Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemike3000
Petski
Male

Went out hunting - ID
    #7373643 - 09/06/07 06:58 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Heya, I've shroomed a bit in the past and have been reading up and researching liberty caps and other species all year and i just cant wait for the season to get started... I went out yesterday and didn't have any luck with liberty caps though it still is quite warm, but i did stumble across some interesting mushrooms though, i cant remember the exact habitats but the red and yellow one was on a north facing slope, in a field which had medium length grass and quite a lot of dew. (picture quality isn't too good as it was with my phone)

Specimen 1)

Specimen 2)

(found growing under some trees around rotting wood)

Specimen 3)
(Found on the same field as the first specimen)

Specimen 4)
(Found in some grass to the side of a path, growing from the soil)

--------------------
If we are here to figure out the meaning of life,
then isn't the meaning of life to find out why we are here?
Causing our existence to be pointless!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Went out hunting - ID [Re: mike3000]
    #7373665 - 09/06/07 07:12 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

1 is a Hygrocybe, probably H. conica, 4 is Paneolina foenisecii. You should read the instructions on how to do a proper ID request though, it's often not possible to make an ID from pics alone.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Went out hunting - ID [Re: mike3000]
    #7373763 - 09/06/07 08:24 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, the first 4 photos are Hygrocybe, though I do not see any black staining on the red ones, so I would guess H. punicea, H. coccinea, H. splendidissima, or H. aurantiosplendens.

Mike, Please read the Mushroom Hunting Forum Rules before posting:

II. Accurate mushroom descriptions
    It is critical that you describe mushrooms fully and accurately in order to get a proper identification.

A good picture of the mushrooms is invaluable, but not required.
    Along with the pictures YOU ARE REQUIRED to provide the following data:

* Habitat (where [woods, pasture, state,province,country, altitude] and what [soil, dung, wood (dead, living, what kind of wood?)] does it grow on)
    * Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc)
    * Characteristics of the stem (length, diameter, color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc)
    * Characteristics of the cap (diameter,color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc)
    * Spore print color (very important!)
    * Color that the mushroom bruises
    * Scent of the mushroom
    * Anything else you might find important

For a template ID request please see this thread.

For more detailed guidelines for describing your finds, please view this document.

For an explanation of mycological terms please refer to this document .

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck