Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineElectricGnome
journeyman

Loc: the Mountains.........
highest average fruiting temp?
    #734388 - 07/09/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

just wondering what the highest temp for fruiting that you can give any strain?
I've never really read this yet, i'm kinda new but i know most people keep them at room temp. but i may be fruiting in a room that will be really hot..high 80's maybe +.

gnome

[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/062302-46/42083-san1small.jpg
[/image]

--------------------
-So, if a duck floats and so does wood then wood must weigh the same as a duck. - Monty Python
.....One way or another....
..........this darknesss has got to give........
-Hunter/Garcia
....there are many who will never evolve in their consciousness and thought....
-Me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetchyted
miestro
Loc: WA near seattle
Re: highest average fruiting temp? [Re: ElectricGnome]
    #734425 - 07/09/02 03:44 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

experiments varified many times over show that the ideal temp, and the temp of places where P. cubensis grow wild, is about 85 degrees F. you can go to soil temps just over a hundred, but much over that, and you will kill them. from low temps, the growth rate increases to a peak at about 85, then declines from there.

most people who grow them at home, grow at room temp, whatever that is, any room temp. mostly this has to do with economics.

according to Stamets, temps much higher than 85 will tend to favor the contams, so if maintained at elevated temps, then you will eventually end up with a bunch of mold.

in my own experiance with tropical species, the growth rate you can expect at 85 will easily be double that at 70, so many people are much more successful in warmer months than in the winter.

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: tchyted]
    #734428 - 07/09/02 03:46 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineElectricGnome
journeyman

Loc: the Mountains.........
Re: highest average fruiting temp? [Re: Macey Howard]
    #734436 - 07/09/02 03:51 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

ok thanks for the info! my fruiting/incubating room is being taken over by a giant watt grow lamp so someone else can do an experiment. i may have to move to another place if they get it too hot in there. but for there experiment it can't be more than 85F so that is one good thing. I just have to build something to sheild the light or reflect.

gnome

--------------------
-So, if a duck floats and so does wood then wood must weigh the same as a duck. - Monty Python
.....One way or another....
..........this darknesss has got to give........
-Hunter/Garcia
....there are many who will never evolve in their consciousness and thought....
-Me

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate