Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesweetsugarhazel
They Call Me V
Female
Loc: Maryland-ish.
Questions About Building a Terrarium
    #7431971 - 09/20/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

I currently have 6 inoculated jars of mycelium, 4 of which are ready to fruit. I have been trying to get the best information on building a terrarium, but (blaming this on being a girl) I kinda get lost when looking at the diagrams that I found with my PFtek info. I was hoping that somebody could give me a little bit more of a detailed step-by-step on how I could successfully build one...

I'm working with limited space as I was planning to grow them in my dorm room.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVegan
using the searchbutton
Male User Gallery

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: sweetsugarhazel]
    #7432125 - 09/20/07 12:35 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

since you are girl Ill try to be very specific..

get a rubbermaid tub big enough to fit all your cakes.. drill about 10 holes in all the sides of it (6)(or you can heat some kind of metal object about a 1/4" size and melt the holes in the tub...)
top , bottom , sides --all of em --
then wet enough perilte and drain it and fill the bottom of the tub to about 5" thick (prolly one bag).and you are done

check you tube for Roger Rabbits mushroom vids

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6950605#6950605

jk about being a girl

--------------------
I came, I saw , I came back

Edited by Vegan (09/20/07 12:40 PM)

Offlineskattman1982
Stranger
Male

#7432127 - 09/20/07 12:36 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

from a buddy of mine who has grown pounds upon pounds. just get yourself a rubbermade container with top. to that add a layer of perlite (1-2") that you have soaked with water. add your cakes and the perlite should keep things moist enough. you need to open once or twice a day to fan for air exchange and i'd recommend a humidity guage and a sprayer. if the humidity gets too low (under 90%) just mist over your cakes and close back up.

peace.

--------------------
They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do, just as well. You just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.-Bill Hicks-

by the way, everything i write is for entertainment purposes and is purely fictional. do not construe these written words with the author having any knowledge of actual persons, places, events, or actions.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: Vegan]
    #7432175 - 09/20/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Vegan said:
check you tube for Roger Rabbits mushroom vids

if you plan to cultivate much i'd suggest you buy RR's video... it's super handy... stick around here too theres a plethora of information here.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Offlinesweetsugarhazel
They Call Me V
Female

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: Vegan]
    #7447207 - 09/24/07 10:30 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

thank you so much! i birthed my jars this morning so i guess we'll see how that works...

i put a heating pad underneath the rubbermaid container-- both to keep the temperature around a decent 75-80 degrees and because i was hoping that heating the water would help add humidity to my chamber. i'm not sure if you have any experiance with that, and/or what you think about that. figured i'd throw that out there, though.

and i'll def be sticking around this site.

thanks again,
v

OfflineaVeryFungi
MycoJunkie
Male User Gallery

Loc: The South
    #7447222 - 09/24/07 10:37 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

You probably don't need the heating pad you should be around 74 degrees not higher that is just IME.

Offlineoh_ollie
Spores for thepoor?
 User Gallery

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: aVeryFungi]
    #7447454 - 09/24/07 11:55 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

im making a habit of hijacking other peoples threads.

im growing in a dark area and need a light for the mushrooms. ive heard a blue light is best or something that represents daylight as much as possible. is this true? and what sort of wattage will i need?

--------------------
"I don't have big anxieties. I wish I did. I'd be much more interesting." - Roy Lichtenstein

"I like the idea of taking a right into nature instead of a left to a grocery store." - akb112211

Offlinerodfarva
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=====-----=-=-=-=-I
Male

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: aVeryFungi]
    #7447459 - 09/24/07 11:58 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

i use whatever is laying around, just read and watched all the teks and used what was here. i have a mixing bowl in there with an old fish tank pump (modified filter) a sterilite that doubbles as my glove box sometimes. a plate over the hole in the lid, a cat litter tray, some upsidedown rocks glasses, etc... etc... dont forget to have some beer and snacks around for the hard times .

i think im developing a co-ed shroom grower fetish because of this thread :laugh:

dont get cought.

--------------------

Offlinejuende
feministpresence

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: rodfarva]
    #7447583 - 09/24/07 12:47 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

perilite and a rubbermaid tub is staple yo! make sure you have lots of air exchange.
Vegan, when drilling the holes do you put a breathable material in the holes? i'd be worried about contamination if she has to do it all secret agent style in a closet on corner.

Offlinesweetsugarhazel
They Call Me V
Female

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: oh_ollie]
    #7451231 - 09/25/07 10:26 AM (16 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7279907#7279907

check out the search feature. its actually pretty useful.

and what is the point of jacking someone's thread? i'd think you would get better results starting your own.

Offlineallreadyused
The Liquor
Male

Loc: Trailer Park, Nova Scotia
    #7451869 - 09/25/07 01:25 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

sweetsugarhazel said:
I was planning to grow them in my dorm room.

Just thought I should mention since your growing in a dorm and nobody else did. Don't tell anybody your growing, not friends, family, boyfriend (girlfriend?), etc. I assume you have a roommate and she knows. This is already too many people; make sure she keeps her mouth shut. If you get busted growing in a dorm your fucked. You can be charged with manufacture of a controlled substance and will most likely be kicked out of the dorm and probably the college too. When I was living in a dorm 8 years ago I knew a lot of people who got thrown out of the dorms just for being caught with weed in the room; not growing, not selling, just possession. Visit the security and safety forum and read up. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/46
As far as your fruiting chamber a rubbermaid works great. They come in mays sizes any you'll be able to find one to fit your closet. A Lowes or Home Depot will have more of a selection than a department store like Walmart. You don't need much light for fruiting; if you open the door of the closet slightly this should provide enough light. Otherwise a small fish tank light or plug in fluorescent will work.

--------------------
Everything I say is for entertainment.

Fuck the ASPCA

Offlinesweetsugarhazel
They Call Me V
Female

Re: Questions About Building a Terrarium [Re: allreadyused]
    #7456267 - 09/26/07 03:58 PM (16 years, 5 months ago)

definitely thank you!

yeah, that is a good point about the security issue...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix