Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechojin
Stranger
Ganoderma Lucidum Experiment
    #7371224 - 09/05/07 03:16 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, I took some small pieces of Ganoderma Lucidum I bought from an online vendor and placed them in a tupperware container between some moist pieces of corrugated cardboard along with some slivers of an unknown hardwood a few days ago... And there's some growth of some very fine fibers shooting from the pieces of the mushroom. Now, I'm not completely familiar with what mycelium looks like. I know different species must have different looking mycelia(mycelium?). This stuff looks like spiderweb. It's extremely fine.

I have no prior experience growing mushrooms. I just read Mycelium Running by Paul Stamets and got the idea.

From what you can tell do you think it's mycelia (mycelium?... I don't know the difference between the words yet)

Here's a shitty picture

Edited by chojin (09/05/07 03:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Ganoderma Lucidum Experiment [Re: chojin]
    #7372285 - 09/05/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like it to me. Keep it moist. Did you sterilize any of it? G lucidum is a very fast colonizer, so it should be all white within a week.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinechojin
Stranger
Re: Ganoderma Lucidum Experiment [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7372991 - 09/05/07 11:05 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

No, I didn't sterilize anything. I just went back to it after reading your post and undsandwiched it for a second to mist it, but I think I'll only spray the outside next time because of the way the mycelium reacted to being directly sprayed. Maybe it likes moisture, but I don't think that was a good idea. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do with the end product. I called a tree trimmer the other day to see if I could get a hold of some alder or oak logs to inoculate with reishi plug spawn which I haven't even ordered yet.

What should I try to do with this? I'd kind of like to make my own spawn or something if this mycelium really takes off and grows rapidly. How should I try to ensure and maximize its growth?

Thanks for replying, man. You're awesome.

OfflineZ E D
kafka on shrooms.
Male User Gallery

Re: Ganoderma Lucidum Experiment [Re: chojin]
    #8135983 - 03/12/08 09:21 AM (16 years, 20 days ago)

did u feel any mycelium smell? I'm growing reishi on cardboard and I don't know if it's of the mycelium or a contam.

--------------------
http://www.enteogenia.site50.net

Offlinex7x_x7x
x7x, my problem child.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: buenos aires Flag
Re: Ganoderma Lucidum Experiment [Re: Z E D]
    #8156322 - 03/17/08 07:21 AM (16 years, 15 days ago)

search for "pseudobook" under my username

--------------------
cultivando en la miseria

SuctoSpore® Pictorial Tek

x7x_x7x@shroomery.org

carl_jung_in_lsd@yahoo.com

koh samui and oak ridge are my favourite strains

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules