Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
The Perils of Drug Addiction
    #7361443 - 09/02/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

**this was written during a time of my life when i used to place faith in spirituality... sadly, i lost it, and it is no longer a part of me... however, i thought other members struggling with some kind of addiction could possibly get some kind of inspiration out of it**

It is so rare to find members of society in today’s world that are not driven purely by egoistic desires. We are living in a community where people seem to be striving to disperse their own light, their own right, their own fight, regardless of whether their goal is in sync with the common good. Often I find myself asking whether there is really any point in keeping myself alive for civilization when it seems all odds are piling up against the universal favor.

As a human being, it is our duty to be continuously examining, analyzing, questioning, and challenging our own selves and surroundings, to strive for that impact we desire to create. For it is true, the meaning of life lies in inspiration within our fellow beings. And if one wishes to achieve a real impression on the world, they must first become acquainted with such profound influence itself. To allow one’s psyche royal access to the power of manifestation, engulfed in emotion treading through a complexion of a motion.

But, like all things in life, discovering something beyond self-comprehension is a path that can tread two ways. Sometimes, you end up discovering a cause so much greater than your own life, that it ends up hindering your own purpose to participate in this very struggle. Those who ultimately have no self-worth instead, choose to withdraw into seclusion to escape the perils of the world, instead of making a real impact to change society. We become so infatuated with that light at the end of the tunnel, we end up forgetting that spirituality means nothing if hoarded selfishly to our own selves.

I once thought drugs gave me a secret gateway to a higher universe, because I did not place enough faith in my own perception, logic, and thought process. So instead of using my own mind to navigate my own trips and using them as a guide, the drugs became the centre that controlled my life.

It is fine to indulge in external stimulation now and then to feed that inspiration. But there are only so many lessons that you can acquire from drugs before you are really just seeing the same, regurgitated crap over and over again. And when everything revolves around the same old bullshit, it just becomes… Psychoses. If you trip on acid everyday, your trips will eventually lose meaning, because your life experience has not changed enough for your perception to change as well. And without motion, there is no room for consciousness to expand; thus, you learn nothing.

You can only use drugs to bring back the things that you've missed out on for so long. But if relied on too much to further insight, you will only lose yourself more and more in the pathway to enlightenment. Escapism becomes an addiction; the very world to which you were fleeing becomes a prison.

People always undervalue their own credibility when having a mind-opening revelation. If you find your spirituality, it is not the drug that caused some sort of special divine intervention. They only made the perceptions you already had WITHIN YOU more sensitive. If you were able to find something beautiful, it is because this is the kind of beauty that is submerged deep within your nature.

The human species is always so hasty to place faith in everything under the sun before their own selves… But ultimately, if you do not find faith within yourself down the road, you might wake up some day, only to discover that everything you’ve ever known was all based on delusion, deceit, deception. For the world around you is constantly changing; without core belief in self, nothing will be everlasting. Much like a psychedelic voyage, the exterior world builds up and up with enthusiasm and excitement, higher and higher, and then… shatters to pieces. The meaning of ego loss; losing everything… IN TRUTH.

Society
It makes us afraid to be who we really are
To live in this world means
You must pretend to be something you are not
In order to get through the day
Such is the way of human nature
Deception

We must start from the assumption that every force we spawn to action is being watched by an infinite crowd that is rioting in this world. Do you actually have a vision of helping the populace one day, or is it all mere empty wishful hoping? If the former, then people must first get rid of all basic doubt and diminishment of one’s own abilities and pride. For how do we build unconditional love for humanity, without a strong, main foundation to build it upon: THE SELF.

Perception itself is a double-edged sword
A double entendre, if you will
It holds value in a mind, that which is creative
And in being unremittingly observant
Analytical, critical, but forever persevering
In its constant search for the answers.
Its duo-meaning is the only non-paradox in this life
But maybe everything else is a paradox
Because perception exists.
It all comes back to perspective,
It all comes back
To ego.

What if, instead of hiding as a recluse from society, we were to express the unrefined, ugly nature within ourselves? Imagine, a world full of suicidal cutters slitting their wrists, junkie scum shooting up drugs, bulimics puking their guts up on the streets, living their once secret lives publicly… without FEAR? It would be the beginning of some kind of revolution: To take the very problems society has tried to hide, criticize, demean, belittle, disgrace, and discourage… and then thrust out into the open, as free exchange of information. No censoring, no bullshit.

Obviously, there many things wrong in today’s world that one has to come to terms with. If society continues ignoring the realities that exist in life because it’s too brutal to handle, then nothing will be solved. Hiding qualities about your OWN self in shame, particularly any self-destructive ones, only perpetuates this problem.

Of course, one will have to expect arising conflicts from the external world and all around, when it comes to freedom of expression. Everybody will combat their own enemies in life, regardless of who they are. Therefore, it is important to remind ourselves constantly, that anybody who hates you is stuck in a linear mode of oppositional thought; your evil twin in mirrored reflection. They are but minute distractions, passing like the ambient noise that wavers in the background of an abstract scene. They can only inflict any real effect on you, if you CHOOSE to allow this route.

The world is your fantasy
You have the choice to make illusion
Your reality, Your delusion.
You hold the power,
You hold perception.

In the end, nothing can hold you down. From a philosophical perspective, spiritual inertia is accelerated with time; to gain wisdom and virtue so bright, its effect radiates all throughout the universe, resonating in synchronization with the wildfire spread to the masses. They then, illuminate their own light, paving the way for others, and others, and then others… Behold, the underlying concept of Being.

For 2-C-Eternity
Is not just to see oneself.
It is to see your neighbor
And savor the moment of every fractal
Collided in mysticism

If a person's spirit is not in the right place to gather strength from within, it is our duty to treat them with care if we possess the strength to do so. For if society fails them, who then can they turn to? Intolerance only narrows the focus around an image of pretentious and hypocritical idealism; this is precisely when the innocent fall victims into the hands of danger, treading further and deeper into the pathway most accepting of them—which so happens to be destruction.

People require affection in order to function well in society; only with the right concern and consideration can we ascend those steps fundamental to build mutual progress. The words we choose to say, one single action that we take, may be what ends up saving them… or breaking them. It only takes one “minor” difference, one “insignificant” person… It All begins with A Single Concept. One concept to start one motion. One motion to begin the revolution. It only takes One; Together as One.

2-C-Eternity Entails
Devotion In the Edict of Divinity
When One Consciousness comes to understand
The purpose of the transcending light
At the finale of the everlasting tunnel—
Elysium glistening through the window…

For life is an endless fractal…
Like a flower, its petals spiral
And bloom forever

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
Re: The Perils of Drug Addiction [Re: Crystal G]
    #7363288 - 09/03/07 01:10 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hmmm maybe i should have posted this in the art forum. if theres a mod in here could they move it there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom