Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushieCap
Stranger

deeper insight on innoculating?
    #7444527 - 09/23/07 03:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

just wondering how important is it to have glove box? would using an antibacterial spray to spray a closed room be good enough before innoculating? i've been reading up on using electrical tape and micropore tape. and some thread say you can poke the needle through the tape when innoculating and i remember another one saying that i should remove the tape to inoculate. kind of confused as to whats the best method. i also have some of that silicone sealant too but i'm afraid when i pressure cook my jars it might melt it? i read up on these subjects but just want a little more insight on them. thanks!

p.s. hope this journey of the learning process of asking questions wont bother some of you experts =)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: deeper insight on inoculating? [Re: MushieCap]
    #7444549 - 09/23/07 03:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

never used silicone but I feel that it would be safe in a PC
as for the tape - when you PC the jars you should have holes for inoculation on the lids. when inoculating you unwrap foil quickly inoculate then put sterile micropore take over the holes
if doing rye you should have something like tyvek over the lids
hope that helps a little

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: deeper insight on innoculating? [Re: MushieCap]
    #7444550 - 09/23/07 03:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

open air inoculations are fine, though i suggest doing it in a still air environment, without the a/c or heater on.

as for sterility, your method will vary depending on what type of jars, tapes, tyveks, polyfils, etc that you use.

but in essence, its a good idea to swab the area you're about to inject with alcohol prior to doing the do.

just make sure the hole you make is exposed to open air as little as possible, as sterile as possible, and get some kind of filter/tape/etc over it as soon as you're finished.

if concerned about silicone sealant in pressure cooker, get high temp stuff.

--------------------

OfflineMushieCap
Stranger

Re: deeper insight on innoculating? [Re: dysphoria]
    #7444932 - 09/23/07 05:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ah.. okkay sweet. would piercing the tape be wise? or just take it off inoculate and then put that porous tape on? or....pierce it and put some more electrical tape on and wait for the mycelium to grow and then...replace the tape with porous tape for gas exchange?

OfflinePhreakr
Exploration of Space

Re: deeper insight on innoculating? [Re: MushieCap]
    #7444991 - 09/23/07 05:57 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

no idea where you read abuot electrical tape... i'd go with the method that was said earlier, put foil over your jars, pressure cook them, take the foil off to inoculate them, then once you inoculate through your 4 holes, put micropore tape over the holes, and dont worry about replacing the foil ontop. Will work fine.

--------------------

I'm After some Panaeolus Cyanescens, PM me to trade.

Offlinesidewayz6.6
Bewildered White Boy

Loc: USA Flag
Re: deeper insight on innoculating? [Re: Phreakr]
    #7445066 - 09/23/07 06:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Silicone will be fine. They make stuff out of silicone to seal gaskets on automobile engines.

--------------------

Anything I post is purely theoretical, and not based in reality.  All pictures are from google.

A big part of me has died inside and I don't know if it will ever come back.  Nothing makes me happy anymore.  I use drugs and alcohol to numb the pain, and my sense of humor to hide the rest.  I don't share these feelings with anyone in real life.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom