Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA/Ventura County
Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores
    #7345314 - 08/28/07 04:24 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

So my girl suprised me yesterday with a brand new pressure cooker. I have been working strictly with steam sterilization and brf and the pf tek. im really excited to start working with grains and other substrates.

other than that, i have a question about working with wild spores.

so far my method has been to take the spores, make an LC, and then transfer some LC to brf agar. after that, i take a wedge and transplant it to a cake.

my question is whether i need to always transfer from the LC to the agar or if its possible to just take some of the myc from an LC and transfer it directly without the use of agar. possibly using a diluted peroxide solution?

or will the contams already be germinated in the LC by that time making the peroxide useless?

any tips on wild spores beyond what the general shroomery articles already have would be nice.

btw, im using subbalteatus spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7345343 - 08/28/07 04:31 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You could try making some antibiotic MEA. A few shroomery vendors have gentamicin sulfate . I wouldn't start with an LC. I would scrape the spores directly onto the plate, I've never tried BRF as a substitute for PDA or MEA agar mixes so I'm not sure how effective it could be.

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: musher_420]
    #7345357 - 08/28/07 04:34 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've actually grown mycelium effectively on brf but it seems to dry out after a few days. i did what you said and just knocked the agar up with straight spores.

OfflineDem_Bones
Strangler
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Oklahoma
Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: Subbedhunter420]
    #7345393 - 08/28/07 04:45 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

if you do a trasnfer from lc to agar and it did not contamated your lc is good and you can just transer strate to the grow media ,, but you need a good lid on your lc i make mine with a mason jar plastic lids with a filter patch and injection site gluded on there so thay only get open once , afterwared i just susk out the lc in to a clean syring,

BUT IMO you are going at it backwards,
you should germanate your spors on agar then selce the best looking clean samples to make an LC with.. in my experance you can tell most of teh time if an lc contamnated just by looks and smell but if you want to sure after the lc is done you can take out a drop and put it on a more agar to be sure

--------------------
At the bottom of this page is a search bar to search all the post and threads on the forum so you can see all the other 500 people who asked the same thing.use the top search too it has shroomery approved FAQs USE IT YOU CAN DO IT !

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: Dem_Bones]
    #7345414 - 08/28/07 04:49 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

well the smell of my LC's is fine. ive even tasted it. (VERY DANGEROUS)

The liquid is clear as can be and it has tyvek on the lid. i guess ill keep experimenting. thank you for your help guys.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: Dem_Bones]
    #7345418 - 08/28/07 04:50 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Forget LC. Swipe your spores on agar using an inoculation loop. Transfer EVERY growth you see to its own new dish as soon as it becomes visible. This way, as the contaminant and mushroom spores germinate, each will be isolated from the others. Later, you can toss the dishes that turn out to be contaminant molds, while keeping the dishes that are pure mycelium, and use those for your growing.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineSubbedhunter420
Solitary Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: Gotta love the girlfriend, but hate wild spores [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #7345422 - 08/28/07 04:52 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

ahh.. inoculation loops.

so i just keep transferring to new plates? eventually the contams and mycelium will be separated.

thank you roger! you're vids btw are excellent.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds