Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineChikhai
Loc: Florida
Went huntin'.. a few questions
    #735850 - 07/10/02 06:46 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I went huntin' with a friend last weekend for the first time and got about 2 pounds of the fun guys =) I'm not entirely sure what kind they are but they had a little nipple thing on the middle of the cap, a purple ring on the stem, and they bruised blue when we pinched them. They were growing in and around cow dung. Fresh shrooms have quite an interesting taste to them. The only thing i don't care too much for is the texture, but a little oj took care of that.

I'd like to know what kind of MM's these are. I live on the west coast of florida around the tampa bay area if that helps.

I think I've found a new hobby =)

--------------------
"I see!" said the blind man to his deaf wife.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineakyouser_oner
unclefuckerextrordinaire

Loc: standing in the shadows a...
Re: Went huntin'.. a few questions [Re: Chikhai]
    #735858 - 07/10/02 06:52 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

lemme get this straight: you picked some shrooms, ate em, and THEN you wanna know what they were? sounds like a dangerous practice to me. you might wanna post a pic or 2 if you want positive ID, because i highly doubt anyone here would be able (or willing) to ID from written description...

--------------------
-akyouser.oner
<(((((((((((((((@~~~

OfflineChikhai
Re: Went huntin'.. a few questions [Re: akyouser_oner]
    #735900 - 07/10/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I should have explained a bit better...

The friend I was with knew what he was looking for. He ate them, tripped, and then two days later I tripped off the same batch. He's not entirely sure what kind of shroom they are though. I was just wondering if there was a common psychedelic mushroom in my area with those general characteristics.

--------------------

Offlineshroomfunk
-the shroom willfunk

Loc: Boston MA
    #735988 - 07/10/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like psilocybe cubensis to me. they are plentiful in your region, and it sounds like the perfect habitat for them that you explained. they have a purple veil which is probably what you described as the purple ring, and they grow in cow dung and in cow pastures. they bruised blue which is a very good sign. Did you trip off of what you ate?
It is not a good idea to eat mushrooms that have not been identified but even with a little knowledge about p. cubensis you probably could have identified them on the spot. please get other opinions though... i am a novice shroomer and i do not know much about identifying mushrooms but i think that i have made a correct identification...
If you could take a spore print and post some pictures. this is always the best and most efficient way to make a positive identification.
I hope I was helpful and good luck.
~shroomfunk

--------------------
"To know true peace you have to experience the pain of true fear. Life can often be a paradox and everything is based on perception."

Anonymous

#736082 - 07/10/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#736282 - 07/10/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Check out the pictures forum here, they are mostly all cubensis. You should see if they look similiar.

Since your in flordia you have a great chance of picking a cubensis. Since you did state there was a purple veil on the stem, you most likely got the right kind.

Sporeprint should be purple-brown, stem should be white, cap should be carmel color fading whitish towards the edges, gills should be a dark grey, and the stem should bruise blue. They are found in grassy areas, growing out of manure after a rain.

THe smell/taste is not plesant at all...i cant handle them anymroe cause they taste liek shit heh.

OfflineChikhai
    #737543 - 07/10/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the replies =)

When I get payed on monday I'm going to go up to Barnes N Noble and get a few mushroom books. I had a blast tripping off them, so much better than LSD, IMHO.

I'm probably going to get a digital camera pretty soon. When I do I'll be sure to take some pictures of the massive flushes of shrooms growing in that field =)

And just so there's no misunderstanding I know I have a lot to learn before I can go out and pick mushrooms in confidence, but I'm willing to spend time learning all I can. I do not have a death wish =)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds