Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or -
    #7374487 - 09/06/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah imm trying to get someone to help me rig a temp and humidity gauge, so when it gets to low or high it will send me a text message or i can just carry something else. i can get another cell phone i just wanna rig it any help?

--------------------
Every thing that is posted by me on this fourm is not what i did doing or going to do, i have no intentions of doing anything illegal.

August 23, 2007

This is all for a fiction book i am writing, i would like it to seem as real as possible

I Hate breaking the law and never would attemp to, so why am i here to learn not to do. So dont come watching my house cause your wasting your money when you can go and watch some mob boss or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: boundeagle]
    #7376138 - 09/06/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Wouldn't it be easier to have it just turn the appropriate device on or off?

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: Dr_T]
    #7376186 - 09/06/07 08:42 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well if im outside i can come home with burnt mushies

--------------------
Every thing that is posted by me on this fourm is not what i did doing or going to do, i have no intentions of doing anything illegal.

August 23, 2007

This is all for a fiction book i am writing, i would like it to seem as real as possible

I Hate breaking the law and never would attemp to, so why am i here to learn not to do. So dont come watching my house cause your wasting your money when you can go and watch some mob boss or something.

OfflineDr_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado
Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: boundeagle]
    #7376195 - 09/06/07 08:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

what?

--------------------
Roger Rabbit said: Growing mushrooms is part art, and part science, but it's not magic.

Offlinedanzick
getting stranger

#7376268 - 09/06/07 09:03 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Some of the burglar alarm type devices can dial a phone number(if connected to a land line) and play a prerecorded message. The circuit boards aren't that expensive from what I remember. You would have to interface your sensors though and figure out how to set an "alarm" condition so it would call you.

There probably are ready made units of some type out there, but they may be a lot more expensive than something you build yourself.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #7377378 - 09/07/07 05:09 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Easy enough to do.

You will need an NI USB-6008 National Instruments 12 bit data acquisition device. To this you will attach a SHT-71

Now using Labview you will need to write a program that monitors the sensor on the DAQ and outputs the information. When a condition is met you can have it e-mail or pick up the modem and dial a number.

Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: Cyber]
    #7378645 - 09/07/07 12:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

is lab veiw easy to write programs with cause, ur talking to someone who has no idea what to do when it comes to writing scripts and shit like that

--------------------

August 23, 2007

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

#7379941 - 09/07/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hmmm, Well you would have to build the circuit for the SHT-71 It should take no more than the part and a resistor or two. I found the programing easy, but I am about as average as Abū Rayhān al-Bīrūnī, Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, or Thomas Jefferson. So your mileage may vary

Offlineimplee
Cyber Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston, Texas. Flag
    #7385936 - 09/08/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Why dont you just set it up so it keeps the humidity level... Or hook up a humidity gauge to your computer....

Then you could setup a web server on your ocmputer, connect to it via your mobile web on your phone... Check your temps or even possibly change it with some php + a program???

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: implee]
    #7386026 - 09/08/07 10:54 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

The only issue is connecting a hygrometer to the computer and getting a reading.

The device is called a Temperature/Humidity Data Logger. Look it up, they start at $300 and go up from there.

The way I described it, you will spend about $150 on the Data Acquisition device and $30 each for the sensors. The one data logger can manage 12 of the sensors so you can monitor up to 12 units with this setup. You will also get 8 analog inputs to which you can hook up air flow sensors, O2 sensors, CO2 sensors, etc. As well as 2 analog outputs you can use for what ever you want.

NOTE: most sensors in a car are analog and cheep!

Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

#7386071 - 09/08/07 11:06 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

does anybody have pictures of this thing that cybers talking about and the analog from a car cause this is all very confusing to me

--------------------

August 23, 2007

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

#7387404 - 09/09/07 09:39 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Picture of which thing? The Data Acquisition device? My first post links to NI's site.

Now the sensors in a car, the one that report back to the computer in the car, and make the check engine light come on, are all analog sensors, some check O2, some CO2, etc. It is just a mater of getting them from the auto parts store and hacking them to work with the DAQ (Data Acquisition Devices).

Invisibleboundeagle
Book writer,Learner
Female User Gallery

#7387561 - 09/09/07 10:11 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

oh ill someday find out how to do this.

--------------------

August 23, 2007

Offlinekunghenke
BongBuilder
Male

#7399332 - 09/12/07 01:55 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

A easy (cheap) way is to buy a olimex dev board for ATmega8
Connect a sht11 sensor. Install Linux and Gnokii , connect a old nokia (3310 works good).
The cost will be under 100$

And of course you need some code to make it work.
I can give you the code for ATmega8 if you want.

--------------------
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Support your local police, beat up yourself.

Invisiblelegallyhomeless
mooch
 User Gallery

Loc: EZRA for the Refuge
Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: kunghenke]
    #7400365 - 09/12/07 11:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

LOL I want to spend $400 to get a text when my Rh is low... oh wait, there is no such thing as too high, why not just keep it 90% +

--------------------
MY TRADE LIST!!!

FULLY AUTOMATIC!! 12-Pot Multi Grow Hydroponic System for Trade.

Download PSX ISOs

Offlineanomaly420
This guy!

Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: legallyhomeless]
    #7400586 - 09/12/07 12:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'm assuming you're growing BRF cakes or something? If you use monotubs and apply a casing, the humidity should be ideal always, you'll never even have to open the monotub to fan or mist. Why spend so much time and effort for weak ass cakes?

--------------------
Sometimes I think you have to march right in and demand your rights, even if you don't know what your rights are, or who the person is you're talking to. Then on the way out, slam the door.

OfflineHotnuts
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild Blue Yawnder
    #7404432 - 09/13/07 12:59 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

boundeagle said:
Yeah imm trying to get someone to help me rig a temp and humidity gauge, so when it gets to low or high it will send me a text message or i can just carry something else. i can get another cell phone i just wanna rig it any help?

Just look into buying some greenhouse controllers.

http://www.greenair.com/atmocon.htm

Edited by Hotnuts (09/13/07 01:00 PM)

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
Re: Devices to contact your mobile when humidity or temp is + or - [Re: Hotnuts]
    #7408296 - 09/14/07 09:33 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i agree with hotnuts, no need to come running home everytime humidity is off, just get some greenhouse controllers that will turn stuff on and off as needed...

http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls2.shtml

http://www.hydrofarm.com/pb_master.php?category=4&brand=23&sort=Default&resperpage=&mod=

http://www.igrowing.ca/main.php?page=products_list

i'm a big fan of anything made by IGS (intelligent growing systems -pLug 'n' grow) everything i do automated is done with their stuff and it works great.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates