Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNCubensis
 User Gallery
Re: 1 PF Jar has green/blue areas? Need some guidance. * 1
    #73376 - 01/30/00 11:04 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

I forgot to ask why the green/blue crap showed up in a closed/taped jar after almost a month? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineloathe
enthusiast
Re: 1 PF Jar has green/blue areas? Need some guidance. [Re: NCubensis] * 1
    #73378 - 01/31/00 08:54 AM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Lets see ...

1) The green/blue mold sounds like Trichoderma. I would recommend throwing it out. I lost 6 jars to this. The reason why it 'showed up' after a month (as far as I can guess) is probably because the inside of the cake was infected, and the mold didn't show its face on the outside until now. Same happened with me.

2) As far as I know the cobweb mold is just another contaminant; however you can beat it with some H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide). The way I did this was just sterilize an empty syringe, fill with H2O2, and inject where the mold was taking hold. I did this three seperate time on one infection and succeeded in killing it.

3) I waited until 100% colonization until I let my jars into the light.

4) My first jar I birthed when the pins began to show on the sides (looked like little brownish/yellow spots on the sides of the jars), and the second I birthed before pinning initiated. The first cake is fruiting, but there are few and they are well spread, while the second cake sat for a while in the terrarrium before pinning, but is now literally covered with pins. That is completely up to you.

------------------
"Woe to you my Princess, when I come, I will kiss you quite red and feed you till you are plump. See who is the stronger, a gentle little girl who doesn't eat enough or a big wild man who has cocaine in his body."
-- Sigmund Freud, On Coca

OfflineNCubensis
 User Gallery
Re: 1 PF Jar has green/blue areas? Need some guidance. [Re: NCubensis] * 1
    #73379 - 02/04/00 04:24 PM (24 years, 1 month ago)

Can you kill the green crap by spaying with hydrogen peroxide? Or do you gotta start all over?

[This message has been edited by NCubensis (edited February 04, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix