Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
Re: Best innoculation syringe tek * 1
    #73478 - 01/31/00 04:28 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Yes a Mycelium syringe will be more contam free (resistant) and colonization of the substrate will also be faster as the mycelium is already growing. Heres a tip in your Mycelium syringe, add about 1-2 ccs of h2o2. Helps the mycelium fight off any contams :smile:

------------------
"To all the weed I've smoked......yo this blunts for you"

"To all the people I've offended.....Yea, FUCK YOU TOO!
~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineloathe
enthusiast
Re: Best innoculation syringe tek [Re: PanTrop]
    #73480 - 01/31/00 04:53 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Do ya think Uncle Lazlo's tek is a good idea? I've got three fully colonized unopened pf style jars ... should I take a chunk outta one when I birth it, or pre, or what?

------------------
"Woe to you my Princess, when I come, I will kiss you quite red and feed you till you are plump. See who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body."
-- Sigmund Freud, On Coca

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #73481 - 01/31/00 04:58 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I have never tried to make a mycelium syringe out of a cake....here is why....since there is verm in there and its wet, the blender would have a hell of a time separatin the mycelium from the verm also the brf would cause problems....it boils down to this, the mycelium would not separate from the cake well enough to make a syringe you would constantly clog the needle with the pieces of your cake....you only want to leave you mycelium running in a blender for like 5 seconds or your gonna kill it basically.

------------------

~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------

Offlineloathe
enthusiast
    #73482 - 01/31/00 05:04 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, well, from where I'm at I have 2 birthed and fruiting cakes, 1/2 + 1/2 cased, 3 unopened jars, an empty syringe, and no cash. Since I don't have liquid mycelium to work from should I attempt a spore syringe? And which method would you recommend for sterility? (I had to throw out six jars due to infection, and I don't want to get my syringe infected and lose my strain...)

Thanks again and again (c:

------------------
"Woe to you my Princess, when I come, I will kiss you quite red and feed you till you are plump. See who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body."

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #73483 - 01/31/00 05:41 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I am tryed Old Lazlos Tek and had some problems...
1. my syringe was clogged
2. solution was infected by bacteria, but I guess this was my fault ...
3. I made an second attempt and have to test the new syringes I`ll post results....

I would make an incubation chamber (is easy with some cardbord, plastic etc....desinfekt with lots of lysol etc...
sterilize some spoons in an oven bas at high temperature ( 1-2hours)
wash your hands etc...
prepare jars with substrate ( rye or birdseed if you have a P. canner if not Pf style)
take jars without holes and without a dry verm layer
simply transfer some mycelium with sterile spoon to the fresh jars
use some common sense for sterile tek

--------------------
i'm back

Offlineloathe
enthusiast
    #73484 - 01/31/00 05:51 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Prellgott, should I transfer a chunk from a non-opened, colonized jar, or a freshly birthed jar, or maybe even a fruiting cake? Anyone? dc: (btw, that's a smile with a tongue and a nose, it's not "DC" with a colon after it. Well, it is, but .. ahh, nevermind.)

------------------

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #73485 - 01/31/00 05:57 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Printing is easy...pick a shroom BEFORE the veil has torn....take this into your sterile work area (I suggest using your oven as the warm updraft will keep contams from falling on your print) What you want to do is tear the veil away and place the cap on either an index card (with a plastic cup on top) or what I do is use wax paper. I take a piece big enough to be wrapped around the print and i then tape the whole hell out of it. 24 hours later I repeat the printing process only in reverse as I already have the print. I just take the cap out of the wax paper over the over and retape it shut. So far this has worked for me. as far as sterility goes read Ryche Hawks tips....thats basically what I do. I know it sucks to be broke, I would really just restart with the exact methods you did for your first time and move to a more advanced tek when you are able to. This is a lesson I had to learn myself :smile:

------------------

~Quote from Eminem~

~PanTrop~

--------------------

Offlineloathe
enthusiast
    #73486 - 01/31/00 06:07 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Pan-- After the 24 or so hours in which the spores fall onto the paper, when you actually have the print, what is the procedure for keeping it? I mean, does the print have to remain sterile the entire time before you use it?

What I was thinking about doing was getting one of my empty jars and setting the cap on the bottom of the inside of the jar. Then capping it off, and in 24 or so hours, just taking the top off, removing the cap, add sterile water, agitate and suck into the syringe.

When I remove the lid of the jar are the spores suceptable(sp?) to contamination?

------------------

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #73487 - 01/31/00 06:22 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

If you are to keep a print you have to keep it sealed till you use it spores can be contaminated aswell. Your idea about the print in the jar...that would work, just make sure your clean as hell and do all this over your oven. and follow sterile procedure, you will be fine :smile: The spores will be suseptible to contams anytime they air intruced into the unsterile open air of the house, so do ALL of the printing, syringe making over your oven, it will get a little warm (oh by the way only turn the ove on to the warm setting :smile: but you should get a viable print and syringe....good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleOdin 13
Excitable Boy

#73488 - 01/31/00 01:51 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Take the lid of your jar, and do just like you regularly do for inoculation, poke a hole in it. Cover it with tape. Have some of the tape folded on its self to make a pull tab. When you need spore solution peel back the tape and suck up the solution. When you are done retape the hole. The amount of contamination that can enter in the time frame you have anything open and the size of the hole limits things greatly. It's all related!

Offlinecase
    #73489 - 01/31/00 02:00 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

How come you dont get a sterile spore syringe and get some sterile water with dextrose or something like that then suck the dextrose water inside the spore syringe. Wouldn't the spores germinate on the dextrose makeing it a mycelium syringe?
Would this work?

Invisiblear393
old timer
Male
Loc: VT
    #73490 - 02/07/00 07:44 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

on creating a myco-suringe from spores:
i kinda went on the same idea, but instead thought about gatorade. since clear gatorade is, well, clear you would see anything growing in it. and since its gatorade it has all the sugar and what-not to feed the spores. anyways i took a medium sized bottle, under sterile conditions added some spores. after a week or so the bottom of the bottle was covered in nice white stuff. now i have tried two sets of innoculation with the gatorade and have had no luck...so if you are going to make a myco-syringe...i would suggest going for a true myco-syringe from a stem and not from spores.
-ar393

Offlinelares
    #73491 - 02/08/00 05:09 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Or maybe not using Gatorade, which just sounds wack.

--------------------
"The universe does a math equation that never even ever really is anywhere in it, and if it spouts out creation, we're on the tip of its tongue, and it asks us where we stand." -- Modest Mouse

InvisibleOdin 13
Excitable Boy

#73492 - 02/08/00 05:35 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Made my living for many years in a bottling plant dude, softdrinks/sports drinks ALL have preservatives in them the purpose? To prevent GROWTH of contaminants! What do you think spores might be to a soft drink? Hmmm. I heard that!

[This message has been edited by Odin 13 (edited February 08, 2000).]

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #73493 - 02/09/00 07:24 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I am back again....
just wanted to report Old Lazlos Tek worx great...
i just innoculated 20 jars with mycelium syringes made out of a spoon full of mycelium from a jar which was stored in the fridge for some weeks...
100% germination, 0 contams....
I worked with a hepa filter and very carefull..
anyway try that and with the rest of the mycelium innoculte direcly...there is no need
for spores at this point.....

--------------------
i'm back

Offlineloathe
enthusiast
    #73494 - 02/08/00 10:27 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Bah .. I'm having trouble making a spore print.
I'll find me a nice mushie almost ready to break veil .. I get the oven on, and all that smack.
Anyways, I cut the cap off the stem, tear the veil, and wait for it to print. I've tried it several times, and each time it doesn't print. What the hell am I doing wrong?

Bah .. would anyone help me out and send me a spore print so I can perserve my project until I get the hang of it?

thanks

------------------

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #73495 - 02/09/00 11:04 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

you tear the veil yourself? that's probably too soon. i'd imagine the spores aren't fully developed yet. sometimes i can't get a print if i try right after the veil breaks. i wait till about 24 hours AFTER it breaks before i try to print it. Or just wait till you see it starting to drop, and take it then. You won't get the whole thing, but unless you're too slow, you'll still get one.

Link

------------------
In the beginning the Universe was created...
This made a lot of people angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #73496 - 02/09/00 01:37 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

....why haven`t you listend to me?
....Link is right wait a little bit longer....
you can also try to cut out a piece of clean mycelium out of an used cake with sterile tek (sterile knife etc...) over your oven...

just try it you don`t have to use spores...
buy some ready-made agar plates and clone a shroom....

--------------------
i'm back

InvisibleLinkA
Intrinsically No Good

Loc: Lost Woods, Hyrule
    #73497 - 02/09/00 02:34 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

hey prellgott, are you a new member? or did you have your posts reset? there's another one around here, but i coulda swore he had more than 2 posts

--------------------
Wonder had gone away, and he had forgotten that all life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.  -- H.P. Lovecraft "The Silver Key"

InvisiblePrellgott
addict
    #73498 - 02/10/00 08:02 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

No cause of some Computer problems I had to change my E-mail and did something wrong...
anyway Prellgott is back :biggrin:
my old personal message account is still working but I am a junior again :frown:....

thank you Link atleast someone has noticed me :wink:

so the unregisted Prellgott is the same guy as the new junior Prellgott....

call me a junior and I`ll kick your virtual
ass!!!! :mad:

------------------

--------------------
i'm back

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale