Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLillSkit
old hand
Re: newbie cultivator
    #73802 - 02/08/00 02:40 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Perlite humidification works very good.
But you still have to have some fruting chamber..
They are a couple of "lowcost-fruting chamber" teks in the grow section.
The mushrooms do not have a strong odoeur...
They have a faint mushroomy smell...
I would suggest you to buy some Calcium Kloride(Cloride?) to use when drying the shrooms...Its a salt that atracts humudity in a room for example....just put the calsium cloride on a piece of paper inside of a box, then put another piece of paper (there should be a couple of layers of paper) on top of the CaCl...
Then just put the shrooms on the top layer of papers and let them dry in a dry, cold and dark space...
Its a very good way to dry the shrooms in about 24-48 hours, depending on the humidity of the room....

(that at least the drying tek. ive used and it works perfectly)

- Lill -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: newbie cultivator [Re: LillSkit]
    #73804 - 02/08/00 08:33 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Hey Stranger,
You should first think of what method your going to use (PF TEK would be best for a newbie). You can use just about anything for a growing chamber, like a plastic tub (they run pretty cheap $10.00). As for the perlite, you can buy that at gardening store's, or W-mart, K-mart...ect. Make sure you get the fine to medium grade(looks like the size of grains of salt). Their are many people who have had great success with these things I have mentioned. Word of advice, use a P.cooker. You can lose everything you worked hard for to conta.
I haven't lost anything yet(knock on wood).
As for spore-prints...I got mine from sporckicks...there great on shipping time.

------------------
If your not living on the edge....Then your taking up to much space.

Anonymous

#73805 - 02/08/00 04:04 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

...and in answer to your final question, the Spore Lab near Vancouver is THE place for Canadian shroomers.

------------------
Visit the Captains Spore Lab at: http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Meadows/4448/spores.htm

Anonymous

#73806 - 02/08/00 04:59 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Stranger - If You are near Toronto - there is a place called THC (Toronto Hemp Company)
It sell Cubensis syringes for $30 - or 2 for $40. They are about 2 blocks south of bloor on Yonge st, above a Payless shoe store, east side of the street. I went there and bought some spores, just innoculated yesterday - I'll let you know how it turns out.

------------------
"Ambition ruins us all"

InvisibleStranger
synthetic rthyme
Male
Loc: Texas, USA
    #73807 - 02/08/00 05:00 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Is the spore lab in vancouver at HEmp B.C? or what is the name of the place and where abouts is it? i live very close to vancouver.. some guy at school told me u can goto a store named 'puff' and get a shroom started kit that comes with a spore print and everything..

also i don't have a pressure cooker.. if i were to put them in a boiling pot but with a tight lid.. whould that create a good enough humid enviroment to sterilize the jars?... also which is better the rice cakes or the ones that use Rye?, and should i put a layer of vermaculate on top of my cake to help prevent contamination?

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite." Huxley

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #73808 - 02/08/00 05:17 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

The spore lab is not at Hemp B.C. The last time I checked, Hemp B.C. was forced out of business by the city and the cops. Just go to Captain Max Mushroom's link above and get a money order and mail it to him. As far as your growing questions, if you havn't grown before, just print off the Magic Mushroom Growers Guide under Grow/Find to the left and follow it to the letter. BTW, it is heat that sterilizes your jars when using a pot of water, not humidity. GOOD LUCK!

------------------
Holy shit do I feel good! Where am I?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck