Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Alcohol related liver damage
    #7337040 - 08/26/07 05:07 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I have reasons to believe i have sustained some kind of liver damage due to excessive binge drinking. I have a always loved my alcohol but have been able to keep drinking to weekends only mostly. During my vacations etc i pretty much drink all the time. The problem started after doing a 6 month Asia trip. The last two months me and a buddy pretty much got wasted every single day with a few off days to recuperate. It was after this binge i started noticing i have a slight internal pain under my left rib. I assume that it is my liver that hurts.

The pain goes away at the end of the week if i have been clean, but all it takes is a single night out for the pain to come back. Unfortunately i cant seem to go trough an entire week without drinking.

Could i have permanent live damage? Will it heal if i give it enough time?

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Edited by Scarfmeister (08/26/07 06:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Alcohol related live damage [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #7337223 - 08/26/07 05:48 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Could i have permanent live damage? Will it heal if i give it enough time?

I doubt you have permanent damage but it is something to be concerned about.

"The liver has a tremendous capacity to regenerate itself. If caught early, minimal liver damage can be reversed if the person abstains from alcohol. More severe damage may cause illness and sometimes death."

https://www.aasld.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=FastFacts_Alchol

There are some things you can take if you are going to drink heavily that will protect your liver and allow it to regenerate itself. I would suggest you take silymarin ( milk thistle extract ) before and after a heavy drinking session. (This is a routine I personally follow).

"Double blind studies on the effect of silymarin on toxic liver damage (mostly induced by alcohol), chronic liver disease and disease caused by certain drugs have been reviewed by medical experts. They concluded that basic lab and clinical data suggests silymarin is a therapeutically useful medicinal plant product that stabilizes the cell membrane and stimulates protein synthesis, while accelerating the process of regeneration in damaged liver tissue."

http://www.liversupport.com/milkthistle.htm

Another thing to consider taking is activated charcoal which you can get in capsule form. The charcoal binds congeners and other toxic metabolites present in alcohol and flushes them from your system. That is another way to protect your liver- most of the toxins will never reach your liver in the first place.

I take activated charcoal every couple of hours during a heavy drinking session. Like last night for instance. I drank 8 16 oz. beers which would normally give me a killer hangover. No hangover whatsoever today. Just like any other day.

These things do work but please do not use them as an excuse to drink more often or more heavily than you would normally.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Alcohol related liver damage [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #7337427 - 08/26/07 06:33 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Give up alcohol. Simple cure. Alcohol addiction leads to being dead in a most unpleasant way.

I suggest large doses of Mescaline (peyote or san pedro) to break the habit. This has worked for people I know well who were full on alcoholic.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (08/26/07 06:35 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Alcohol related liver damage [Re: Icelander]
    #7338968 - 08/27/07 06:57 AM (16 years, 7 months ago)

> I suggest large doses of Mescaline

Large doses of LSD have also been shown to help break alcohol addiction.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Alcohol related liver damage [Re: Seuss]
    #7345263 - 08/28/07 04:13 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> I suggest large doses of Mescaline

Large doses of LSD have also been shown to help break alcohol addiction.

ibogaine as well i believe.

im not sure, but stop drinking if you can, and make sure you're taking vitamin supplements when you do drink

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Offlinedanzick
getting stranger

Re: Alcohol related liver damage [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #7363934 - 09/03/07 09:46 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've seen two of my girlfriend's friends die from liver failure in the past year and two more are well on their way to the same end. All are/were heavy drinkers and relatively young. It's not a pretty way to go, jaundice, lots of pain, etc.. I would suggest you lay off the booze and find other recreational pursuits.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules