to you and all the rest of the Shroomery folks that have helped me along my grow!  :thanx:

Also Jeetered, that's the first time someone has given me a +5! I am so happy right now I'm retarded!!! I swear, it seems like from just a few hours ago when I took those pics, that so many more pins have popped their little heads out! This is awesome....

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

OfflinePhreakr
Exploration of Space

#7453720 - 09/25/07 10:24 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

hope your yield n potency is thru the roof, take more pics...haha! :smile:

--------------------

I'm After some Panaeolus Cyanescens, PM me to trade.

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: Phreakr]
    #7453969 - 09/25/07 11:32 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I posted some updated pics this morning. I counted 40 pins on one cake earlier. Whether or not they are all gonna do anything is a different story...But, out of 40, that one cake ought to be pretty damn good! all of my cakes have at least 20 pins on them. This is my first grow and I am pleased. We'll just have to wait and see how many flushed i get out of them. Will post more pics soon...

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #7454043 - 09/25/07 11:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Did you stack two 1/2 pint cakes or innoc a pint jar?

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: Robo]
    #7454092 - 09/26/07 12:22 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Adagio said:
Did you stack two 1/2 pint cakes or innoc a pint jar?

i was gonna ask the same thing. i had a question/post a couple days ago about that.

Offlinejuris1
Esquire
Male User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: juende]
    #7455156 - 09/26/07 10:24 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

These are the tall 1/2pt jars. I couldn't find the short 1/2pt like the ones in RR's videos.

--------------------
"In Vino Veritas"

Offlineshowtime007
Noobie cultivator
 User Gallery

#26071942 - 06/24/19 09:39 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Congrats! :mushroom2:
I'm sure the harvest will be plentyful.

I spotted my first pins yesterday.

--------------------

Offlinethe_sonic16
Mushy McMusherson
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere off topic
Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: showtime007]
    #26072084 - 06/24/19 11:29 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

I doubt it's plentiful anymore. That post was 11 years old. Congrats on your pins though.

--------------------
Sonic's "I'll buy a pressure cooker someday" Instant Pot times and settings:
  • Popping Corn Rapid Re-hydration - Half fill all containers with corn. Empty into Instant Pot. Cover with water. Run 30 minutes on PC. Release, remove, dry.
  • Wheat/Rye Berry Soak Re-hydration - Half fill all containers with grain. Empty in pot with water. Soak for 6-12 hours, air dry until surface is completely dry.
  • Grain Jar Sterilization - Run 2 - 2.5 hrs on PC
  • PastyPlates, MEA Formulation- Run 45 minutes on PC
  • LME Liquid Culture - Run 45 minutes on PC

Offlinebugalug
Stranger

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: the_sonic16]
    #26072308 - 06/25/19 03:44 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

lmaoo

Offlineshowtime007
Noobie cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: bugalug]
    #26079402 - 06/28/19 02:43 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Veil ripped?

--------------------

OfflineBentoGrow
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: showtime007]
    #26079410 - 06/28/19 02:45 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Beautiful

Offlineshowtime007
Noobie cultivator
 User Gallery

Re: First pins!!! got pics [Re: BentoGrow]
    #26079434 - 06/28/19 03:06 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Right on! I've got a few more that will be ready to harvest then in the next couple hours or so.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom