Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
No such thing as a bad trip.
    #7446388 - 09/24/07 12:54 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Me and my friends don't believe in bad trips, and let me tell you why before you say "oh you've never had a bad trip."

My trip before last was the most intense psychological experience of my life. I won't go into much details, besides what you must know. Me and 3 other buddies all ate approx. 8.2 grams at once. (I don't believe in eating a few, then taking more a few hours later. Your either doing the drugs for maximum effects or your being a pussy about it.)Have you know we sat in a basement during the entire trip, letting the mushrooms completely consume us. Anyways fast forward to the point where we are peaking.

What happened to my friend is something that I've never heard or read in a trip report. So I gave it my own diagnosis.

Temporary Psychosis. My friend had lost all touch with reality. He didn't know his name, didn't know who he was. He didn't even respond to verbal orders after he threw up on himself. Orders like Adam take off your shirt.

Which brings me to my next point, I just read a trip report about a guy not knowing who his mom was, or he was etc. etc. I also experienced the exact same thing this night, along with the "void". Things that I am almost positive are associated with heavier doses.

Now I ask you why should such things be taken as such? You take the drug wanting a feeling of craziness, wanting a feeling of total confusion, so why is that a bad trip?

Everything in life, as well as on shrooms is an experience. If you people who have had a "bad trip" stop and think about why it is a bad trip, it is things you've created yourself. The shrooms are 50% of it, the other 50% is how one reacts. The drug is doing exactly what you want it to, push your brain to the limit of infinity.

Then you say oh well you've never had a bad trip.

There has been plenty of times where I've started to feel uncomfortable inside my own head, you start asking yourself why you took the drug, start asking yourself when it is going to end. Then by that time you've tripped yourself into a "bad trip".

I guess shrooms separate the weak minded from the strong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiamonds808
New love formushies.
Female

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: MindGorilla]
    #7446575 - 09/24/07 03:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

On some 2c-b: My friend completely lost it and (in her own mind) thought that I had sex with this guy she liked and about 10 other guys. While I was trying to calm her down because she was screaming and crying like crazy calling me a slut and running away from me. I would call that a bad trip. It lasted for about an hour till the 2c-b starting wearing off.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Diamonds808]
    #7446582 - 09/24/07 03:32 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I understand what you're trying to say.
But a trip is either good or bad, fun or not fun. It's hit and miss.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

I've had many trips, many bad and many good. But to be honest, and to back you up, I guess the bad ones were trips that I had no idea what I expected to get out of it.

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Loc: Washington
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: MindGorilla] * 3
    #7446625 - 09/24/07 05:00 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

MindGorilla, you make yourself sound ignorant when you say you don't believe in bad trips, and then you start putting your own interpretations on trip events based on what you *know so far* about the psychedelic experience. Let me use your post to illustrate what I'm saying:

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
Me and my friends don't believe in bad trips, and let me tell you why before you say "oh you've never had a bad trip."

You start your post off defensively, for one thing.
Quote:

Your either doing the drugs for maximum effects or your being a pussy about it.)

Your way or the highway, is it? Comments like this are insipid, seriously. I'm not typically out to criticize, but when you start insulting other people and their viewpoints, and proclaim your way as the best way, I feel a need to say something. It's the foolhardy notions like "psychedelics are only fun if you take a shitload" that get people in trouble, and start poisoning the waters of information in the psychedelic community. Have some respect or something. Some people find the lower stages of psychedelic consciousness to be invigorating and meaningful.

Quote:

What happened to my friend is something that I've never heard or read in a trip report. So I gave it my own diagnosis.

If only our doctors would treat us with that kind of scientific approach!...

DOCTOR: "Well Stan, I must say, I haven't read about anything like this before in my medical books... so I'm going to diagnose your ailment as 'morglebiffitis'!

Quote:

Temporary Psychosis. My friend had lost all touch with reality. He didn't know his name, didn't know who he was. He didn't even respond to verbal orders after he threw up on himself. Orders like Adam take off your shirt.

Oh, and I always thought "ego loss" was the common term. In this case it sounds like there was too much commotion for him to reach a pure ego death state. May I ask why people were ordering him around when he's experiencing ego loss and throwing up? It's important to remain ultra-sensitive to people in the heavy psychedelic states, even if it means letting him sit with barf on his shirt for a few minutes.

Quote:

Which brings me to my next point, I just read a trip report about a guy not knowing who his mom was, or he was etc. etc. I also experienced the exact same thing this night, along with the "void". Things that I am almost positive are associated with heavier doses.

Read up on 'Ego Loss' and 'Ego Death'. You are right that those effects are related with heavier (or potent) doses. Quite simply, ego death is the state you are in when your entire sense of self and familiar reality completely disappears, and your only awareness that remains is just of "being". In this state, the person commonly experiences bright light and spiritual visions that are divested directly from the core of the unconscious. Some, or even most people don't make it to that complete transcendence, but the stages of ego loss prior to transcendence often cause a person to forget who people are or what reality is... but because people are so often surrounded by distractions, their ego finds ways of pulling them back into ego-related reality with mind games, hallucinations, etc.

Quote:

Now I ask you why should such things be taken as such? You take the drug wanting a feeling of craziness, wanting a feeling of total confusion, so why is that a bad trip?

It's more complicated than that to describe, but it's also simple in its essence. During the psychedelic experience, different layers of our consciousness are peeled off, bringing us to a closer awareness and conscious proximity to our subconscious and unconscious. As long as a person is actively engaged in ego reality activities like rationalizing, pondering, eating, moving, etc, then the effects of the unconscious on the conscious will be more limited, and the chance of a true bad trip is lessened. But if you are motionless in a dark place on a high dose psychedelic trip for a significant period of time (1 hour or more), your awareness of your physical body, of your surroundings, and reality, will become heavily decreased because your ego is not actively engaged, and so your unconscious floods through.

I don't care who you are, but every person has things in their unconscious that are frightening and traumatic that have accumulated through life experience. Sometimes those things are buried so deep beneath normal active consciousness that it takes a lot for them to be unearthed. Repressed memories tend to spring forth during these times as well. It's during these times, when the fearful and ugly things break through the walls of consciousness that a bad trip might begin. It's possible to face these things without having a bad trip, and that is accomplished by complete acceptance of what you are experiencing.

But for the person that is swept into a bad trip, it feels nothing like your usual shroom (mescaline, lsd) trip. The strongest fears of your core manifest themselves in every possible manner, through horrifying emotions and panic, sensations that feel like death, and the entire visual field is overlaid with grotesque colors and visions that, although sometimes ambiguous and vague, simply transmit an allusion of evil in their nature.

All it takes is the right trigger or a complete surrender to the psychedelic state to unearth these things, and unless you have had the proper experience to learn how to let the hellish things move through you and past you (which takes a lot), you more often than not will end up in a bad trip.

Quote:

Everything in life, as well as on shrooms is an experience. If you people who have had a "bad trip" stop and think about why it is a bad trip, it is things you've created yourself.

That's like someone who has never golfed giving an advice to a golfer on how to swing. Although you are partially right that our bad trips consist of things we have often created ourselves, that realization will not help a person deal with a bad trip. The best advice I have for someone who is entering a bad trip is to accept every image or sensation as it comes, welcome it no matter how frightening, and allow it to flow. Then begin to meditate on your spiritual ideal (Jesus, Buddha, or your own concept of spiritual perfection), and let yourself be drawn in to the light places as they arise.

Bad trips are often deceptive, because once you find yourself in one, the fears and the barrage of delusions involving death or insanity can appear so strong and overpowering; so even if a person reminds themself ahead of time that they should just remain calm and accept the experience, they can still find themselves ill-prepared when it hits. It's important to keep in mind the deceptive nature of unconscious bad trip manifestations like mocking hallucinations, apparitions of evil, or wildly irrational thoughts that can convince a person they've lost their mind.

Quote:

The shrooms are 50% of it, the other 50% is how one reacts. The drug is doing exactly what you want it to, push your brain to the limit of infinity.

Then you say oh well you've never had a bad trip.

I'm glad you've gone to the trouble to calculate the ratio for us, and that you tell us what we want drugs to do to us.

Quote:

There has been plenty of times where I've started to feel uncomfortable inside my own head, you start asking yourself why you took the drug, start asking yourself when it is going to end. Then by that time you've tripped yourself into a "bad trip".

Well, you are fortunate (or perhaps unfortunate, seeing that many people find bad trips valuable later on) that you haven't been pulled into a bad trip yet. Just because you've shrugged off some trip anxieties doesn't grant you an immunity to bad trips, or make them any less of a reality.

I've learned from my own subjective experiences that people who least expect a bad trip to happen to them tend to have some of the worst bad trips compared to other people, and perhaps that is because their alertness and vigilance becomes compromised over time as they become increasingly confident in the tripping state. But self-confidence in the tripping state is really dangerous, because the trip down can be a lot farther, and the impact that much stronger. An ego death trip is truly humbling.

By the way, MindGorilla, I've written these things to you, not to single you out or purport to be more advanced or something, but because I identified what I think is a risky mentality (to you, and for others), and I wanted to demonstrate another viewpoint. I was once a person who couldn't imagine such a thing as a "bad trip" until it happened. And because I thought I couldn't experience a bad trip, I interpreted what was happening as ACTUAL death, physiological problems, impending heart failure!.. not because I was ignorant about mushrooms, but because I underestimated the psychedelic state and the potential for bad trips, and was completely overtaken by my fears.

Quote:

I guess shrooms separate the weak minded from the strong.

That statement reeks of egotism and condescension. Shrooms aren't about separating people into groups. Mushrooms can help a weak-minded person see their anxieties and trepidations in a new light, and help them become stronger, while at the same time exposing a "strong" person to some frightening realms of consciousness perhaps unaddressed and bringing them to their hands in knees in fear or humility. We all have the potential for weakness or strength, so why separate?

--------------------

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: matchbook]
    #7446643 - 09/24/07 05:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

MindGorilla,

Another thing that I thought of asking you is what kind of environments have you tried tripping in, and have you ever let yourself meditate for long periods, especially around the peak? There's a big difference between 8 grams of mushrooms when you are surrounded by friends, computer, music, or engageable material, compared to 8 grams in a sensory deprivation tank for 2 hours through the peak. Believe me, the nature of the trip would be completely different.

Since I mentioned reading up on ego loss and ego death, here is a book that you might find interesting: "The Psychedelic Experience" by Timothy Leary, online on Erowid.

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/psychedelic_experience/psychedelic_experience.shtml

Even if you are not particularly receptive to the Tibetan religious/spiritual overtone throughout the book, it contains many nuggets of priceless gold about the levels of transcendent consciousness, how to handle them, and how to foil the traps of the ego. Some of the suggestions contained therein may not be relevant to you, but the majority of it you will probably find useful.

--------------------

Invisiblebotha
Male

#7447014 - 09/24/07 09:14 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i was thinking about it today. usually if ppl get panic attack while on drug then the trip is automatically called bad trip.

but there is a difference between bad trip and casual panic attack - see, panic attack lasts usually not longer than a minute, because when you panic, your body will start to produce adrenaline.. and the more adrenaline is produced it may make you more sober.. so you are able to think even if your like.. under the influence of drug (i usually take low doses, i dont have that problem that i just fall down not givin shit about anything).

oh and.. to me mushrooms arent for tripping. It's a fruit of gods, it will make u smart and high, ffs normal person doesnt enjoy the situation where he cant understand whats happening around him. .. we use shrooms / MJ to understand things better .. right!? But if you're abusing it.. then dont whine that u had a bad trip. (panic attack)... cuz we're been warned about it

"shrooms can help you or kill you" or so.. good luck everybody :smile:

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: botha]
    #7447261 - 09/24/07 10:54 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I understand what you're attempting to say and in my whole life I've only ever had one "bad" drug experience and that wasn't on anything more than a few too many hash cakes.

However to suggest there's nothing "bad" about a bad trip or that its actually good etc. is IMO just silly.

EVERY human has weaknesses whether they be physical, mental, emotional, personality disorder type thingies etc.

A trip can bring that out and not juts that but SOME people are not capable or dealing with whatever weakness they may have or at least not right there and then. SOme people have suffered much more in life than others. Some have greater day to day tests for a variety of reasons.

Maybe their life unfolds and they learn form it etc. but some people never do. You find people nearing a century and they still have SERIOUS personality issues.

That doesn't make them bad or "evil" it just means they're human.

We’d all like to think we learn and grow and better ourselves but maybe the people who feel this most are privileged in many ways and have lived privileged lives. I'm not talking about money etc. but a million things more to do with resources and nature/nurture etc.

To think someone who faces a paralysing fear on shrooms but is not able to deal with it and freaks out is somehow inferior or doesn’t understand that all trips are good seems narrow minded and somewhat egotistical IMO.

It seems to be one of those things where you can just start saying "its all in the mind" as that can be true of everything. And yet essentially it really isn’t.

Imagine being someone who suffered something unbearably inhumane in their lives, something that you most probably will never know; torture, physical, sexual, emotional abuse, or other horrendous things that this world consists of and maybe taking shrooms and not being able to resolve whatever experience that is.

To think the world makes sense as a kind and gentle place where only goodness happens is the only way IMO we could safely suggest that you never have a bad trip.

But the world is horrendously cruel and unjust etc. and it’s merely our ability to come to terms with that fact or indeed avoid it which gives us greater ability to deal with trips in a more positive light.

Maybe that’s simply because our lives, as stated previously are easier and more privileged?

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: redpoppy]
    #7447302 - 09/24/07 11:08 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

mind gorilla, no offence but you sound way to inexperienced to be the person to clarify that their is no such thing as a bad trip.

you were tripping with 3 people, that hardly sets the enviroment for a complete mental breakdown and total destruction of ego and everything you think you know.

you may trip 100 times, or a 1000 times, but eventually mushrooms will rip you a new asshole just to show you how weak the human mind is.

you just havent been their yet, junior.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Edited by sandman_130 (09/24/07 11:14 AM)

OfflineBuddyGuy
Stranger

Loc: The Baltic States
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: sandman_130]
    #7447436 - 09/24/07 11:48 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

There is this little thing called depression..which can come up in a bad trip and no sane person would call that a okay trip.

--------------------

OfflineMindGorilla
Stranger
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: sandman_130]
    #7447493 - 09/24/07 12:11 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Let me first start of by saying that if I offended anyone, that was not my intention.

Now to respond to you matchbook.

Quote:

matchbook said:Your way or the highway, is it? Comments like this are insipid, seriously. I'm not typically out to criticize, but when you start insulting other people and their viewpoints, and proclaim your way as the best way, I feel a need to say something. It's the foolhardy notions like "psychedelics are only fun if you take a shitload" that get people in trouble, and start poisoning the waters of information in the psychedelic community. Have some respect or something. Some people find the lower stages of psychedelic consciousness to be invigorating and meaningful.[/quote

I never said anything about taking a shit load, or taking a little was wrong. What I did say and meant that taking the dosages at two separate times is just a waste. Thats just me voicing my opinion, it is a forum.

Quote:

matchbook said:Oh, and I always thought "ego loss" was the common term. In this case it sounds like there was too much commotion for him to reach a pure ego death state. May I ask why people were ordering him around when he's experiencing ego loss and throwing up? It's important to remain ultra-sensitive to people in the heavy psychedelic states, even if it means letting him sit with barf on his shirt for a few minutes.

Actually I didn't know the term, so thanks for the little FYI. To go into a little bit more detail about the trip, we didn't realize he had reached "ego loss" until my friend turned on the lights. We actually sat in the basement for a period of time with the lights off. Probably what pushed him over the edge. There was only 3 of us in the basement, my other friend was upstairs. Only me and my friend were talking to each other. Well Adam drifted into his own little world for about 3 hours before we even realized he hadn't said a word. By that time it was too late to reach him, he was so lost inside his head.

If you would have read my first line, you would have come to understand that me and my friends really don't believe in bad trips. Even after he came out of this ego death, he wasn't afraid or scared. Hell he didn't even say he had a bad trip. He even went as far to say it was a great time, because like I said, it was an experience.

Matchbook, like I said earlier in this post, I have in fact sat in a pitch black room, complete silence. I didn't doodle around on the computer, video games etc. etc. I sat there let them consume us.

If you don't think I've had a bad trip I'm going to tell you one thing that has happend to me and you take it as you will.

I've been to the point where I've accepted the fact my life was over. Time? Family? Life? None of it made sense, while it was all so clear. That was the day my life changed, I'm sure many haven't experience it, while many have. But unless you've guys have gotten to the point where it is easier to accept your life is over, then try and figure anything out, then you can talk.

All I'm going to say is you take shrooms, you know what they are going to do. They are going to fuck with your head, fuck with your emotions, fuck with you. Now if you are not strong mindedenough to come to the realization your on a drug, that is no ones fault but your own.

OfflineStizzle
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Tuvalu
    #7447515 - 09/24/07 12:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Shit happens not everything can turn out good.

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: Stizzle]
    #7447613 - 09/24/07 12:56 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

If you look at a "bad trip" in a positive and logical way, there is no such thing a bad trip

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinesandman_130
Neo-Classical Spiritualist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: danlennon3]
    #7447637 - 09/24/07 01:09 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

this guy is just a rook talkin smack.

--------------------
:mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand.":mushroom2::mushroom2::mushroom2:

:sunny::mushroom2:Maria Sabina:mushroom2::sunny:

Offlineredpoppy
Stranger

#7447696 - 09/24/07 01:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
All I'm going to say is you take shrooms, you know what they are going to do. They are going to fuck with your head, fuck with your emotions, fuck with you. Now if you are not strong mindedenough to come to the realization your on a drug, that is no ones fault but your own.

So THEREFORE if you're not "strongminded" enough then you have abad trip.

And who are you to judge someone as "strong minded" enoguh if they've had to deal with being molested by an uncle as a child/ being told to rape their sister as a child/ having to live through their family dying in a war etc. etc. etc.?

Maybethey thought takign mushrooms would help them but made them completley unable to do so.

wake up and stop judging others as inferior to you based in your life's limited experiences.

And before anyone gets het up. we all have limited experiences.

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: redpoppy]
    #7447715 - 09/24/07 01:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i believe in bad trips, but ive never had one.

some people get locked into their negative thought loops for the duration of the experience and sometimes it even lasts after the trip. i would call that a bad trip,

my definition

bad trip = a trip that hurt you(in the next few days) instead of helping you.

OfflineF1234K
Wizard Of Tryptamines
Male

Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: pong]
    #7447933 - 09/24/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ive tripped many a time on various things and never once had a bad trip, I dont really know what one would be because If I saw demons or something I would just think there cool.

--------------------
Im Not Living, Im Just Killing Time

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: No such thing as a bad trip. [Re: F1234K]
    #7448065 - 09/24/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Matchbook-- +5 shrooms for you-- excellent observations.

mindgorilla-- whatever... you make some so-so/decent points, but it's clear to any experienced tripper that you have not seen all there is to see. Period.

I've tripped a lot myself, but I know I've seen only the tip of the iceberg-- a lifetime of using these drugs would still leave doors unopened-- no one person ever sees/opens them all.

You are fine and well to tell us how "you" have experienced tripping so far, but what trivializes and discredits your statements is the judgment you so blithely pass onto everyone else.

Learn.
Grow.

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinematchbook
Photographer

#7448270 - 09/24/07 04:28 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
I never said anything about taking a shit load, or taking a little was wrong. What I did say and meant that taking the dosages at two separate times is just a waste. Thats just me voicing my opinion, it is a forum.

Quote:

MindGorilla said:(I don't believe in eating a few, then taking more a few hours later. Your either doing the drugs for maximum effects or your being a pussy about it.)

No, you didn't say "shit load", you simply inferred it by saying that if you aren't going for "maximum effects" (which requires high dosing, of course) then you are being a "pussy". I understand that you have a preference on how to dose, but alienating members of the psychedelic community is no way to convey it.

Quote:

MindGorilla said:If you would have read my first line, you would have come to understand that me and my friends really don't believe in bad trips. Even after he came out of this ego death, he wasn't afraid or scared. Hell he didn't even say he had a bad trip. He even went as far to say it was a great time, because like I said, it was an experience.

I think you made your beliefs apparent. So he didn't have a bad trip, neither did you! So far, every day that I've gone out of my house and driven my car, I haven't been in one accident...the factors to create one just haven't converged yet! That doesn't mean I won't be in one someday. The same applies to you, even though you may be less *susceptible*. How can you wish to support your beliefs and theories of the psychedelic state when you transparently know quite little in relation to what there is to know?

Quote:

MindGorilla said:Matchbook, like I said earlier in this post, I have in fact sat in a pitch black room, complete silence. I didn't doodle around on the computer, video games etc. etc. I sat there let them consume us.

Alright, I just wondered, because you weren't particularly specific on how long you were silently in the dark for.

Quote:

MindGorilla said:
I've been to the point where I've accepted the fact my life was over. Time? Family? Life? None of it made sense, while it was all so clear. That was the day my life changed, I'm sure many haven't experience it, while many have. But unless you've guys have gotten to the point where it is easier to accept your life is over, then try and figure anything out, then you can talk.

I experienced that a few years ago. But having that experience and getting to that point does not mean that there are not factors that can change your entire perception of life and death. I went from having no fear of the psychedelic state and welcoming in whatever the state wished to bestow, to being jolted into a neurotic rebirth that has affected me for almost a year now. All it takes is that one bad trip, but did I ever learn a lot from it, mostly from hard-learned lessons!

Quote:

MindGorilla said:All I'm going to say is you take shrooms, you know what they are going to do. They are going to fuck with your head, fuck with your emotions, fuck with you. Now if you are not strong mindedenough to come to the realization your on a drug, that is no ones fault but your own.

I'd like to point out that although you are speaking with confidence in your knowledge, the actual substance of what you are saying is ambiguous, at least to me. No one who takes shrooms can know what they are going to do. There are only a few certainties that you can expect from mushrooms, and a myriad of unexpected possibilities. The range of possibilities from a trip from person to person is incalculable.

Knowing you are on a drug doesn't have anything to do with strong-mindedness.. where do you come up with these ideas? In the complete absence of ego during ego death, not only may you forget you are on a drug, you won't even understand what the concept of a "drug" is. And if during that time you experience something that propels you into a bad trip and you reenter ego reality (usually due to resisting the effects), the sudden shift in consciousness will probably leave you very confused for a time, because it takes time to regain the use of your rationalizing, logical mind after reentering. It's at that time when a person may have the impression that they've lost their mind, or that they are going to die and sink into hell for eternity; any number of irrational thoughts may be believable at that time.

From my experience, I can tell you that it's easy to think you understand a lot about psychedelics and the mindsets you enter during those times, because I have at times in the past thought I knew a lot, only to find that I had scarcely scratched the surface. I think you would benefit from some serious reading like the Leary book I posted for you, instead of having your ideations unravel a string of theories based largely from your own experience. It's important to balance the subjective and objective, and to be receptive to the knowledge of experts that have devoted their lives to understanding more. Too much subjectivity and you make yourself vulnerable to being driven by irrationality and predetermined ideas stemming from your internal belief system, which can be dangerous if it is not balanced with the objective learning process and a wide range of ideas and opinions from others who know more. Don't get me wrong; it's important to form your own theories and ideas, and many amazing things have come from individuals on psychedelics, but the line that separates delusion and inspiration is sometimes very obscure, and it's important to be mindful of one's predispositions.

--------------------

OfflineTBags
First TimeGrower!

#7448467 - 09/24/07 05:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

...i love matchbook

Offlinelogano
Stranger

#9107614 - 10/21/08 12:06 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you so much matchbox. In all my experiences taking mushrooms i've never had a bad trip. What i considered to be a bad trip, and everyone i know does too, is simply their uncomfortable feelings that arise and have trouble dealing with during the trip. Because i thought it was simply anxiety during a trip, i have always been able to control those simple emotions.And i have become much more comfortable with my tripping state.
Reading this thread however has proved me wrong. I think i was under the same impression as mindgorilla, that a bad trip could be turned around at any second by stopping a negative thought pattern. It seemed so simple to me, and i didn't understand why people had bad trips. Im almost positive that all the people i know that have ever said that they've had a bad trip is nothing compared to ego loss or ego death.
I have had moments of clarity, which seems to be the exact opposite of a bad trip. Everything i saw (which was me in the mirror) made no sense, yet at the same time i understood everything.
Anyways thank you matchbox, hopefully when a bad trip comes i'll know what it is. At least after the fact :]

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order