Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite?
    #7374116 - 09/06/07 10:50 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've eaten quite a few shrooms grown on pf cakes and I've eaten a shit load of shrooms grown on horse shit. All the shrooms grown on the horse shit were WAY WAY better than the shrooms grown on the PF cakes.

So what do you guys think, which grows more potent shrooms, horse poo or PF tek cakes?
Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms gown on PF tek cakes?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/06/07 10:50 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledysphoria
lost soul

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #7374143 - 09/06/07 11:02 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

horse poo due to more available nutrients.

poo has the nutrients of the poo itself, and also the spawn you mixed it with.
this is of course far superior to pf cakes in both quantity of flushes, health of mushroom, and yes...potency.

dont get me wrong, the actual difference is very minimal as far as most can tell or would care...but its there.

--------------------

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: dysphoria]
    #7374167 - 09/06/07 11:13 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I will put my money on increased potency. The trick to this question is though whether they will be more potent due to the grower or the substrate?

The poo has MORE POTENTIAL, but won't be the only factor going into the potency.

Invisibleveilbreaker
Sour girl
Female

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: RobMarley420] * 1
    #7374190 - 09/06/07 11:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I think substrate is only one of many factors, (the number one factor being how well they are dried.)

The most potent shrooms I've ever had were ones I grew on PF cakes.

--------------------
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:amanitajar: :rose:

InvisibleMankey
Male

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: veilbreaker]
    #7374198 - 09/06/07 11:25 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The poo has MORE POTENTIAL, but won't be the only factor going into the potency.

I definitely agree. When it comes down to it, the grower bears most of the weight.

Offlinediacamomo
Children of theVortex

Loc: Inside My Mind
Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: Mankey]
    #7374488 - 09/06/07 01:29 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

anybody a link for the horse poo tech please ?

--------------------

Invisibleveilbreaker
Sour girl
Female

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: diacamomo] * 1
    #7374634 - 09/06/07 02:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

There are lots. Check the Mush Cult Archive under 'substrates'

--------------------
People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

:amanitajar: :rose:

OfflineDigital Reality
Strangers in the dark
Male

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: veilbreaker] * 1
    #7374728 - 09/06/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I might be wrong but i though i read a post by roger rabbit stating that brf cakes have more nutes than poo other than the nitrogen which can be made up for with some blood meal. But BRF isn't a good choice for a bulk method because of the cost issues. Poo is pretty much free compared to the same amounts in BRF.

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: Digital Reality]
    #7378202 - 09/07/07 10:42 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Well, so far it looks like the horse poo is the winner for the most potent shrooms.

Anybody else gonna vote?

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: RobMarley420] * 1
    #7378217 - 09/07/07 10:47 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i think its totally random

genetics > substrate

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: Atheist]
    #7378231 - 09/07/07 10:51 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

True, there are a bunch of other factors that play into it but let's say you've got a potent strain, we'll use Ecuadorians. If you grew those same Ecuadorians on horse poo and on a BRF and verm. cake which do you think would be more potent?

--------------------

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #7378238 - 09/07/07 10:55 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

i really dont think it matters, but i'll say hpoo

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: Atheist]
    #7378297 - 09/07/07 11:12 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I'd think it'd be horse poo too.

Compare it to growing weed. If you just plant some seeds in normal soil and water it every day you'll grow some buds but they won't be anything special. Now if you plant those seeds in a special soil mixture with guano and all that other good stuff that adds the needed nutrients to the soil and then you go ahead and add the proper fertilizers and stuff during the growing cycle your gonna end up with some pretty good nugs.

Shrooms grown on BRF and verm cakes are comparable to weed grown in plain old dirt, yeah the shrooms and weed can grow in those conditions but there are better things to use, so you won't get the greatest shrooms or bud.

Using horse poo is comparable to using the special potting soil with the fertilizers and stuff, it gives the shrooms and weed more nutrients and stuff they needs to grow better resulting in healthier, more potent mushrooms, and nice, dense, stinky buds covered in crystals.

--------------------

Invisiblelostinautumn7
Hooker With APenis
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #10758943 - 07/28/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

can i take my brf cakes an spawn them to poo to make them more potent 

No.

What you can do is spawn your pf cakes to manure to get more product. Potency is genetic. 
RR

i stole this rr quote from here:  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7932330#7932330

due to certain varying factors some may think this may be slightly out of context. but i think that the "Potency is Genetic" is the gold nugget in the quote. thanks again rr, hope you don't mind I keep stealing your quotes. hope this helps.

--------------------
"May your mycelia multiply and be fruitful."

- oxohawkoxo

the shroomery is  one hell of a community, lots of good people here, and i am damn proud to be a part of it. thanks shroomery and all shroomerites. :heart:       
                            - lostinautumn7

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #10759029 - 07/28/09 11:46 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RobMarley420 said:
I'd think it'd be horse poo too.

Compare it to growing weed. If you just plant some seeds in normal soil and water it every day you'll grow some buds but they won't be anything special. Now if you plant those seeds in a special soil mixture with guano and all that other good stuff that adds the needed nutrients to the soil and then you go ahead and add the proper fertilizers and stuff during the growing cycle your gonna end up with some pretty good nugs.

Shrooms grown on BRF and verm cakes are comparable to weed grown in plain old dirt, yeah the shrooms and weed can grow in those conditions but there are better things to use, so you won't get the greatest shrooms or bud.

Using horse poo is comparable to using the special potting soil with the fertilizers and stuff, it gives the shrooms and weed more nutrients and stuff they needs to grow better resulting in healthier, more potent mushrooms, and nice, dense, stinky buds covered in crystals.

You cant compare weed to mushrooms, its complelty different.

BRF is very nutiritious, its the most nuitritious than most other grains we use except for rice bran.

Bulk substrates are less nuitritous than the grain we use for spawn. The point of bulk substrates is that you can quickly, cheaply and easily expand your mycelium to get more product and also with the advantage of a more varied food source which is benificial in good fruit body development.

Ive had mushrooms from brf cakes that were very potent. I had an intense trip from just 25 grams fresh of cubes that scared the shit out of me. Ive also had mushrooms that wernt that strong at all on 30 grams.

Potency is ginetic

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibleavidpicker
funnycolorsinmymushrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10759145 - 07/29/09 12:09 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

^^^^:thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblenovicemycology
dabbeler
 User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #10759274 - 07/29/09 12:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hypothetical theory in progress.  As follows as opinions have re sparked my intellect. "genetics and potential"

First off the facts for plants which I hope are obvious for most fungi cultivators.

You could, theoretically (in fact), take a clone from a below average, under performing, neglected (mal-nutritioned) MJ plant, introduce it to an equilibrium nutritional diet or implementing nutrients when needed (if needed if your soil recipe is well designed)throughout the growth cycle(maybe alittle supplementing during flowering) and considerably increase potency and yield given the right CO2, Light,& FAE! Plants, best conditions are adjustable.  So yes this theory works here.

Onto the fruit bodies in interest.
Disclaimer: I claim to be no expert in the field of mycology (hence my handle), but do offer up my opinion for knowledge and/or criticism.  As follows.

Theory, if you cloned your most potent and/or non-potent, umbrella body from a brf medium could you increase its potency with supplementing additional nutrition? Ex. H/poo with additives or coconut coir with additives or a mixture of all of the best.

IMO, for I know not what I say.  Fungi will adapt and utilize what's available far more efficiently than a plant can.  (That's why we can deduce what a plant wants when it needs it.)  If we could add certain ingredients during a particular period of growth, minus H2O (like with vegetables) we then could effectively compensate for lack of or adjust nutrient ratios, thus giving us complete control of the overall out come! (HYDROPONIC SHROOMS AnYoNe?)  As of now I would say with the available, reliable resources the teks implemented here regularly on the shroomery will produce the same potency. 

Initially adding more nutrients to a sub IMO will allow for more additional flushes with subsequently larger fruits.  So yes make the best SUBstrate you can, but it wont guarantee better potency for I believe that's semi-uncontrollable. 

Overall conclusion plants and fungi live in harmony in nature, but cant be compared to one another in the cultivating scents unless in this fashion!! Ok that was alittle much..

-live logikal

Just my intuitional opinion, if I'm wrong please correct me!!

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Re: Are shrooms grown on horse poo more potent than shrooms grown on BRF and vermiculite? [Re: novicemycology]
    #10760216 - 07/29/09 06:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

2 year old post...

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #10760944 - 07/29/09 10:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Quote:

RobMarley420 said:
2 year old post...

Which deserves to rest in peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract