Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran
    #7447907 - 09/24/07 02:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

NEW YORK -- During his speech at Colombia University Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad denied the existence of homosexuality in Iran and was met with laughter and jeers from the audience.

When asked why there is persecution of women and homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad said, “In Iran we don’t have homosexuality like you have in [America],” Ahmadinejad said. “In Iran we don’t have this phenomenon. I don't know who has told you that we have it."

http://www.wnbc.com/news/14192452/detail.html?rss=ny&psp=news

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnhance_Shammy
PsychedelicExplorer

Loc: Under a rock.
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: lonestar2004]
    #7447952 - 09/24/07 02:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hahahaha, wow what an Rtard

--------------------

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Enhance_Shammy]
    #7447964 - 09/24/07 02:48 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

See that... I guess all homophobes should move to Iran!

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7448087 - 09/24/07 03:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2:

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleDieCommie

#7448184 - 09/24/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Thats because they executed them all already.

:gayflag:  :machinegun:

Iranian culture is certainly no friend to human rights, but we knew that already.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: DieCommie]
    #7448212 - 09/24/07 04:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Thats because they executed them all already.

:gayflag:  :machinegun:

Iranian culture is certainly no friend to human rights, but we knew that already.

and because we knew that already, what does that mean in reference to the speech that Ahma-boy gave today?

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Syle]
    #7448289 - 09/24/07 04:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

> what does that mean in reference to the speech that Ahma-boy gave today?

Most homophobes are closet homos, thus Ahma-boy is gay? Did he come out of the closet at the UN or something?

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Seuss]
    #7448299 - 09/24/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl: :thumbup:

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #7448637 - 09/24/07 06:23 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Al-Qaeda is pretty gay.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #7449138 - 09/24/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This just in: http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2698

Quote:

Report: Ahmadinejad Tasered at Columbia University

by Scott Ott

(2007-09-24) — Columbia University promised a full investigation into charges of police brutality after today’s reported Tasering of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who had come to the Ivy League school to give the annual Adolph Hitler Memorial Peace and Tolerance Lecture.

Like a similar incident at the University of Florida last week, the stun-gun assault by police followed a lengthy anti-American rant by the alleged victim, and was immediately condemned by civil rights advocates.

According to eyewitnesses, Mr. Ahmadinejad was dragged from the room shouting: “Do not make to Tase myself, slang brother man.”

It was not immediately known whether the victim was legitimately attempting to exercise his freedom of speech or if, as one unnamed witness said, “he’s little more than a publicity hound and prankster who will do anything to get news coverage.”

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Phred]
    #7449161 - 09/24/07 08:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2693

Quote:

Ahmadinejad to Visit Ground Zero, Or Vice Versa

by Scott Ott

(2007-09-19) — President George Bush today said he would consider “alternative means” to accommodate a request by Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to visit ‘Ground Zero‘, the former site of the World Trade Center towers, during his trip to the United Nations next week.

“You know the old expression,” Mr. Bush said. “If Mahmoud can’t come to Ground Zero, we may have to bring Ground Zero to Mahmoud.”

The White House refused to clarify the president’s statement.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #7449195 - 09/24/07 08:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

“You know the old expression,” Mr. Bush said. “If Mahmoud can’t come to Ground Zero, we may have to bring Ground Zero to Mahmoud.”

:laugh:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinegluke bastid
Stinky Bum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Charm City
    #7449338 - 09/24/07 09:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:lol: feeling playful today, Phred? :awesome:

--------------------
:hst:
Society in every form is a blessing,
but government at its best is but a necessary evil

- Thomas Paine

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#7449967 - 09/24/07 11:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Firstly, I felt the introduction by the university president was highly biased and rude considering he had not yet heard his guest speak. I think the crowd acknowledged that with their reaction.

I was determined to give the man a chance to make his case.

I watched the entire speech. And since I am against attacking Iran there was a part of me that was rooting for a part of Ahmadinejad. Those uncomfortable with complexity may find their brains smoking now but I know most of you know what I mean.

Up until the time when he uttered the line about no gay people in Iran I had been quiet (like my friends who were watching me for my reaction)..I tried my best but when I heard that comment I felt my stomach start to quiver and could no longer hold it in..the vibrations spread until I was laughing aloud and almost fell off my chair!

The best argument against those who were against the speech even occurring in the first place was the speech itself. The man is a fanatic and totally exposed himself as such which was only possible because he was given that freedom.

The freedom to speak and make a fool of himself.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (09/25/07 12:41 AM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: zorbman]
    #7450028 - 09/24/07 11:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

dude, same thing happened with me. i was watching trying not to judge the guy until i heard him speak for himself and once he got to the homo shit i was like ok thats it, WTF...

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Locus]
    #7450477 - 09/25/07 03:36 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I don't find anything remarkable about that statement. After all, it probably isn't an accepted lifestyle in Iran, and so according to his best knowledge there would be no gays in Iran.
The fact that there are no openly gay people in Iran makes his statement serious. To his knowledge there are none, and that doesn't lessen anything he has to say. Besides this, how do you people know he's wrong? What if environment really can play that big a role? As far as I've heard there are no conclusions yet on why a person is homosexual vs heterosexual.

But in the end all that matters is that Ahmadinejad said “In Iran we don’t have homosexuality like you have in [America],” and he was right. Even if it's being witheld and kept in secret, it isn't an apparent or proven part of his country's culture, and so there really is nothing to laugh at, apart from the stupidity of his audience in failing to recognize the environment where his comment comes from.

It's sad that Ahmadinejad's forum was opened with the accusation that he is petty and cruel, when in fact that is what his audience was to him.

The problem with Ahmadinejad is that his words require you to have a working brain to understand them. Then again, I think that problem it to do with his audience, and not him.

Quote:

Bollinger described Ahmadinejad as having a "fanatical mindset" for making statements like wanting Israel to be “wiped off the map.”

Yet Ahmadinejad has never said this... why are so many in the US so, so, very stupid? This fool and coward Bollinger merely set up Ahmadinejad for ridicule, caving to all the criticism he received in response to inviting him in the first place.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7450502 - 09/25/07 04:08 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2:

Ahmadinejad simply must be understood as being innocent because of America's slant agansit Iran, right? :rolleyes:

The question was pertaining to persecution of women and homosexuals in Iran, to which he denies by saying that there are not homosexuals in Iran, as America has them, thereby denying any persecution.... yet.... there clearly is persecution of homosexuals in Iran.

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2005/11/8b051428-5f0a-45c0-b1e4-e60688f189c5.html

And you feel it grounded to propose that the president of Iran is simply unknowing of their being homosexuals in Iran? That's just baseless wishful thinking, and it seems you are far more interested in defending Iran from criticism than actually looking at the situation for what it really is.

The fact is that it is a proven and apparent aspect of Iranian culture, to anyone who doesn't feel the need to defend Iran, and the fact is that it is proven that the Iranian culture and government persecutes homosexuals, as evidenced by their laws, by the hanging of homosexuals, etc. For someone like the president of Iran, surely a hanging of homosexuals in one's country that doesn't occur every day doesn't escape one. For a practitioner of Islam, surely the decree that homosexuals should be put to death, which is thus also Iranian law, doesn't escape one.

Your entire defense is that he simply wouldn't know the truth, which is unsubstantiated, and extremely unlikely.

Quote:

Yet Ahmadinejad has never said this... why are so many in the US so, so, very stupid?

Um, perhaps some Americans actually can hear what was clearly stated? :shocked:

Quote:

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Wednesday lambasted Israel and Zionism and quoted the late Ayatollah Khomeini calling for Israel to be "wiped out from the map."

Quote:

Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, who said that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA.

So, what, he didn't say it because he isn't the one who first said it? :what: The fact that he said it is truth, and his following, original statement confirms that he purposely used the quote for its intended meaning.

If your contention that he did not say it rest solely on the fact that he was quoting another of the same movement that said it, then its just sad. :rolleyes:

Iran just couldn't be guilty of any wrongdoing, eh, because America is out to get them? :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7450518 - 09/25/07 04:26 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You're not on the page at all.

Your opening and closing sentences are neither here nor there.

“In Iran we don’t have homosexuality like you have in [America],” is a true statement, and cases of homosexuality in Iran do not discount it. It's too bad that you don't comprehend that sentence.

Ahmadinejad has never called for Israel to be "wiped off the map," neither did Ayatollah Khomeini, whom Ahmadinejad quoted. You need to do some real research and not be such a soft target for propaganda.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: Disco Cat]
    #7450537 - 09/25/07 04:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Disco Cat said:
In Iran we don’t have homosexuality like you have in [America],” is a true statement, and cases of homosexuality in Iran do not discount it. It's too bad that you don't comprehend that sentence.

Its too bad that Ahmadinejad could not comprehend the question that he was asked, isn't it? The question was in regards to persecution of homosexuals in Iran, which is a fact. How does saying "we don't have homosexuality like you have in America" pertaining to that question in the slightest, unless it was a statement that the question did not apply, because of said lack of homosexuals?

So, either the statement is true in that Iran does not have an openly displayed homosexual culture, because of their persecution of homosexuals, thus implying that they do persecute, or he intended to say that there were no homosexuals in Iran, which would be false.

Either way you look at it, it still doesn't look good for himself or the state of Iran in regards to homosexuality and their persecution. :shrug:

Quote:

Ahmadinejad has never called for Israel to be "wiped off the map," neither did Ayatollah Khomeini, whom Ahmadinejad quoted. You need to do some real research and not be such a soft target for propaganda.

Quote:

Ahmadinejad quoted a remark from Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini, the founder of Iran's Islamic revolution, who said that Israel "must be wiped out from the map of the world."

The president then said: "And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," according to a quote published by IRNA.

So then, you are saying that it was never said that Israel "must be wiped from the map of the world", and that "we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism"? :what:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Iranian President Denies Existence Of Homos In Iran [Re: fireworks_god]
    #7450543 - 09/25/07 04:53 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

How does saying "we don't have homosexuality like you have in America" pertaining to that question in the slightest, unless it was a statement that the question did not apply, because of said lack of homosexuals?

Who cares? I only talked about whether it was a laughable statement in view of his culture vs US'. And you should have typed instead because of said comparative lack of homosexuals.

Quote:

So then, you are saying that it was never said that Israel "must be wiped from the map of the world"

Obviously. Do some homework. To give you a nudge in the right direction, here is the exact quote:
"Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

Here's another shocker for you: Ahmadinejad does not deny the Holocaust.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale