Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness?
    #7397000 - 09/11/07 03:47 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

This theme has seeped around the edges all during my many years here.

Someone has a sleep disorder: alien visitation

Someone has a neurological disorder: kundalini

Someone is delusional: they are creating new worlds with the power of their mind.

The three suicides here ALL thought they were in touch with higher powers/energies and were on a special mission.

On and on it goes.

Bottom line: the more spiritual you are, the more JOY and CLARITY you achieve/feel and the more GROUNDED IN REALITY you become.

--------------------

Edited by OrgoneConclusion (09/11/07 04:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7397026 - 09/11/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:smile: Good post, man.

There have been three suicides here??

Also, "power mind": that's a new one to me.:lol:

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7397079 - 09/11/07 04:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Don't get nervous dude. I could see your aura and it needs healing. :hippie:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7397175 - 09/11/07 04:25 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Healing or fondling? :naughty:

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #7397181 - 09/11/07 04:26 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

most "new" souls have this anger and aggression.

lawls.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7397201 - 09/11/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Anger and aggression? Methinks you are hallucinating or got lost in the wrong thread.

--------------------

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
    #7397217 - 09/11/07 04:36 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

thats exactly what an Indigo child would say.:rastana:

there is no need to yell during a civil debate Orgone. Settle down and harness your chi.

Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #7397239 - 09/11/07 04:41 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Harness my chi(a)?

--------------------

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

#7400261 - 09/12/07 10:58 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

It's not suicide. It's reporting for duty as a general in the Intergalactic Brotherhood.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7400276 - 09/12/07 11:04 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2: Now I like that.:thumbup:

Here's the reason for all the confusion. ----:monkeydance:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Offlineshakercee
Atheistic Mystic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and there
Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #7400297 - 09/12/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Would gazing at my navel make me a general in the galactic brotherhood?:hehehe:

--------------------
Pray, v.: To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner confessedly unworthy - Ambrose Bierce

Medical science has confirmed what the male world has known intuitively for millenia: that scratching your ass is a great aid to complex thinking.

Its God's responsibility to forgive the terrorist organizations such as Jaish, Lashkar etc.
Its our responsibility to arrange the meeting between them and god."
- Indian Armed Forces

"Hey Monkey!! Get Funky" - Tarzan and Jane

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#7400596 - 09/12/07 12:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

"Bottom line: the more spiritual you are, the more JOY and CLARITY you achieve/feel and the more GROUNDED IN REALITY you become."

Actually not.
Its not joy and clarity first at all.
Its pain, confusion, fire. Overcome?? Effort??
And it breaks it all up.
WTF is grounded in reality??
Your reality?? The reality taught by 'school'?? By Fox news?? By MTV?? By David Icke?? By Alex Jones?? By T. McKenna?? By Al Jazeera?? By your buddies Georoge W. and DICK face??
The idea is to break free from the structure that currently defines YOUR reality, question is: what happens then??

Its a trip. Definitely due amounts of joy. Yes ?clarity? finally. No longer necessary to be grounded anywhere. All possibilities possible, now.
Much more fun.

List of people affected by Bipolar Disorder

A

* Rigoberto Alpizar, shooting victim. [1]
* Sophie Anderton, model [1]
* Adam Ant, musician. He is open about having bipolar disorder: see Adam and the fall, an art.telegraph profile which describes a 2003 Channel 4 television program, "The Madness of Prince Charming."

[edit] B

* Charles Pierre Baudelaire, author. TWF p.267
* Thomas Lovell Beddoes, poet and dramatist. TWF p.267
* Ludwig van Beethoven, composer. NAMI See this article for a review of Beethoven's mental state. Scientific analysis of Beethoven's hair has given rise to speculation that lead poisoning may have been a cause of his depression.
* Maurice Benard, actor. (General Hospital) He has discussed his diagnosis with Oprah Winfrey, and has since become active in promoting bipolar awareness. [2]
* Andy Behrman, author of the book Electroboy: A Memoir of Mania [3] [4]
* Ludwig Boltzmann, physicist and mathematician. "suffered from an alternation of depressed moods with elevated, expansive or irritable moods". John J. O'Connor and Edmund F. Robertson. Ludwig Boltzmann at the MacTutor History of Mathematics archive.
* Adrian Borland, British musician [5]
* Russ "Dutch" Boyd, American professional poker player confirmed his diagnosis on his official website.
* Jeremy Brett, actor (See [6])
* Frank Bruno, boxer; was hospitalized for a short period and is currently on lithium. (See [7], [8], [9])
* Jeff Buckley, musician. Allegedly was diagnosed with bipolar disorder shortly before his death. Cited in 'Dream Brother: The Lives and Music of Jeff and Tim Buckley' by David Brown, 2001
* Lord Byron, poet. TWF p.267 (Touched with fire profiles Lord Byron's illness in detail)

[edit] C

* Dick Cavett, television journalist. Quote from CNN transcript from Larry King Live, broadcast June 12, 2005: "CAVETT: Both in hypomanic, which I have had, and incidentally, one has to admit many patients say I am cured now, I am fine. But I must say I miss those hypomanic states. They are better off where they are."
* Winston Churchill, politician and British Prime Minister. NAMI Churchill often referred to depression as his "black dog". He is also recorded to have undergone manic phases of intense productivity. None of Churchill's numerous biographers, however, have claimed that he was actually bipolar. In 2006 a controversial statue of Churchill wearing a straitjacket was unveiled in Norwich in an attempt to highlight the stigma of mental health problems. Three days later it was taken down due to public outcry. [10] The series Altered Statesmen suggests that Churchill had Cyclothymia.
* Kurt Cobain, musician. His cousin, Beverly Cobain, a "registered nurse (…) [with] experience as a mental health professional" and author of a book, When Nothing Matters Anymore: A Survival Guide for Depressed Teens ISBN 1-57542-036-8, stated in an interview: "Kurt was diagnosed at a young age with Attention Deficit Disorder [ADD], then later with bipolar disorder; (…) As Kurt undoubtedly knew, bipolar illness can be very difficult to manage, and the correct diagnosis is crucial. Unfortunately for Kurt, compliance with the appropriate treatment is also a critical factor." [11]
* Samuel Taylor Coleridge, poet. TWF pp.219–224, 267. His condition is more commonly directly attributed to drug use. "Around 1796, Coleridge started using opium as a pain reliever"
* Robert S. Corrington, theologist. In his book Riding the Windhorse: Manic-Depressive Disorder and the Quest for Wholeness ISBN 9780761826194 (Hamilton Books, New York, 2003) he gives a personal account of his own struggles with the condition.

[edit] D

* Ray Davies, musician: is openly bipolar; also see his autobiography, X-Ray
* Charles Dickens, author. TWF p.267
* Richard Dreyfuss, actor, BBC Documentary [12]
* Patty Duke, actress. NAMI, also wrote about her own illness in Brilliant Madness: Living with Manic Depressive Illness

[edit] E

* Ralph Waldo Emerson, author, poet, and philosopher. TWF p. 268

[edit] F

* Carrie Fisher, actress and writer. "'I ended up being diagnosed as a bipolar II,' says Fisher." [13] BBC Documentary [14]
* Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, writer. TWF p.269
* William Faulkner, writer. TWF p.269
* Stephen Foster, songwriter. TWF p.269
* Connie Francis, singer. Spoke candidly about her bipolar disorder in her A&E Biography.
* Stephen Fry, actor, comedian and writer. "As a sufferer of the disorder, Stephen Fry is speaking to other sufferers to find out about their experiences and visiting leading experts in the UK and US to examine the current state of understanding and research." [15], also [16]. BBC documentary [17]

[edit] G

* Alan Garner, novelist. According to the Guardian, "In The Voice that Thunders (Harvill), a collection of critical and autobiographical essays, Garner casts light on his writing and thinking, and the role that manic depression plays in his creativity" see [18], and also [19]
* Matthew Good, Canadian musician. He first disclosed his illness in a personal blog. It was during the writing and recording of Hospital Music that he suffered one of his worst episodes. [20]
* Philip Graham, publisher and businessman. "It had finally penetrated to me that Phil's diagnosis was manic-depression…" Katherine Graham (1997), Personal History, p.328; Knopf, 1997, ISBN 0-394-58585-2 (book has numerous other references).
* Macy Gray, musician and actor. As documented in her song Relating to a Psychopath [21] and in an interveiw with Saul Williams [22]
* Ivor Gurney, English composer and poet. "New Perspectives on Ivor Gurney's Mental Illness", Pamela Blevins, Ivor Gurney Society Journal, Volume 6, 2000.

[edit] H

* Alexander Hamilton, politician. "Danger, Hypomanic on Board," could well be the other title of "Washington Crossing the Delaware." John Gartner in The Hypomanic Edge makes a strong case that America owes its greatness to a liberal supply of "manic lite" genes. See Hypomanic Nation.
* Linda Hamilton, actress. Star of the Terminator movies. Was diagnosed at the age of 40[23]
* Mariette Hartley, American actress, has publicly spoken about her bipolar disorder. [24]
* Jonathan Hay, Australian rules footballer [2]
* Ernest Hemingway, writer. TWF p.269
* Jimi Hendrix, pioneering rock guitarist. Stated as "...Jimi would indeed have troubled times in the studio, where he would need to spend hours sitting and thinking". He has also written the song 'Manic Depression'[25]
* Kristin Hersh, musician, formerly of rock band Throwing Muses, is occasionally mentioned as having bipolar disorder, one example being a Muses biography. She has also mentioned the disorder in several interviews.
* Hermann Hesse, writer. TWF p.269
* Abbie Hoffman, political activist: "Abbie was diagnosed in 1980 as having bipolar disorder, more commonly known as manic depression." Jezer, Marty (1993). Abbie Hoffman. Rutgers University Press. ISBN 0-8135-2017-7. p. xvii

[edit] J

* Kay Redfield Jamison, psychologist, who profiled her own bipolar disorder in her 1995 memoir An Unquiet Mind and argued for a connection between bipolar disorder and artistic creativity in her 1993 book, Touched with Fire.
* Daniel Johnston, musician: "Johnston's output in his late teens and early 20s proved to be a symptom of his worsening manic depression." The Guardian Unlimited, Saturday August 20, 2005: "Personal demons," review of film, The Devil and Daniel Johnston:[26]
* Andrew Johns, Professional Rugby League Player. — has gone public about his condition: see [27]

[edit] K

* Chris Kanyon, wrestler — self-described, diagnosed, see [28]: "I have gone thru (sic) some rough times, which ultimately led to me being diagnosed with clinical Bipolar Depression (also known as Manic Depression). I have spent the last year learning about and understanding my condition and we have finally got my medications balanced to the point where I feel I am in the best mental state of my life."
* John Keats, poet - TWF p.268; NAMI
* Otto Klemperer, conductor — see Norman Lebrecht's article at [29].
* Margot Kidder, actress — self-described, see [30]: "I have been well and free of the symptoms that are called manic-depression for almost five years, and have been working steadily and leading a happy and productive life since then."
* Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy, 38, [31] spent time at a drug rehabilitation clinic before he went to Providence College. He has been open about mental health issues, including being diagnosed with bipolar disorder.
* Patrick Kroupa, writer and hacker, has been very open about his drug use and mental health issues, after his last heroin detox in 1999. He mentions bipolar disorder openly in several interviews. [32], [33], [34]

[edit] L

* Bill Lichtenstein, print and broadcast journalist and filmmaker. See October 10, 1994 "Time Magazine" article on Bill Lichtenstein.
* Vivien Leigh, actress, cited in Holden, Anthony, Laurence Olivier, Sphere Books Limited, 1989, ISBN 0689115369 ; pp 221-222
* Neil Lennon Footballer with Celtic FC open about his battles with depression [35]

[edit] M

* Kate Millett, author, The Loony-Bin Trip (1990) discusses her diagnosis of bipolar disorder, describing experiences with hospitalization and her decision to discontinue lithium therapy.
* Spike Milligan, comedian and writer. "I had to write a new show every week for six months. If Hitler had done that to someone it would be called torture. I was in such a state of hypertension that I was unapproachable by human beings. I became a manic depressive." See Guardian obituary and Comedy's Fab Five
* Ben Moody, musician. The former guitarist from Evanescence. See MTV News article
* Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, composer. In an article published by Peter Davies, he cites Mozart's tendency to sway between very high and very low moods, exhibit some signs of obsessive-compulsive behavior, reckless spending, and incredible productivity (working 8 hours per day).
* Edvard Munch, artist. Rothenberg A. Bipolar illness, creativity, and treatment. Psychiatr Q. 2001 Summer;72(2):131–47.

[edit] N

* Isaac Newton, pioneering scientist and mathematician. NAMI
* Florence Nightingale, nurse and health campaigner. BPW "Florence heard voices and experienced a number of severe depressive episodes in her teens and early 20s - symptoms consistent with the onset of bipolar disorder," Dr. Kathy Wisner, a professor of psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. See this article.

[edit] O

* Alyssa Ortiz, professional wrestler. TWF p.267
* Ozzy Osbourne, singer. Lead singer of Black Sabbath and his self-titled band. Cited in VH1's "Heavy: The History of Metal" in 2006.

[edit] P

* Jane Pauley, TV presenter and journalist. The former Today and Dateline host describes being diagnosed with bipolar disorder in her autobiography "Skywriting: A Life Out of the Blue", which she wrote in 2004, as well as on her short-lived talk show. [36], [37], [38], [39], [40], [41]
* Jimmy Piersall, baseball player. NAMI
* Sylvia Plath, poet. "It is as if my life were magically run by two electric currents: joyous and positive and despairing negative … " See Sylvia Plath - In Her Own Words
* Jaco Pastorius, musician. "Jaco was diagnosed with this clinical bipolar condition in the fall of 1982. The events which led up to it were considered "uncontrolled and reckless" incidences." Ingrid Pastorius - http://www.jacop.net/mind.html
* Edgar Allan Poe, poet and writer. TWF p.269.
* Emil Post, mathematician. Martin Davis, 1994, "Emil L. Post: His Life and Work" in Davis, M., ed., Solvability, Provability, Definability: The Collected Works of Emil L. Post. Birkhauser

[edit] R

* Rene Rivkin, entrepreneur. Sydney Morning Herald 3 May 2005
* Axl Rose, singer[3] "I went to a clinic, thinking it would help my moods. The only thing I did was take one 500-question test - ya know, filling in the little black dots. All of sudden I'm diagnosed manic-depressive."

[edit] S

* Robert Schumann, composer. TWF p.269
* Tom Scholz, Founding member and leader of the band Boston. [42]
* Nina Simone, American Singer. The SundayTimes June, 24 2007 Interview with her daughter Simone
* Michael Slater, International Australian cricketer, forced to retire because of related symptoms. [43] [44]
* Tony Slattery, actor and comedian. [45] "I rented a huge warehouse by the river Thames. I just stayed in there on my own, didn't open the mail or answer the phone for months and months and months. I was just in a pool of despair and mania." BBC Documentary [46]
* Michael Spensieri, lawyer and politician. "This special gift (Bipolar I), it enables me to live both ends of the bipolarity, to survive." Michelangelo Spensieri was called to the Bar of Ontario on March 22, 1974 and resigned October 26, 1989 pursuant to The Law Society of Upper Canada guidelines.
* Robert Louis Stevenson, author. TWF p.268
* Sidney Sheldon, producer, writer; wrote about being a victim of bipolar disorder in his autobiography "The Other Side Of Me".

[edit] T

* Sara Teasdale, poet. TWF p.268
* Devin Townsend, musician, Strapping Young Lad, The Devin Townsend Band, Took himself off of his medication to write lyrics for Strapping Young Lad's album Alien. [47]
* Nick Traina, singer. Nick Traina Foundation, "in the last year of his life, he began telling people he was manic-depressive."
* Timothy Treadwell, American environmentalist and bear enthusiast, featured in the 2005 documentary film by Werner Herzog titled Grizzly Man. [48] [49]
* Margaret Trudeau, Canadian celebrity and ex-wife of former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Elliot Trudeau (deceased). Ms. Trudeau now travels Canada and other countries speaking out against the stigmas on mental illness [50]
* Mark Twain, author. TWF p.268 (as "Samuel Clemens")

[edit] U

[edit] V

* Jean Claude Van Damme, actor — Australian Woman's Day magazine — January 30, 2006
* Vincent Van Gogh, artist. See Vincent and Me
* Kurt Vonnegut, author [51]

[edit] W

* Scott Weiland, musician. (Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver) "I suffer from manic-depressive disorder, and I've chosen not to take medication for it." Quotation from Weiland during an interview. Source: VH1.com
* Amy Winehouse, musician. "Amy, who this year admitted drinking too much, said she refuses to take medication, even though clinically diagnosed as a manic depressive." [52]
* Brian Wilson, musician. (The Beach Boys) BrianWilson.com
* Robbie Williams, British musician. As noted in Stephen Fry's BBC documentary "The Secret Life of a Manic Depressive" [53]
* Virginia Woolf, poet and novelist. TWF p.269; see also Virginia Woolf's psychiatric history and Virginia Woolf and Her Madness

Mental Illnesses are symptoms of spiritual sickness. Its all the same stuff. Why ground yourself when you can make it up for the rest??

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Why the confusion between spirituality and mental illness? [Re: backfromthedead]
    #7400670 - 09/12/07 01:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Actually not.
Its not joy and clarity first at all.
Its pain, confusion, fire. Overcome?? Effort??
And it breaks it all up.
WTF is grounded in reality??
Your reality?? The reality taught by 'school'?? By Fox news?? By MTV?? By David Icke?? By Alex Jones?? By T. McKenna?? By Al Jazeera?? By your buddies Georoge W. and DICK face??
The idea is to break free from the structure that currently defines YOUR reality, question is: what happens then??

Its a trip. Definitely due amounts of joy. Yes ?clarity? finally. No longer necessary to be grounded anywhere. All possibilities possible, now.
Much more fun.

Great post.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder