Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblejellyfish

Psilocybe atlantis
    #7345096 - 08/28/07 03:27 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

So my friend is starting an atlantis #7 grow and he needs some tips. What is rye grass seed sold for and what kind of stores are likely to carry it? Can rye grain be used instead? Is it true that when starting from spores to agar, mixing part of the substrate you plan on using with the agar medium will help you isolate mycellium that does well on the intended substrate? My friend plans on getting a spore print and starting it on agar then using it to inoculate jars with tyvek filters. His agar mix consists of only agar agar, malt extract and yeast, does it need to be changed in anyway. Will live cultures of atlantis get used to peroxide on agar like cubensis does? What are the differences between fruiting atlantis and cubensis. How long after casing sclerotia do pins usually appear? Is it more succeptible to contams and errors in growing conditions then cubensis is? thanks in advance.

Edited by jellyfish (08/28/07 03:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
Re: Psilocybe atlantis [Re: jellyfish]
    #7345170 - 08/28/07 03:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

bufff ...too many questions ...
I have a post in the grow log room.
I have started from spores , out them on agar and I have done rye jars with some success, today I have prepared another jars , one with RGS and the second one with rye . Today I am inoculating these with a LC done with a piece of agar. My agar was done with agar and LME and no probblems , however somedoby gave me some dishes with agar puored already on them. I don´t know what kind of mix was used but I can asure that it is far more resistant to contams although speed colonization is slower.I will ask this person.I don´t use h2o2...so I can´t tell you about it.

If I were your friend ...I would skip all the mess I have done , altought It has helped me to get experience ...kind of PITA ...and I would order a spore syringe from a vendor and simply inoculate some jars. Once the sclerotia is ready to be harvested you can transfer a piece of it into agar and start from here ... and if you put some sclerotia with some peat it would colonize the substrate and with a bit of luck you can have pins ...and get prints and all the stuff ...

well I hope it can help you ...

( Maybe this information is not 100 % right ...but is how I have understood things reading some posts about Sclerotia )

Good luck and hope to see that you make also a grow log so that all the members from Shroomery could have more info about it. Most of the post in the cultivation archieves are quite old.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Psilocybe atlantis [Re: javtfs]
    #7345540 - 08/28/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

You can use rye grass seed or rye berries. Both work fine. Rye grass seed is used for sowing lawns and can be found at nurseries, as well as places like Ace hardware, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.

MEA will work fine. You don't need to mix any rye with it. I've tried that trick of putting some of the final substrate into the agar and it has not yielded any benefit that I could see.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblejellyfish

#7345788 - 08/28/07 06:44 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

The reason for not wanting to just get syringes is he and I read on sporeworks that all boxed packages like the ones that have the syringes carry a description of the contents. Even though they are legal here for microscopy he doesn't want to arouse suspicion. He has never done agar without peroxide and never started from a print but his glove box always works for inoculating grain jars with agar so if he pours the agar in the box and scrapes the prints in quick he will be fine. Are there any characteristics of the mycelium that are completely different from cubensis other than the tendency to form sclerotia? The reason he wants to do this grow is because he can't handle the taste of mushrooms at all and heard that these ones aren't as unpleasant and are harder to have bad trips on. How much truth is there to that? Thanks for the responses I know I asked a lot of questions.

edit: Also the teks we've been reading have given predetermined amounts of water and seed to put in the jar. Would it not be better to soak for 12-24 hours then simmer to full capacity then PC like rye to fight off endospores?

Edited by jellyfish (08/28/07 07:13 PM)

Offlinejavtfs
Olé!
Male

Loc: Spain
    #7347034 - 08/29/07 01:43 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

hi,

for example ...my dishes are fully colonized but the haven´t form any sclerotia in them. But they are forming it inside the jars.I don´t really know what kind of myc is supposed to be better to isolate ...so I have been trying to put several pieces into new dishes and maybe I have to test each ones of those into new jars to see what difference in production they have ...

Cannot tell you about the boxes packages ...BUT I suppose that there is nothing on the outside stating that there are Shroom spores on the inside ...

about the taste of them ...Haven´t tried yet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures